And All Things Will End

Three

Four days passed by and Erika had not spoken to Matt at all. He' called and texted her numerous times telling her that he loved her and how sorry he was. In one message, he even promised he'd go to some sort of therapy. As promising as that sounded, Erika wasn't ready. She kept seeing his eyes that morning when he beat her. He was not the man she loved that morning, and she wasn't entirely sure she'd ever see him again.

She was sitting on the bed in Leana's spare room thinking about things when a light tapping on the door pulled her from her thoughts.

"Yeah?" she called out.

"Erika, it's Jimmy. Can I come in?"

Straightening her shirt and checking her face in the mirror above the dresser, she made her way to the door, unlocking it, then opening it.

"Hi Jim" she said in a low voice, allowing the tall man to come inside.

Noticing she wasn't looking up at him, Jimmy lifted Erika's chin and inspected her face, then shook his head.

"I can't believe he did this to you." he sighed.

"Who told you?" Erika hissed.

"He did. He told us all." Jimmy answered, sitting down on the bed. "The rest of the guys are out in the living room."

"I'm surprised he told you all." Erika said, somewhat shocked as she sat down beside Jimmy.

"Yeah, it wasn't pleasant when he told us, but at least he did. He said he needs our help. He's willing to do anything to make it right." Jimmy continued.

"I'm not sure he can Jimmy. He did the unthinkable. I'm healing now, but what you see on my face isn't even the half of it. My entire body is covered in bruises." she said, lifting her shirt a little to show him her stomach before standing up and turning around so he could see her lower back. "He slapped, punched, and even kicked me Jimmy."

Jimmy gasped, not sure he believed what he was seeing. His mind went blank. Unable to speak, he got up and pulled Erika into his arms and hugged her gently.

"I'm sorry." he murmured, almost in tears.

"It's not your fault. Matt has major jealousy issues. This is his fault for jumping to conclusions, no one else's." Erika said, pulling out of the hug and motioning to her battered body.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him!" Brian and Zacky's voices sounded from the doorway in unison before stepping into the bedroom.

"That's hardly going to solve anything." Erika said, somewhat flattered that the guys were ready to kill their lead singer for her.

"No, but it sure as fuck would feel good to give him a good punch in the fucking face!" Johnny's voice rang out as he came in behind Brian and Zacky.

"As much as I appreciate the fact that you guys are willing to hurt Matt for me, don't. What he needs is some tough love and some sort of therapy." Erika said, sitting back down on the bed as the guys came in and sat on the floor around her.

"He's never done anything like this." Brian said, clearly disgusted.

"Not that we know of dude." Zacky said. "We never really found out what happened with him and Val. It's a possibility he hit her too."

"I happened guys. He met me." Erika cut in.

"No, something else was going on before you Erika. Meeting you, just sealed the deal so to speak." Jimmy said.

"Why don't we just ask her?" Johnny shrugged.

"Yeah, I can see it now. Hey Val, why did you and Matt really break up?" Zacky said, rolling his eyes.

"It's an idea!" Johnny retorted.

"It's a good idea." Leana said from the doorway. "I'll call her."

"I don't know about this. What if she tells Matt and just makes things worse?" Erika asked, eyes wide with fear.

"She won't. Trust me." Leana smiled, disappearing from the doorway.

"Guys, I really don't like this." Erika stammered.

"Neither do I. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel if it turns out my best friend has been a fucking woman beating pussy since day one!" Brian growled, getting up and storming out of the bedroom.

"This is why I didn't want you all to know." Erika said, tears falling down her cheeks.

"Do you really think we wouldn't have found out eventually? Leana wouldn't have been able to keep quiet for long." Jimmy said, wrapping his arms around her.

"James Owen! I have you know that I'm very good at keeping secrets." Leana spat, coming back into the bedroom.

"Not with this cupcake. I know it." he retorted.

"Ok. Maybe you're right." Leana nodded. "Anyway, Val's on her way over here. I told her we all need to talk to her about something involving Matt. I think maybe she thinks it has to do with his birthday."

"And why would she think that?" Zacky asked.

"Because I may have implied that was a possibility." Leana grinned. "Besides, I figured it would be better for her to see you Erika, instead of asking her if Matt had ever hit her. She can lie on the phone, but not in person. You all know how her eye twitches when she lies."

"Anybody that ever said you weren't smart should really suck a cock." Jimmy smiled, patting the bed for Leana to come sit on the other side of him.

"Where'd Brian go by the way?" Leana asked as she leaned against Jimmy.

"He's not in the living room?" Johnny asked.

"No, he left. Said he had something to do." she answered.

"Oh God! He's going after Matt!" Erika exclaimed, jumping up from the bed. "Somebody has to stop him!"

"We're on it!" Zacky exclaimed, pulling Johnny up and head out the door.

Meanwhile at Matt's...

"Open the door motherfucker! I know you're home!" Brian yelled as he pounded on the singer's front door.

"Goddamn dude! What the fu..." was all Matt got out of his mouth as a closed fist popped him square in the face as he opened the door.

"You said you slapped her a few times! You fucking lied! You fucking beat the living shit outta her!" Brian screamed as he continued his assault on any part of Matt's body he cold connect with.

Matt didn't even attempt to defend himself. He let Brian beat him until he wore himself out. He knew after he told them they would probably end up at Leana's, but he hadn't cared. He deserved every punch Brian was throwing.

When Brian finally stopped throwing punches and kicks, he fell against the wall and slid down to the floor, pulling his knees up and resting his elbows on them. Matt did the same, sitting across from him.

"You're lucky I got tired motherfucker." Brian said, trying to catch his breath. Matt said nothing, just looked at the floor.

"You fucked her up good dude. She looks like fucking hamburger. What the fuck is wrong with you Matt?" Brian asked, still gasping for air as Zacky and Johnny came running through the open door.

"I don't know Bri." Matt said, shaking his head.

"Goddamn Brian, you really worked him over." Zacky said, standing over Matt.

"You guys here to fuck me up too? If so, go ahead. I'm not gonna fight back." Matt sighed, wiping his bloody lip with the back of his hand.

"Yanno, I thought I wanted to, but now I just want you out of my sight." Johnny spoke up, shaking his head before heading toward the door. "I'll be in the car."

Zacky shook his head, then took a seat on the floor beside Brian, then started at Matt until he finally looked at him.

"You lied to us dude. Those bruises weren't just from a few slaps." Zacky sneered. "She's covered in bruises. You can see your fucking hand prints on her throat and around her wrists! What the fuck were you thinking?!"

Matt just sat there shaking his head unable to speak.

"She could've called the cops on you. Hell, she still could. She fucking loves you, you fuck." Brian said, finally breathing normally.

"I lost it ok!" Matt exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. "I heard her on the phone telling that faggot Gabriel that she loved him! The next thing I know, I had her pinned against the fucking wall! I don't remember much else after that until I left the house that morning."

"No excuse dude. You don't hurt the people you loved, let alone beat on women." Brian scoffed.

"You're right. I don't know what to do. I need help I think. Will you guys help me?" Matt asked, sincerity in his voice.

"The kind of help you need isn't something we can give. But we, I can help you find a therapist or something that can." Zacky said, looking at Matt, then to Brian.

"Me too. And if by some fucking miracle, Erika takes you back after this and you fuck up again, I'm coming with back up to fuck your ass up. We clear?" Brian said firmly.

"Crystal." Matt answered as they all stood up.

"You better put some ice on your face." Brian said, as he headed toward the door. "And another thing. Just because I agreed to support you doesn't mean I'm on your side. You're like a brother to me man, but what you did, it's not gonna fix itself overnight. Not with me and I know not with Erika."

"Same here dude." Zacky said, patting Brian on the back.

"I know." Matt said, running his hand over his head. "Guys. I won't let you down."

"Better not." Brian said as he and Zacky walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure how I feel about the end to this chapter, but oh well. lol