No Where Left To Run

Founder’s Day Celebration

“I’m really sorry Elena, I tried to get to him as fast as I could but when I found him he was already reading your journal” I said to her as we both watched Jeremy walk away from us which I knew hurt Elena the most; it was Founder’s Day so the town threw its own little party with floats from 150 years ago but Jeremy was still angry that Elena didn’t tell him about what happened to Vicky.

“No it’s my fault Paige, I should have told him myself but I was too scared to and now he hates me. I know you’ve tried talking to him so thank you for that” Elena said to me softly as Stefan and Everleigh joined us; and by the look Stefan had on his face I knew straight away that he had news on something important.

I stood beside Everleigh as Stefan told Elena about John being her biological father because he was dating Isobel at the time; it made sense but I felt sorry for Elena because that was just one more thing she had to deal with and she never really liked John all that much, but that wasn’t the worst part because before Pearl died she told Damon and Anna that the tomb vampires were planning an attack tonight.

“If they do attack tonight then it will most likely be on the founding families and no one else, so most of the people in town should be fine but it’s still going to be risky with everyone there” Everleigh said softly to us so no one else heard but I couldn’t think of anything that we could do to stop them from attacking; they were angry which they had every right to be because I would be pissed too if I was locked up in a tomb for that many years.

“We also have to deal with John, he has this device that will expose any vampire within a 5 mile radius” Damon said as he walked over to us and joined our little conversation; Grandma Emma had told Everleigh and I about this device but we didn’t know if it even still existed or not, but we now know that it does meaning that Everleigh, Damon and Stefan were in danger.

“Everything is being set up for tonight which means the vampires could attack or John could use the device at any time now, we have to think of something to stop both of these things happening” Elena said to us with worry clear in her voice because she knew she wouldn’t be helpful tonight as it would be up to us four; I thought through every spell I knew to see if I could remember anything that might help but I came up with nothing.

“We’ll work something out Elena, go find Bonnie and ask her for some help. We’ll make a plan” Stefan told her as he leaned in closer to her and gave her a soft kiss before she walked off to find Bonnie; the four of us looked at each other as we knew there wasn’t much we could do without exposing ourselves to the own town which we weren’t planning on doing.

“We’ll be here tonight and we’ll keep our eyes open for John or any of the tomb vampires, that’s really all we can do” Everleigh said softly before she let out a soft sigh and I knew that she hated not having a plan for something like this; we all agreed before we went our separate ways and I went to find Jeremy who thankfully didn’t tell me about the vampires so he still thinks that I don’t know anything.

Founder’s Day Celebration

“Jeremy please, you need to go home now and you need to stay there. You have to listen to me, this is important” I said to him as I tried my best to keep my voice down because I didn’t know who was a vampire and who wasn’t; but of course he was being stubborn and he was refusing to leave me without knowing the reason.

“No Paige, I’m sick of being told what to do and I’m not going home unless you tell me why. I just found out Elena has been keeping things from me, I couldn’t deal with you doing the stay thing so tell me what’s going on” Jeremy said to me as his eyes locked onto mine causing me to feel even worse; I was seriously the worse girlfriend in the world right now but I had to make sure that he was safe.

“Jeremy sweetie, can you please take me to the grill. All this excitement is making me thirsty, and I’d love to have some company” Grandma Emma said to him as she walked over to us and I knew that she just stayed my ass because at least with them both being at the grill was better than them being out here; I let out a soft sigh when Jeremy agreed because he had always liked my Grandma.

“Of course Ms Montgomery, I’ll talk to you later Paige” Jeremy said to me as he leaned in closer to me and kissed my lips softly which I instantly returned; hopefully he wouldn’t be too angry with me once he found out that I have been lying to him but I knew he would be because what I’ve done is worse than what Elena did.

I slowly walked around the town square as I kept my eyes moving but if the tomb vampires were here than they were sure blending in well; I spotted Everleigh so I walked over to her before she lead me away slightly so she could tell me that the vampires where here and that Damon had gone off to talk to John, which was a stupid thing to do but we couldn’t fix it now.

I looked up at the sky when the fireworks started to go off but my attention was captured by Everleigh’s screams as she fell to her knees and held her head in her hands; I knelt down beside her as I wrapped my arms around her body to try and comfort her but I knew this was the work of Jonathan Gilbert’s device but we were lucky because no one heard her so she didn’t get captured, after 5 minutes she stopped screaming and calmed down enough for us to keep moving.

“John has put all the vampires in Grayson Gilbert’s old office, I’m pretty sure that he’s got Damon in the basement” Alaric told us when we bumped into him, Elena and Stefan which I was glad about because now we only had to save Damon; Alaric agreed to stay with Elena while we ran over to the old office only to see fire already lit in the basement.

I raised my hand up as I focused on the fire and started to say a spell in Latin which caused the fire to split into two which let Stefan and Everleigh run down into the basement to find Damon; I block out everything else around me as I focused on keeping the spell activated but once they were safely out of the building I took a step back and ended the spell.

“Thank you Paige… Paige?” Damon said to me as Stefan helped him stand up as he shook off what happened but I was already running away because I had a bad feeling in my stomach but I didn’t know what for; I heard them calling out my name as they followed me at human pace but I was running as fast as I could and I didn’t even know where my feet where taking me.

“No! Grandma no!” I screamed out loudly when my feet suddenly stopped running but what I saw made my world come crashing down around me yet again; a tomb vampire who must have escaped the device was hovering over my Grandma’s body as he had just finished breaking her neck as he couldn’t drink from her because she’s been having vervain in her tea for years.

“Paige stop it, let us deal with him. Don’t you dare go down to his level, Paige listen to me” Everleigh said to me as she stood behind me with Stefan and Damon; but it was already too late because I had that vampire under my power and I wasn’t going to make his final death pleasant, I kept causing his body pain before I stopped it and started it again.

“Paige your Grandma wouldn’t want to see you like this, let me help you like you just helped me. Let him go and I promise you that I will take care of him” Damon said to me in his calming voice as tears fall down my cheeks but I was struggling to let him go because he just killed the only blood related family I had left; I wanted to be strong and to get revenge for my Grandma but I wasn’t strong enough to kill him.

“Paige please, don’t do this” Jeremy said to me softly causing me to turn to look at him as he stood there with Elena as they watched me; I didn’t even know that he was there but he was enough for me to let the vampire go from being under my power, which caused him to start running but Damon was quick to follow him and I knew that he could take care of the vampire for me.

“I’m sorry Jer” I said to him softly before I knelt down beside my Grandma’s body and pulled her onto my lap as I held her tightly in my arms; I didn’t care who was there watching me as I cried into my Grandma’s hair as I rocked her body gently and prayed that she would come back but I knew that she was gone forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige's Outfit

Please Comment!