Status: happily completed.

Forgetting Bee

nobody's wife;

Bee was peeling potatoes. It was Saturday night, and it had been almost four weeks since the news of her husband been hospitalized, and he still hadn’t woken up. Bee was not losing faith in fact her determination grew stronger. She wasn’t going to give up, ever.
It was then, when her phone rang out noisily, disturbing Bee’s little routine of peeling the potatoes. Quickly, she dropped the peeler, and rubbed her hands on the cloth, and anxiously leaped the phone which was mounted on the wall of their two bedrooms flat.

“Hello?” Bee said almost breathlessly into the phone. She was never one for physical exercise.
“Is Mrs Sawyer there?” a voice which Bee had come to recognise over the past four weeks. It was Dr Roberts, Scott’s doctor.
“Speaking…” Bee replied, biting her lip, a habit that never died in her childhood. Bee shifted her feet, as she waited the news as to what Dr Roberts had called her for.
“I’m calling to inform you that Scott Sawyers has just woken up. His sister, Casey was with him.” Dr Roberts said calmly, Bee wondered how he always remained so calm in such a stressful, demanding job. Bee’s smile was wide, wide and genuine.

“That’s brilliant! I’ll be right down-” Bee rambled excitedly, she couldn’t wait to see Scott, to kiss him and tell him she was sorry for everything that he’d been through. She couldn’t wait to be with her husband again.
“-Mrs Sawyer-“ Dr Roberts interrupted politely. Bee stopped suddenly.
“Is there a problem?” Bee asked anxiously.
“I shall explain in further detail when you arrive, I don’t think it’s best we discuss this on the telephone.” Dr Roberts said, softly. Bee nodded, despite him not even being present.
“Okay.” Bee said faintly, her stomach churned slightly. She hung up the phone, and turned off the hob, abandoning the preparation food she had just done, and grabbed her coat, swiftly throwing it on, as she grabbed her car keys. Without any hesitation, left her flat, only remembering to lock it when she got half way down the steps, she quickly sprinted back up, locking the door then raced back down again.
--
“Where is he?” Bee demanded as she stormed into the correct ward her husband was situated in, and has been for the past month. Nurses and some patients that were walking down the corridor looked at Bee oddly, but Bee, uncaringly went forward to the reception, demanding to see Dr Roberts.
“Mrs Sawyers, would you like to follow me?” Dr Robert’s calm, slightly patronising voice called to her. Bee spun around, and almost ran after him. Her hands were shaking, and her heart suddenly jumped.
“What’s wrong with him? Is he okay?” Bee asked speedily, as she followed Dr Robert’s large strides, rushing to keep up with him.
“Mrs Sawyers, your husband has just awaked from a severe coma, and when we did the tests when he first arrived it was clear he had severe head injury. As you know, we did emergency surgery on him.-” Dr Roberts began.
“Doctor Roberts? What is wrong with him?” Bee snapped impatiently. She couldn’t await this suspense any longer.
“We’ve discovered that your husband, Scott has retrograde amnesia…it’s unfortunate that he seems to have forgotten certain areas of his life.” Dr Roberts said cautiously, as he watched Bee’s face flicker grand disappointment and despair.
“Amnesia?” Bee repeated, in disbelief.
“Yes. It has been confirmed” Dr Roberts replied.
“How do you know? What’s he forgotten?” Bee snapped, she was desperate to see him.

That’s all she wanted, she just wanted to see her husband.
“It’s apparent, he has forgotten he has a wife.” Dr Roberts said gently, carefully. That’s when Bee fainted, and Dr Roberts quickly caught her.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment?