Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

41

I finished my beer and got up, waiting for Brian. He pulled his leather jacket on and rolled the cuffs up once before grabbing my hand, linking our fingers together as we walked up the stairs to follow the others outside.
“Are you staying with me tonight?” He asked as I waited with him while he locked the door.
I nodded. “My stuff’s in the car.”
He smiled and kissed my forehead before we were off, climbing into Jimmy’s van.
Jimmy had obviously volunteered to be the designated driver for the night, though I had no idea how we planned on getting everyone in there. Johnny took the front passenger seat and the two side seats were taken by Matt and Val on one, and Jen took the other. Zacky, Emma, Brian, and I took the long bench-seat in the back and it was tight, but more comfortable when Brian put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me in to lean my back against his chest.
“We need to request our song at some point.” Emma whispered into my ear.
I frowned at her, not knowing what she was talking about. “What song?”
She looked at me blankly and Jen turned around to hit my knee really hard.
“Ow!” I glared at her. “What the shit, Jen?”
“You know, the song.” She hissed.
I stared at her before it clicked and I laughed. “Right, that song. We definitely need to.”
“What song?” Brian asked at the same time that Zacky accused us of keeping secrets, saying it wasn’t allowed.
“It’s not a secret, it’s a surprise.” Emma told him, patting his leg. “And you’ll find out later.”
He huffed, but left it alone.
We got there and Jimmy parked before we all got out and Brian stood in the opening to grab my hand and help me down.
I smiled at him but was pulled away by Emma linking her arm through mine. I looked back to see Jen was walking with Val the same way, and the guys were right behind us, talking about something quietly.
“There’s Bobby.” Emma said and I turned back to smile.
Bobby was your typical bouncer: tall and built like a wrestler, he had a no-nonsense air about him. He looked rather scary, actually. But we knew him really well and underneath all the gruff attitude and muscle was a huge sweetheart.
He looked out way, then did a double take before grinning.
“Well, well, well,” He drawled, crossing his arms. “Look whose decided to pay me a visit.” His voice was really deep and rough, matching the body.
I smiled at him and Emma said, “How’s it going, Bobby?”
“Good, even better now that you’re here.” He looked at me and nodded. “Like the hair, Katie. It’s hot.”
I laughed. “Thanks.”
“Where’s Blondie?” He asked, referring to Jen.
“Here I am.” She stepped up beside me and said, “And this is our friend, Val.”
He nodded and smiled charmingly at her before looking at the guys. He narrowed his eyes at them before he looked shocked.
“Avenged Sevenfold? I’ll be damned.” He grinned at me. “I’ve said it before, and now I know it’s true. You girls are full of surprises.”
The guys shook his hand before Bobby turned to us.
“You beauties have your ID’s ready?” He asked with a wink, even though we knew that he knew the three of us were underage.
“Okay, head on in. The stage is waiting for you.” He informed us with a wicked grin.
“What’s this about a stage?” Brian asked and I turned to smirk at him, but never answered.
“Okay, you guys get the tables and we’ll get the first round.” Emma ordered, pulling me off to the bar.
We got five beers for the guys and for us girls we got tequila, four shots each. We set them down on the table and passed them around before grabbing the shots. Val grinned at me and we nodded at each other before knocking them back one by one.
Brian was looking at me with a shocked expression and I smirked before being pulled away from the table by Val and to the middle of the dance floor.