Status: happily completed.

Forgetting Bee

volcanoes;

It wasn’t till the following week that Scott finally got his cast off. He was more than relieved as he didn’t have to rely on those blasted crutches again. Bee got in the driver’s seat as they got prepared to leave the hospital parking lot.

As Scott got in, closing his own door, he glanced at Bee. “Can I ask you something?” he asked her gently. Bee turned her head towards him, and searched his face. He had a secret or something, he always had that look of mystery whenever she didn’t know something and he did.

His eyes lit up. That’s what the sign was.

His eyes lit up and she knew she’d have to ask to know what it was.

“Yeah?” she said, unsure slightly.

“I want to know more about us.” He said, half smiling. Bee’s heart began to race with anticipation.

“Let’s go for a drive then.” She replied simply, as if that was the answer and started the car and they drove away. No one spoke, and it wasn’t till he realized they weren’t going home that he spoke up.

“Where are we going?” he asked, as he leaned in his chair, his arm propped up on the windowsill. Bee turned to him and said:

“You want to know about us right?” Scott nodded and shifted in his seat. Bee turned her attention back to the road and the grip on the steering wheel tightened in determination.

“Then you’re going to find out.” She murmured and Scott looked at her, her blonde hair tucked behind her ears and she was wearing earrings. He hadn’t seen her wear them before.

“When did you get them?” he asked, looking admiration of the diamond clustered earrings that were sitting on her ears.

Bee without looking at him replied, “Our first anniversary. It was all your summer money that wasn’t for college, and I was so mad at you when your sister told me. They must have been expensive and I refused to accept them…”

“What happened?” Scott asked bemused.

“We ended up fighting, and we didn’t speak for hours….in the end you turned up at my house and you told me that if I couldn’t accept what I deserved then I was to expect a lot more arguing.” Bee laughed and Scott smiled, it sounded like him to do that…right?

“So then we made up?” Scott presumed.

“Yeah, I couldn’t help feel bitchy…I loved those earrings and still do I just feel guilty because you spent you’re hard earned money on them…”

“But you obviously are worth it; they’re beautiful Bee…and need to be worn by a beautiful person.” Scott blurted out and he felt his stomach flutter. Bee blushed slightly and turned to him, that was the nicest thing he’d said to her since the accident.
When they got to their destination, memories did come back to Scott, but it didn’t occur Bee in them. They were at their very own high school, the one they met at.

“Preston High School” Scott murmured. Bee nodded and unbuckled her seat belt.

“It all started here” Bee sighed and got out the car, and Scott did the same. Bee locked up the car and they both walked to the front of the car and Bee automatically sat on the bonnet. Whereas Scott leaned against it, crossing his arms and looked at the impressive building in front of him. This was where he met his wife.

“You were best friend’s with Leo, who had a thing for my close friend…Phoebe.”

“Was Phoebe not your best friend?” Scott asked, glancing at her confused.

“Phoebe left about two months after we got together. I never really had a chance to become best friends with her. She was totally different to me too. So wild and crazy…” Bee said sadly. She’d wished she could have had a best friend like Phoebe.

“So, who became your best friend…did you have one?” Scott asked softly. Bee looked at him carefully.

“We started dating when I was fifteen and through the process….you became my best friend.” She said finally and Scott paused.

“Seriously?” he said surprised. He didn’t think he’d have such a title.

“Yep. You’re my best friend Scott as well as my husband, my lover and soul-mate.” Bee said confidently and Scott gulped. He wasn’t sure how to react or even respond. He desperately wished he could say the words back to her, or even more. But the truth was yes, he did like Bee now, he had got used to being with her again….and yes maybe some of those old feelings had returned. He was confused and he didn’t know what to do with anything. He had forgotten their whole life together, how was he going to remember what he had felt for her in the past?

“You have no idea how hard I try and remember our life. I wish just a bit of it would come back, just so I can remember anything and tell you that I love you too. Just so I don’t have to see the pain on your face every time we talk about this type of stuff. Bee, I desperately wish I could remember our life together. I want to fall in love with you again and make our lives again. I can’t do it though. I can’t remember a thing.” Scott said sadly, looking at Bee. She had tears in her eyes and a few rolled down her cheeks. Scott quickly faced her and apologized for what he had just said.

“No, it’s fine.” Bee mumbled, wiping her cheeks. Scott reached up and stroked his thumb on tender cheek and wiped away another stray tear. Her face was warm, his hand was warmer though. He could feel her lean into his hand and he found himself cupping her face and forcing her to look at him.

“I’m so sorry.” He said sincerely, and Bee knew that it wasn’t just an apology about his feelings, blunt as they were. It was an apology for everything.

“I want to go back in time, to where we were happy. Where you loved me.” She sniffled, and placed her hand over his. He kept his hand in place, and couldn’t apprehend why his stomach felt odd and why his heart and picked up a pace and why he just wanted to kiss her.

“I do too.” He murmured and before he knew it, he was leaning up to her, she was leaning down and she put her hand on his neck and brought him closer. She needed this, to feel his kiss again. He didn’t know what he was doing. He also knew he shouldn’t be doing this, not when he felt this confused.

Their lips almost met, as their noses touched, sending shivers down her spine. She slowly slid off the car and they stood facing one another, and he rearranges his hold, hugging her almost. His warm hands on his hips, her hands wrapped over his shoulders loosely.

“Kiss me” she whispered so quietly, he barely heard it. He knew he should have stopped then, not gone any further as he knew he’d regret it. He’d regret kissing her like this.
But he did, he finished the gap and their lips touched and he was amazed to discover an almost fire-like feeling went through him. His lips tingled as Bee kissed him softly, yet firmly. His whole body felt elated and he began to lose himself in her lips.

“Just a bit more…” he tried to reason with his conscious. Their lips seemed to fit together perfectly, as if they were molded together. He had to admit, he enjoyed this feeling of her lips against his. He enjoyed kissing her.

“A bit longer.” He thought, and he tightened his grip on her and it was like magic when his lips parted and he touched her bottom lip with his tongue. It seemed an unspoken code and her mouth parted and he felt his tongue enter, and her tongue dance around his. It was a remarkable feeling.

Passion fizzed between them and he wanted nothing but to take her there and then, but it was wrong. He felt his hormones hype up and his brain seem to lose control as his body wanted to feel her naked body against his.
At that alarming thought of losing control of himself….Scott quickly pulled back, releasing her from his grasped and stepped back a decent step.
“Shit” he cursed, looking at her panicked. He ran a hand through his hair and scratched his skull.

“It was a mistake.” Bee’s voice said suddenly. Scott looked up frantically and stared at her.
“What?” he asked confused.
“Whenever you regret something or you think you’ve done something wrong….you run your hand through hair and scratches your head and glance at the floor all the time.” Bee explained, and Scott looked at her, and felt like he was bare naked in front of her.
She knew everything about him. Yet he knew nothing of her. Did he?
“I’m sorry I can’t do-“ Scott began and Bee shrugged and walked to the driver’s seat.
“Get in, we’re going home.” She ordered, and got in the car herself. Glancing over his shoulder to see the entrance of his school again. He felt ashamed as he got in the car and they silently drove home. This was a disaster. They shouldn’t have gone there.
But would it have prevented anything? Scott had to disagree.
--
“Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck” Scott chanted, as he rocked back and forth on his heels and gripping his hair. He felt so confused and angry with himself and Bee. He didn’t understand. His head was hurting as he forced himself to try and remember.

“FUCK!” Scott cursed loudly and in a burst of anger and hormone, released his hands from his hair and swung his right hand around quickly and connected it with the bedroom wall.
“You stupid son of a bitch, you stupid idiot, you moron, you fucking bastard!” Scott told himself off, as he felt his heart rate increase suddenly. He needed to hit himself, or hurt himself or do something to get this out.

“Why did you kiss her?” Scott shouts, and walked up and down again, pacing. His hand was badly bruised, but thankfully the hit hadn’t drawn blood, nor did the bones feel broken, but it still hurt badly.

“Remember Bee. Remember my wife. I love my wife…I don’t love my-“ Scott froze as he saw Bee suddenly by the doorway. She was meant to be out shopping….unless time had escaped him quicker then he thought.

“What you doing back?” Scott asked suddenly, shocked. Bee stared hardly at him. She looked angry and upset, and it was expectant.

“What are you trying to convince yourself of?” she replied and she left him frozen, staring at where she was standing, and went into the kitchen. Scott and Bee didn’t talk for the next couple of days, in fact it soon calculated up to a week.

The longest they’d ever gone without talking. The tension was brewing between them as they silently lived side by side, Bee was beginning to resent as what her husband had become and Scott was becoming envious of the life that Bee could remember. It was like living within a volcano, each day that went by, more was added. Scott grew angrier with himself and in a way with Bee, he needed someone to blame. Whereas Bee began to get more hurt by the fact Scott didn’t love her or even remember her properly. She was beginning to think that maybe it would be best to get out while she could, before their volcano erupted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter, it's difficult to try and write down what Scott would really feel but I hope you can put yourself in his shoes. I have some good stuff coming up. I'd really love to hear some comments off you all :)

Thanks <3