Status: happily completed.

Forgetting Bee

fresh beginnings;

It was a Sunday morning, around eleven o’ clock and they were sitting there, under the tree in St. Jude’s Park. This was the seventh time they’d been here since they started dating. It was nice and cool but the warm sun was softly gazing down on them.
The young, seventeen year old Scott was sitting with his back against the trunk of the old oak tree, while he watched his girlfriend of only a couple of months was grinning crazily. She was so infectious, so incredibly beautiful and kind hearted. He wondered why he hadn’t asked her out sooner.
“Bee, come here!” Scott called for her, and Bee giggled and danced over to him, and kneeled down in front of him, she looked so cute in her floral summer dress. Her blonde hair was in natural waves and danced around her face every time she moved.
“What’s up grumpy pants?” Bee asked teasingly, and Scott realized he was frowning. He was thinking too much.
“Nothing, I was just thinking about stuff” he said casually and he loosely reached up around her waist and tugged her closer, she got the message and swiftly turned around and sat between his legs, and her back against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her torso and she placed her arms in the same position over his. He kissed her temple, and nuzzled her hair. Both of them watched the world go by, not even talking as no words needed to be said.
“You know something?” Bee said aloud, and Scott indicated he was listening.
“I think I’m going to fall in love with you.” She admitted, and smiled at him widely. Scott looked at her and smiled softly, and pecked her cheek.
“That’s the plan Beth” he said sincerely. She giggled and leaned back a bit more, sighing with contentment.
“Scott, can we stay here for forever, and not go back to school or work or home…just stay here?” Bee said, knowing it was impossible but she was glad she could be honest with Scott about these things.
“One day we will. We’ll come back here and sit here for the whole day, just like today.” Scott promised her. Bee smiled widely, that was good enough for her.


“So how’ve you been?” Emma asked the silent couple that sat tensely in front of her. Bee refused to look at her and glared out the window, arms crossed and Scott was staring at the floor directly. Emma glanced between them and wondered what could have gone on. “Is everything okay?” Emma asked timidly. Scott huffed slightly.

“No doctor, it’s not. I don’t want to be here. Can I go?” Scott spat at her. Bee rolled her eyes but she too wanted to leave.

“Is there anything you’d like to talk about?” Emma asked hopefully. Scott suddenly stood up and stared hardly at Emma.

“Stop interfering with everything! You’re not even a real doctor!” Scott snapped irritably and then swiftly walked out the room.

“I’ll call to arrange another appointment then.” Emma said to Bee who nodded silently, and walked out also. Emma sighed as they both left.

“They’re the perfect couple.” She mumbles, writing down some notes and then clicked her pen closed.
--
“You know at some point, we’re going to have to communicate.” Scott said finally, he was sick of the silence in the flat.

Bee continued to dry up the dishes. She was meant to be at work but for some reason she couldn’t do it. She couldn’t face leaving him again; despite she knew she shouldn’t be around him. Her business was doing okay, her friend Lana was holding down the fort, along with the apprentice Judy. Bee had this secret fear that if she was to leave the apartment, that when she returned Scott would have left altogether. That was too much to bear.

“If only I remembered how stubborn you were.” Scott muttered, and left the kitchen and got half way across the living room when his conscious suddenly stepped in. He groaned silently as he knew he had to make things right.

“Fuck it.” He hissed, and marched back to the kitchen doorway when he had just been hovering by.

“Fine, you win!” Scott snapped, almost losing the will to live with all this silence.

“I give up. You win, I’m sorry okay?” Scott said, slightly calmer but he still didn’t get a response. Bee continued to put the dishes away.

“Bee please for god sake, talk to me!” Scott begged and bravely stepped into the kitchen. Bee stopped what she was doing. Scott took this as a good sign.

“I’m sorry okay? I was confused and everything. I wanted to kiss you but I felt like I was betraying myself. My feelings are completely fucked up and I don’t know what I’m doing anymore. Please Bee, just talk to me….please because I’m so fucking scared.” Scott blurted out desperately, his whole armor that he had built up the pass week broke down and she finally let him in. Bee slowly turned around, tears were in both their eyes. Scott can’t remember ever crying like this.

“Are you crying?” she asked in disbelief, and stepped closer. Scott nodded, feeling ashamed and wiped his eyes furiously.

“I’m so scared.” He admitted, and Bee’s expression softened. He was scared, it was true she could see the worry lines sketched on his face.

“I’m sorry too.” Bee murmured, and Scott smiled slightly, but it was a sad smile. Scott walked slightly closer and they were now facing each other.

“I want to remember you.” He told her, she nodded.

“I can’t though. It’s like…I’m blocked from any memory of you.” He added sadly. She nodded again.

“But…if you’ll let me. I want to create new memories with you.” He said, and she nodded, and stepped closer, and hugged him tightly.

“New sounds good.” She murmured into his chest as he was much taller than her. He hugged her tightly back and held her there for a long time.

“Thanks Bee.” He mumbled and she couldn’t help but smile. The volcano eruption had been a dud, it was okay….for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wish I could create a film easily, then this would be so much better. I could cast the actors, and the scenery and it would all just fall into place. It's hard to find words to match what's in you're head.

Comments for support? :)