‹ Prequel: The Darkness Within
Status: Working on chapters!

Calling Me as You Fade to Black

Nine: "Cause You Feed Me Fables From Your hand"

I closed my eyes and took an uneasy breath. I slipped my ring from Draco off my left ring finger. I put it on my bed side table and gained the courage to walk away from it.

I passed students just as dressed up as me as we all headed to the Great Hall. I reached the end of the staircase and I saw Harry waiting there for me. I smiled at him and he smiled back with those green eyes of his. He held out his hand and I took it. It made me wonder what it would have been like to go with him to the Yule Ball instead of going with Draco.

I walked into the room that was supposed to be hers. She wasn’t in her room though. I knew what was going on tonight. My pale fingers touched the bedding knowing that she had slept there. Knowing I was so close to her made me anxious. I stared at my gloomy expression through the mirror and felt horrible. I walked back into her room and saw the picture of her and Snape. I wondered why there were no pictures of us. I began to walk away from the bed side table when something caught my eye. Next to the picture frame laid the Emerald ring. She wasn’t wearing it. I could feel myself getting angry. I picked up the picture frame and tapped it with my wand so it would rotate to the next picture. The next picture revealed her, Potter, and that filthy Mudblood her which looked like it was more of recent picture. She had definitely grown up. Toned legs like usually but they looked even sexier in professional clothing. I slammed the picture frame onto the floor and hastily left the room. I was going to find her even though I was instructed not to.

I sat down at one of the tables in the Great Hall watching Hermione and Harry dance for a song. I took a drink of pumpkin juice and laughed at Harry being obnoxious and Hermione begging him to stop.

Hermione stopped laughing as she looked at the open doors of the Great Hall. I looked at her face and then turned in my seat to see what she was seeing but no one was there besides a few late students. I shrugged and she joined me at the table. She looked like she had something to say but she didn’t say anything. Harry held out his hand for me to dance with him so I set down my drink and followed him to the dance floor.

I felt goose bumps arise as harry put his hand on my waist. I couldn’t explain why but it felt different. He had never touched me there with more meaning than to help me get out of a bad situation during our adventures at Hogwarts. This time he wasn’t being a bad dancer and we went spinning around the floor. He stuck his tongue out at me and I laughed out loud at his silliness.

When the music stopped we caught ourselves accidently still dancing. We heard a small crash out in the hallway. Hermione piped up,” I’ll check on it.”

I disagreed,” No Hermione, I’ll check because I bet you anything its one of my Slytherins.”

Harry removed his hand from my waist as I strode to the doors. I grabbed out my wand ready to repair whatever fell from students messing around. I put a stern look on my face to make the kids think I wasn’t fooling around. I turned the corner to the stairs and I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I heard the music start again but I could hear my heart beating faster than before. My blue eyes widened at the sight of Draco standing at the bottom of the stairs. I abruptly stopped walking. I blinked a few times to make sure my eyes were fooling me, like they had done a few times, years ago.

He opened his mouth to speak,” What are you doing dancing with Potter?”

I was overcome with emotions, anger, sadness, happiness, and more anger. I gritted my teeth together and walked angrily over to him. I felt my start to shake as I outstretched my hand and slapped him hard across the face. His cheek was instantly red and my hand had left a hand print. The slap had echoed through the room like that was the hardest slap in history.

I took a few steps back and fell to the ground with a sob. I heard footsteps coming out of the Great Hall. Through my cloudy eyes I could see Draco taken back by my slap. But he still started walking over to me. Harry yelled,” No way Malfoy. You stay away from her!”

Draco yelled back,” You stay away Potter! You’re trying to steal her from me!”

Hermione proclaimed,” Says the one who has been gone for two years and has caused her
emotional problems!”

Draco growled,” You have no say in this, Mudblood!”

Professor McGonagall stepped out of the great Hall and stated,” Mister Malfoy, we had an agreement that you would stop using that horrible word if you want to work here as Potions master.”

I was starting to get up but when I heard that he was going to be working here, everything faded to blackness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Draco's back!! I personally liked writing this chapter! So please comment on what you think! Love the way you lie part 2 was my inspiration while writing Dracos comeback. To me, it kind of expresses the way Locklyn views Draco. The writing in italic in this chapter is Draco's pov but i didnt want to give him away right at first.

Locklyn's Dress
Hermione's Dress
Locklyns shoes
Locklyns hairstyle for ball
Locklyns makeup for ball