No Where Left To Run

The Tomb

It had been 2 weeks since the comet had passed over Mystic Falls and things with Jeremy were more than perfect; but right now I was searching for Anna and I was beyond furious because she was involved in kidnapping Everleigh, so I was hunting her down to teach her a lesson about messing with my family.

I saw Anna walk into a side alley and I knew that I shouldn’t follow her in there but I couldn’t help it; so I walked down the alley in search of Anna but of course she was the one to find me first which didn’t really surprise me that much.

“Now just listen to me Montgomery, I don’t want to hurt you but I will if I have to. If you open the tomb then I’ll let Everleigh go” Anna told me as she pushed me up against a wall and wrapped her hand around my throat as she pinned me there; I gasped for air as she gave my neck a squeeze as I grabbed onto her wrist and tried to push her away.

“No Anna, give me Everleigh back and I won’t go tell Damon that you have her” I managed to tell her as Damon was just as worried as I was which was a great sigh because he did like her as well; I glared at Anna as she raised me up off my feet as he held my neck tightly in her hand.

“Go tell Damon, he can’t hurt me because I’m older and more powerful than him” Anna told me with a smirk forming on her lips but the smirk didn’t last long because in a split second she had let me go and was now crouching over in pain; I kept my eyes on her as I sent excruciating pain throughout her whole body.

“I could kill you faster than you think, don’t think for a second that I’m going to go easy on you. You kidnapped Leigh and she’s family, so now you have to deal with me and I’m a more powerful witch then you realise” I said to her in a low voice as she held her head in her hands as the pain reached every part of her body; I hated causing people this type of pain but I would do anything I had to so my family would be safe.

“Paige stop please, you don’t understand. My mother is inside that tomb and I’ve waited 145 years for this moment, all I want is to be with my mother again. Can’t you understand that?” Anna asked me through her groans of pain and I could understand that; but that didn’t mean that I was going to do anything to help her.

“And you think kidnapping Everleigh was going to make me say yes? That might work on other people Anna, but it’s not going to work on me. Find another way to open the tomb because I’m not helping you” I told her sternly as I glared at her and increased the pain which would be too much for a human but vampires have much higher pain tolerance levels; I knew that I should probably stop the pain or at least decrease it but I wasn’t finished with her just yet.

“That’s what you think, don’t you know that you shouldn’t follow a vampire into an alley” Anna said to me as she looked up at me with the same smug smirk on her face; but this time it was for a different reason and I found out the reason when I felt something very hard hit the back of my head, the blow was so strong that I was knocked unconscious immediately.

Tomb

I groaned as I started to slowly wake up but I wished that I hadn’t because my head was throbbing in pain; I opened my eyes only to notice that I was laying on the ground in the forest at night-time which scared me but I calmed down when I heard Everleigh yelling at someone, so at least I knew she was alright because she was angry and her being angry is a very good sign.

“Everleigh? Are you okay?” I asked my best friend as I saw she was chained up to the tree which wasn’t a good sign at all; I stood up to my feet and quickly brushed the dirt off of myself before I tried to run over to her but I couldn’t, it was all I was trapped in an invisible force field that I’d never experienced before.

“I’m fine Paige, but you can’t get out. Look at the ground, Anna drew that sign and it basically means that it traps a witch inside it” Everleigh told me as she saw me struggling to get over to her and when I looked at the ground I saw that a sign had been spray painted onto the ground; I tried to use a spell to get myself out of the trap but my power didn’t even work.

“Well it’s about time you woke up Paige, we’ve been waiting a long time for this. Now I’ll break the trap as long as you agree to open the tomb, if not then Everleigh dies” Anna told me as she walked over to me and all I wanted to do was attack her for doing all of this; I heard someone say my name and as I turned to look I saw Elena, Stefan and Damon standing there.

“Paige please open the tomb, I need to know if Katherine is inside there as well. She deserves what’s coming to her” Damon said to me as he quickly made his way over to Everleigh so I knew that she would be safe if he was close by; he wanted to see Katherine inside the tomb before he set it on fire to kill her once and for all.

“I’ll open the tomb but only if you unchain Everleigh and promise to me that no one will hurt her or any of the people who live here, and you can only get your mother out” I said to Anna knowing that she was desperate to be with her mother again so she’d have to bargain with me; I watched Anna closely as she signed Ben to unchain Everleigh and I felt so sorry for Ben, he was a good guy and Anna turned him.

“As you want, now open the tomb” Anna told me simply as she broke the trap and handed me my Great Grandma Sarah’s spell book which my Grandma Emma had given me; I still didn’t know how Anna found out that this spell book held the spell to open the tomb but I had known all along as I’ve read it from front to back heaps of times.

I made sure that Everleigh was safe with Stefan and Elena before I took a deep breath to focus myself; I concentrated as I started to say the spell in Latin which all the spells where written in and you had to say them that way as well, but that didn’t bother me because my Dad made sure that I learnt Latin from the time I was 8.

I read through the spell as the wind picked up and started blowing a strong breeze around us; I could feel the spell working but it was also taking a lot out of me which wasn’t helping my sore head but I sucked it up and kept going, I looked up as the sign on the tomb open glowed a yellow light as I finished the spell and the door was opened at last.

“Damon goes in first, in case any of you decide to try and trap me inside” Anna said to us which caused Damon to push the tomb door aside before he walked in to find Katherine; I watched as Anna followed him into the tomb which is when Stefan and Everleigh attacked Ben who ended up being set on fire.

Elena ran down to where I was and started to kick at the dirt so no witch could ever get stuck in this trap again; I smiled at her in thanks as I held the spell book tight in my hands and prayed that everything would go to plan, but it didn’t because we all heard Damon’s angry yells from inside the tomb about Katherine not being inside.

“Lift the spell Paige, we can’t get out” Anna said to me as she appeared at the entrance of the tomb with her weak vampire mother; there was a spell on the tomb that didn’t let vampires out once they were inside which was a pain because now Damon couldn’t get out and I was already weakened from the first spell.

I read the spell from the book which took even more energy out of me but I knew that I had to keep going for Damon’s sake; but what none of us knew was that Damon threw a packet of blood at the wall in anger which Anna had taken in for her mother to drink, as soon as those three were out of the tomb I said another spell to just close over to tomb door not to keep the vampires inside. Everleigh rushed over to my side as my nose started to bleed which was a sign that the spells were too much for me and that I was weakened because of them; I leaned into her because I was so tired but she slowly helped me walk back home with her so I could rest and get my strength back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige's Outfit

Please Comment!