Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

51

( Don't hate the christmas thing. Its 100% true. )

He looked shocked at this. "Why?'
I sighed and shook my head. "I don't really hate it, it's just…it’s hard."
"Because of your dad?"
I nodded. "Yeah, he's part of it. Ever since my mom died, I'd wake up Christmas morning and find my dad passed out on the couch, or in his room. It happened when my sister was around, too, but it’s been even worse since she left."
"So you're alone on Christmas?"
I nodded. "Usually. I could have gone to Emma's or Jen's and been with their families, but I always felt like such a burden, you know? Like I was a charity case or something." I blew out a breath. "Dad usually wakes up around mid-afternoon, anyway, so I wasn't alone the whole time."
He sighed I frustration and kissed my forehead.
"It's just…hard because Christmas was so fun when I was younger, with my mom and dad and sister…my family." I stared getting choked up and more tears slid down my cheeks as my voice broke. "But now I don't have anyone, Brian. I don't have a f-family – "
"Ssh, ssh." Brian pulled me into his arms, holding me tight against him and rocked me back and forth. "Baby, it’s okay. You’re not alone, you know that. The guys and Emma and Val, they're your family. And I'm your family; I'd do anything to see you happy, Katie. And my family is your family, too, so this year, you're coming to my house for Christmas."
"Brian, I – "
"You are, Katie. My mom wanted me to ask you over, anyway."
I nodded, resigned, and held him tighter as he continued to rock me from side to side, murmuring into my ear. I opened my eyes and saw that the others were watching in sympathy and concern, and I wondered if they heard what I had said to him.
"Christmas is going to be good this year, you know why?' Brian asked with a smile, pulling back to wipe the tears from my cheeks with his thumb.
"No, why?"
"Because you, gorgeous girl, have a hot boyfriend who will do whatever it takes to make you happy. And that includes…" He reached behind him and placed something over my head.
Looking up, I burst into laughter.
"Brian, you brought mistletoe to the beach?"
He nodded and tipped my chin up to his. "Yep, now where's my kiss?"
I grinned at him. "What makes you think you're getting one?"
He frowned. "The mistletoe does."
I laughed and pulled away from him, jumping to me feet as I taunted, "You'll just have to catch me first!"
And then I took off, running down the beach as fast as I could as the guys laughed and Em and Val cheered me on. I looked behind to see Brian was catching up with a determined smirk on his face and that bloody strip of mistletoe in his hand. I squealed and tried to go faster, but he caught me and tackled me to the sand, pinning my arms above my head as he rested his body on top of me.
"Now you have to kiss me." He panted.
"Says who?"
"Me, and the mistletoe." He said, pulling one hand back to dangle it in front of my face.
"Maybe I don't want to."
He smirked. "Baby, you know you want to kiss me."
"And why is that?"
"Because I'm Synyster fucking Gates."
I laughed loudly before I decided to give in. Taking his face in between my hands, I pulled his head down and pressed my lips to his in a kiss that was passionate and expressed exactly how I felt for him without uttering a word.
I love you, Brian Haner Jr.
♠ ♠ ♠
yuppp. I'm on a roll biotch