Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

40

“Yep.” I grabbed my phone and stuck it in my right front pocket before sliding my ID and money in the left.
“Should we call the guys, let them know we’re coming?” Jen asked as we followed her down the stairs.
“No, we told them to be at Syn’s by eight. Let’s shock the shit out of them.” I suggested with a smirk as we left Emma’s house and walked down to my car.
“Shotgun!” Emma screamed, running to the passenger door.
“Aw, you bitch.” Jen whined and I laughed before getting in behind the wheel.
We talked about random things on the way to my boyfriend’s house, like school and the things that were going on with our friends.
“So is Tim going to show tonight?” Em asked casually.
“I don’t know.” Jen said from the back. “I never called him to tell him we were going out, but maybe I’ll call him later.”
I held back a sigh and pulled into the driveway at Brian’s house, putting the car in park and getting out.
We walked up to the front door together and I rang the bell, wondering what Brian would say when he saw me. But the door opened and there was Val, looking gorgeous as always.
She grinned at us and stepped aside to let us in. “Hey, you guys look awesome. Are you trying to do some impressing tonight or what?”
I laughed and hugged her. “Well, you look amazing, as always.”
“Thanks. The guys are downstairs, but grab something to drink from the kitchen. The boys have already started boozing, so go for it.”
I led the girls into the kitchen and we each grabbed bottles of beer and popped the tops before heading downstairs.
I could hear the music coming from the speakers in the basement and smiled, as it was Closer by Nine Inch Nails. Brian loved that song, and so did I. The guys were laughing loudly about something or other and my smile widened when I heard Brian yelling something to Jimmy.
Emma was walking down the stairs in front of me and screamed, “We’re here, bitches!”
All talk stopped as we entered the basement, and I smirked when I saw the way Brian’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped when he saw me. I looked over and saw Zacky was looking at Emma in much the same way, but my brow rose when I saw the way Johnny was looking at Jen. His jaw was clenched and his eyes were hooded as they moved up and down her body. I glanced at her to see she was smirking at him before sitting down on the couch beside him, close enough that their hips touched.
I sighed and looked back at Brian, who was letting his eyes wander up and down my body before they reached my eyes.
I got closer and felt the breath catch in my throat. He was wearing his favorite – and my favorite – jeans, which were dark and ripped, with his three or four belts around his hips. His shirt was black and hugged his built body perfectly, with GATES written across the chest in silver, with a silver skull drawn underneath. The sleeves were cut off, leaving his big, tattooed arms bare. His make-up was dark but minimal, his black hair was straightened, and his signature fedora was perched on his head, angled over his right eyebrow.
He looked so good that I thought my mouth was watering. I looked up into his eyes and saw he was smirking, as if he knew exactly what I was thinking.
I smirked back and sat on his lap, sideways so I could wind my arms around his neck after putting my drink on the table in front of me.
“Hey, gorgeous.” He greeted, kissing me quickly. Then he took my chin and turned my head to the side so he could get a closer look at the piercing in my eyebrow. He grinned into my eyes. “That looks fucking awesome. I love it.”
“Thanks, baby.” I smiled and kissed him back before turning when Emma called my name.
“Here, talk to Haylie, tell her what’s going on.” She ordered, passing me her phone.
I frowned at her. “Why don’t you?”
“Because I don’t want to.” She said with a shrug.
I rolled my eyes and took the phone from her. “What’s up, Hayles?”
“Nothing, I hear everyone’s going out tonight.”
“Yeah, we’re heading over to Peak with the boys.” I told her, reaching over to pick up my drink. “You and Mandy should come.”
She sighed. “We should, but…well, I don’t know if Mandy can go but I’m grounded.”
I choked on my drink and coughed. “You’re fucking what?”
“Grounded.” She snapped. “I’m grounded.”
“What the hell did you do, Haylie?” I asked, biting back a laugh.
“Skipped the day.” She admitted and I laughed at her.
“You’re grounded because you skipped a day? You skipped the last day of school? Are you an idiot?”
Emma and Jen laughed from the other side of the room.
“Sucker!” Jen screamed.
“Not really because I skipped, it’s more because of how I was caught.”
“What happened?”
“Okay, so my parents were gone all week, right? And I wasn’t expecting them back until later tonight so I invited Billy over to my house to watch movies and chill out.” She cleared her throat before continuing. “And we kinda started fooling around and one thing lead to another and…”
I was incredulous. “With Billy Thomas? Captain of the football team Billy Thomas?”
“As in.” She sighed. “He’s a really good kisser, though, and those hands – “
“Okay, way too much info.” I closed my eyes against the image she had given me. “So you got caught doing the dirty with Billy on your living room couch and are now grounded.”
“What?” Jen screamed in shock.
“Billy fucking Thomas?” Emma was in much the same state. “Is she insane?”
“Good job, Haylie.” I said sarcastically. “I’m really proud of you for that.”
“Shut-up.” She sighed. “But you can call Mandy to see if she wants to go. But I think she’s probably in trouble, too, seeing as she lied to the school for me.”
I puffed out a laugh and took another drink before saying, “You guys are fucking dumb.”
“I know. So have fun tonight, okay? And give Syn a good one for me.”
I smiled at him. “I will. Bye, babe.”
I hung up and tossed the phone back to Jen.
“Was she drunk?” Jen asked. “I mean, the guy isn’t even remotely good looking.”
Em smacked her in the arm. “Hey, you be nice.”
Jen rolled her eyes.
“Let me just say all four of you ladies are looking mighty fine tonight.” Jimmy said, giving each of us his seductive look before he pointed his finger at me. “And the piercing looks fucking hot, Katie.”
I smiled. “Thanks, Rev.”
“So are you guys ready to find out how the girls do it?” Jen asked.
“I’ve been waiting for this all day.” Brian remarked, sliding his arms around my waist to pull me close enough to rest his chin on my shoulder.
“We’ve seen you girls party, though.” Zacky insisted.
Emma smirked at him. “No, you haven’t.”
“You’ve seen us at other bars, but you haven’t seen us at Peak.” I said.
“I have.” Brian murmured into my ear before kissing the side of my neck.
I turned to look at him with narrowed eyes. “Save that for later, mister.”
He growled and I laughed before turning back to the others.
“So you act differently at different bars?” Matt was confused.
“Something like that, yeah.” Emma explained with a shrug. “We’ve been going to Peak ever since we got our fake ID’s, so for about two years.”
“So you’ve been going there since you were sixteen.” Brian said in a shocked voice. “Could they not tell that you were obviously not legal?”
I shrugged. “Yeah, but the bouncer knows us. Bobby’s Mandy’s cousin, he lets us go in as long as we don’t get into any trouble.”
“He’s a good man.” Jen said with a nod.
“Well, let’s go then.” Zacky said, holding Emma’s hips while she stood and getting up behind her.