Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

32

usic was blaring and the booze was flowing by the time Brian and I got to the party, and I couldn’t wait to get inside. I held tightly to my boyfriend’s hand as I weaved my way in and out of the people, looking for the kegs and my friends. In that order.
“Katie fucking Madsen!”
Hearing my name being yelled, I turned to see Jen, Mandy, and Haylie on the dining room table, dancing and each holding red cups filled with what I can gladly assume was beer. Jen jumped off and made her way towards us, grinning from ear to ear before spotting the bruises on my face. Looking enraged, she tripped over something before reaching me.
“What the crap happened to your face?” She asked loudly, reaching out to touch one of the bruises.
Dodging her fingers, I took her hand and smiled. “Don’t worry about it. Where can a girl get a drink around here?”
She laughed and waved her fingers around. “There’s booze all over the goddamn place. Hold on, I’ll get you some. You want a beer, too, Syn?”
He nodded, still holding my hand, and pulled me to him.
“Are you planning on getting drunk, little missy?” He asked, putting his mouth close to my ear.
I giggle. “Maybe, baby.”
I knew he was smirking as he lightly nipped the skin beneath my ear. Putting my hands against his chest, I pushed him back so I could look seriously up at him.
“But that doesn’t mean that you can take advantage of me, Mr. Gates.”
“Oh, I can’t, huh?” He asked, pulling me closer to him by my hips. “What if I want to?”
“Well, you can’t.”
He pouted. “And why not?”
“Because maybe,” I said slowly, winding my arms around his neck. “I want to take advantage of you.”
He smirked and rested his forehead against mine. “I think I can let you do that.”
I laughed just as someone tapped my shoulder.
“Hey, lovebirds, take it upstairs.”
I turned around to see Zacky and Emma grinning at us.
“Hey, you two.” I greeted, putting my back to Brian’s chest to smile at the two guys.
“You got your party face on, Katie-girl?” Emma asked.
“Bet your ass.”
“Here, drinks.” Jen announced, handing me and Brian cups filled to the brim with beer.
“Thank you.”
Jen leaned toward me and said loudly in my ear, “Haylie got some stuff from her brother for tonight.”
I looked at her with wide eyes, then looked at Haylie, who was giving me a thumbs-up and winking.
I winked back and asked Jen, “Does Emma know?”
“Yeah, she was waiting for you to get here.”
I grinned. “Awesome. Get the goods.”
Jen kissed my cheek and ran off the get the other girls.
“What was that?” Brian asked and I smirked at him.
“Oh, you’ll see.”

Two and a half hours later, Brian was ready to go and Katie was nowhere to be found.
He walked around the basement, searching for her while Zacky looked on the main floor as Emma was also missing in action.
Katie sure had surprised him. She’d drank enough to get hammered, and had spent the night dancing with her friends or with him while still managing to be the center of attention – well, one of them. The five girls wee the only high school girls in attendance, and got a lot of attention – mostly male attention, and Brian didn’t like it.
Seeing no sign of her, Brian went back upstairs and ran into Zacky.
“You got nothing?”
Brian shook his head.
“I’ll go outside, you go upstairs.” Zacky suggested.
Nodding, Brian turned to the stairs and quickly ascended them, not liking the fact that he couldn’t fid her. It made him uneasy.
He opened every door, walking in on some girl hurling in the bathroom, a couple dudes passed out in a bedroom, and some guy and girl getting busy in some type of study room. There was only one room left and Brian quickly opened it, preparing himself to see someone naked. But instead he saw…