No Where Left To Run

The Wake

“I lost my Grandma and Jeremy in the same night, what am I supposed to do now Leigh? Jeremy hates me for not telling him about what I am, I never meant for this to happen” I said to Everleigh softly as I sat in the kitchen while she made sure all the food was ready for the wake we were having at our house for Grandma; after Jeremy saw what I was and realised that I had known all along he just walked off with Elena.

“I’m sure he’ll be fine Paige, just let him get all of this into his head. It’s a lot for him to take in, then you talk to him and tell him why you didn’t tell him” Everleigh said to me and I was so grateful that I at least had her still here with me because I honestly didn’t know what I would do without her; I just hated knowing that Jeremy was angry with me because I did what I did to make sure he was safe from this life.

“I agree with Leigh, Jeremy is going to be fine in time Paige. Trust me on this alright, Elena has been filling him in on everything” Damon said to me as he walked over to us and he had been really helping us ever since Grandma died; he killed the vampire and then he’s been around us ever since to make sure we were alright, well Everleigh told him to protect me and that’s what he’s been doing.

“Thank you Damon, for everything that you’ve done for us lately” I said to him softly as I gave him a small smile which was all I could muster up right now; I stood up from the chair and walked through the house to the front door as everyone would be arriving soon for the wake and I was going to be the one to welcome everyone inside, although Everleigh did offer but I knew I should be the one to do it.

I stood just outside the front door as I greeted everyone that came to the funeral and welcomed them inside; I put on a brave face as everyone told me how sorry they were which I had to deal with when my parents died and this was the part I hated the most, I didn’t want people feeling sorry for Everleigh and I but I just had to suck it up and deal with it.

“Hi Elena, thank you for coming. Please come inside” I said to her as she walked over to me and gave me a smile but I watched her closely as she walked into the house; there was just something about her that wasn’t right but I didn’t know what it was although it could have just been the fact that John and Caroline were in hospital.

She didn’t even say anything to me or hug me which was strange for her and I was pretty sure that it wasn’t because of Jeremy; I just brushed it off as I decided to talk to Stefan about it later because I was more focused on greeting Grandma’s friends because I didn’t want to think about anything else as I didn’t want to start crying again.

“Paige go inside and take a break, I’ll finish greeting people” Everleigh said to me softly as she stood beside me and rubbed my back; I nodded as I thanked her before I walked back inside and went straight into my Grandma’s office to escape everyone for a while.

“Mind if I join you Paige? It reminds me of Dad’s wake… it’s a bit too much right now” Tyler asked me softly as he walked into the office and saw me sitting on the couch; I shook my head telling him that he was fine to join me as his father just got buried a few days ago.

“I can understand that… I just wish I knew why, why them? Everyone loved my Grandma and she never hurt anyone, so why was she the one who had to die?” I said to him as he took a seat beside me on the couch that Grandma had in her office; this time I couldn’t stop the tears from forming in my eyes and being in her office wasn’t really helping my emotions as it all reminded me of her.

“I honestly don’t know Paige but if there is anything I can do then just ask, I know what you’re going through. You have Everleigh and everyone else but you still feel lonely, you’re blaming yourself and you feel like you’ll never be happy again. I’m sorry Jeremy’s being a jerk too” Tyler said to me as he wrapped his arms around me as the tears started to fall; I leaned into his body as more tears fell but it was like I’d finally found someone who could relate to me aside from Everleigh.

“I want her back Tyler, I just want my Grandma back” I said to him as I looked at him while he gently wiped away my tears with his thumb as his brown eyes locked onto mine; I went to pull back but I was too late as Tyler leaned in closer and pressed his lips against mine for a kiss.

“What the hell is going on in here? Get the hell away from her Tyler!” Jeremy yelled in anger as he walked into the room and saw us which made me pull back instantly; I thought that he was angry at me but I realised he was pissed off at Tyler because Jeremy pulled Tyler up off the couch and pushed him away from me.

“Why should I Jeremy? Who was the one to comfort Paige at her Grandma’s funeral? Who’s been there for her that past few days? Was it you? No it’s been me!” Tyler shouted back as he gave Jeremy a shove backwards which is when I started to try and stop them; but I couldn’t as they kept shoving and pushing each other as they fought which I didn’t want because I didn’t even like Tyler like that.

“Hey! Stop it now! This isn’t helping anyone and its certainly not helping Paige right now, you two need to grow up and fast” Stefan scolded them both as he rushed into the room and pulled them a part before Tyler walked out of the room; which is when Stefan became serious as he turned to face me and I knew something was wrong.

“Oh my god… I invited her into my house? I didn’t know it was Katherine, I thought she was Elena. I’m sorry Stefan, I wasn’t paying attention” I explained to everyone once Stefan told me that Katherine was back and that she was at the wake; Everleigh decided to end the wake early because of this so now it was me, Everleigh, Damon, Stefan, Elena, Bonnie and Jeremy left.

“It’s not your fault Paige, you had no idea that Katherine was even back. None of us knew until Bonnie told us, so don’t blame yourself about this” Elena reassured me as Everleigh made me sit down in the dining room as she tried to calm me down but she wasn’t having much success; but as soon as I felt Jeremy rub my back softly I was suddenly able to think again as I calmed down slowly and that was all I needed.

Later That Night

I let out a soft sigh as I sat in the living room and listened to Damon complain about Katherine to Everleigh as Katherine had gone to see Damon earlier; he was upset and had been drinking because Katherine told him she had only loved Stefan which would hurt anyone, vampire or not but I just hoped this didn’t stop them from being together.

“Jeremy?” I said in surprise once I heard the doorbell ring and opened the door to see him standing there in front of me; I took a few steps back as Jeremy just walked forward into the house without saying anything and closed the door behind him, before he placed his hands on my hips and pulled me to him as he leaned closer and kissed me which I did return.

“I’m sorry Paige, I’ve been such a jerk to you lately. I should have forgiven you and been here for you like a good boyfriend, I just couldn’t deal with you and Elena keeping all of this from me but I don’t care now. She explained everything to me” Jeremy said to me after we finished kissing as he held me close against his body which I had been missing these past few days; I smiled up at him as our eyes locked together and this was my first real smile since that night.

“I never wanted to keep anything from you but I needed to keep you safe Jer… what’s going on in there?” I told him before I frowned when I heard Everleigh raise her voice at Damon as she kept telling him no; I followed Jeremy as he walked into the kitchen and I saw Damon was trying to kiss Everleigh but he was upset so she was trying to stop him but he wasn’t listening to her.

“Everleigh what’s going on in here? Is everything alright?” Jeremy asked as all four of us stood in the kitchen now; Damon took a step back from Everleigh to look at us and I started to get worried because I’ve never seen him like this before and I was also worried about him being this angry around Jeremy.

“No everything isn’t alright Jeremy, you wanted to be involved in this life and know about us. Well this is what can happen when you know things, that you shouldn’t” Damon said as he grabbed Jeremy and pinned him against the wall; I couldn’t do anything to stop Damon because he moved too fast for me to see what he was doing.

“No Jeremy!” I screamed when I watched Damon break Jeremy’s neck before letting his lifeless body just fall to the floor; I instantly ran over to my boyfriend’s body before I knelt down and pulled Jeremy’s body onto my lap as I just held onto him tight and cried for him.

I held onto Jeremy’s body as Damon left the house which was good because I wasn’t going to play nice with him anymore; I could faintly hear Everleigh call Elena and tell her that she needed to come over because Jeremy got hurt and within a few minutes she was here with Stefan, soon both Elena and I were crying over Jeremy’s body but that was before he woke up and inhaled deeply.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige's Outfit

Please Comment!