No Where Left To Run

Founder’s Day Kick-Off Party

“Paige stop blaming yourself about what happened, you didn’t know something like this would happen” Everleigh said to me softly as we walked into school and towards our lockers while she did her best to cheer me up; but it wasn’t working because I knew that what happened at the tomb was my fault and that I had to do my best to fix it.

“It’s my fault Leigh, I let a bunch of vampires escape from that tomb and now they’re running around town. I should have resealed the tomb and then none of this would have happened” I said to her softly as we stopped at our lockers and placed our bags inside; I’d already read through books that Grandma had on spells to try and find something that I could use against the vampires but I didn’t find anything useful.

“Hey you, I didn’t see you over the weekend. Is everything alright? Leigh said you weren’t feeling that well” Jeremy said to me as he walked over to us and leaned against the locker next to mine; I hated lying to him like that but I was too upset to see anyone after what happened and I wasn’t about to tell him what was going on either as he was safer not knowing.

“I’m fine now thank you, I think something that I ate just didn’t agree with me. I didn’t really want you to see me like that and then get scared off” I said to him as I gave him a smile to reassure him that I was fine; even if I wasn’t but I had to put on a brave face for him even though all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and hide from the world.

“Nothing about you is going to scare me away Paige, you’re stuck with me now whether you like it or not” Jeremy said to me with a wide smile on my face as he believed the lie that I had just told him and now I knew what Everleigh felt like all those times she’s had to lie to the people she cares about; but a real smile formed on my face when Jeremy leaned in closer to me and gave my lips a sweet kiss.

“Ugh there is way too much sweetness going on here for me, you two really do make my stomach churn” Everleigh said to us as she made a disgusted face at us before she walked off down the hall to meet up with Elena and Bonnie; I chucked softly to myself as I watched her walk away before I turned my attention back onto my boyfriend.

“Well now I know one good way of getting Leigh to leave so I can spend more time with you” Jeremy smiled down at me as he kissed my forehead softly before he turned towards my locker and took out the books I needed for our first class; he was always carrying my books or my school bag which is very gentleman like and sweet which is something that I loved about him.

I closed my locker door and entwined my fingers with Jeremy’s free hand as we walked around the school to our first class which was Biology; on the way there he told me about his Uncle John who turned up at the house this morning so I of course asked him questions about John because Jeremy had never talked about him before so I was curious.

“You should come over after school and meet him, then we can go to that party thing together” Jeremy said to me as we entered the class room and took our normal seats which were third from the back; once I had my books and pencil case set out on my desk I looked at him with worry in my eyes because I always got nervous meeting new people and he knew this.

“It’s the Founder’s Day Kick-Off Party Jeremy, and I don’t know if that’s such a good idea. What if he doesn’t like me or he doesn’t approve of me being with you?” I asked him softly as the teacher started the class and told us to open our text books; I flipped through my book until I found the page which is when I heard Jeremy’s soft chuckle.

“Paige he’s going to love you, and I honestly don’t care what he thinks about you because I’m the one dating you” Jeremy said to me quietly as he opened his own text book before we started writing down the questions that were written up on the board; I already knew that I would be meeting John Gilbert but I still liked to make sure that I argued my case.

“Just because you, Elena and Jenna like me doesn’t mean everyone is going to like me” I said to him smiling because I knew he wasn’t going to keep arguing with me about this; he’s usually really good about letting me win our little fun arguments but I knew that would be different if we ever had a real fight and we probably will when he finds out what I’ve been hiding from him.

Founder’s Day Kick-Off Party

“So Jeremy told me that you live with your Grandma and Everleigh? It must be hard for Everleigh to not be around her family” John Gilbert said to me as we stood on the porch of the Lockwood house to take a break from the party; well I was taking a break and John found me out here alone as Jeremy went to get us both an non-alcoholic drink.

“My Grandma and I are the only family Leigh has now, her parents past away a few years ago and she’s been with me ever since” I said to him trying to keep the information I gave him on Everleigh limited; what I told him wasn’t all a lie because her parents had died of old age but it didn’t happen a few years ago but he didn’t need to know that.

“Oh I’m so sorry to hear that Paige, it must be hard on both of you then. Having both lost your parents I mean, just like Elena and Jeremy” John said to me as I saw Everleigh and Damon stand in the doorway as they watched us; John couldn’t see them as they were behind him but I suddenly felt better with there because I had an uneasy feeling around John but I didn’t know why.

“Thank you but we’re fine, we all take it one day at a time. I’m just lucky that I still have my Grandma and Everleigh, they keep me going” I said to him as I glanced around to try and find Jeremy who had been gone for a while; it didn’t take this long to get a drink from the bar and I was starting to get worried about him.

“That is the only way to grieve properly, but I hope you aren’t like Elena and go near the Salvatore brothers. I don’t trust them but I believe that someone around you is just like them, someone that you shouldn’t trust either” John said to me as he looked straight at me like he knew about Everleigh and what she was; which didn’t surprise me but I had also seen how tense Damon got whenever John was around him or Everleigh and Damon never gets tense unless it’s serious.

“I um… I should go find Jeremy, it was nice talking with you again John. I’ll see you around” I excused myself as nicely as I possibly could because I felt like just running away from him; he let me go as I walked past him to try and find my boyfriend but something caught my eye as I walked around the corner of the house.

Damon had lead Everleigh back inside already so they didn’t see Anna standing in the back yard with Jeremy; I stood on the porch by myself as I watched them both closely to make sure Anna didn’t do anything but my heart was pounding in my chest, I knew what Anna could do but I also knew that she would never hurt Jeremy.

“Elena! Elena… Anna just told Jeremy about her” I said to her softly after I rushed back into the house and pulled Elena into an empty room which caused Damon, Stefan and Everleigh to follow us; I couldn’t help but freak out when I saw Anna’s eyes turn black as she bared her fangs at Jeremy to let him know what she was.

“What? Why did she tell him? We told her not to say anything to him” Elena said in worry and in anger because now Jeremy knew the one thing that she’d been trying to keep from him all this time; now they had to deal with knowing about the supernatural and also deal with Elena being adopted which is just going to make all of this harder on them.

“We’ll deal with this Elena and we’ll make sure that Jeremy stays safe, Paige go find him and stay with him” Stefan said to us as he rubbed his girlfriend’s back to try and calm her down which wasn’t going to help but he tried anyways; I nodded before I said my goodbyes and walked back out to the yard but Jeremy wasn’t there anymore so I walked over to his house to be with him if he needed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige's Outfit

Please Comment!