Status: New.

Falling in Reverse

Chapter 16

I sat in the booth quietly, sipping on my lemonade as I slowly scrolled through my phone, minding my own business. My mind was too preoccupied to hear the sound of boots walking down the aisle.

I glanced up, immediately averting my eyes as the green orbs starred down at me. A small sigh managed to leave my lips as he slid in, sitting directly across from me. I didn't have time to even question him before a waitress flittered over, taking his order.

As soon as she began making her way towards the counter, he propped his elbows on the table, leaning towards me.

"I'm sorry."

The apology fell flat, not another single sound coming from either of us. My tongue darted out, running over my dry cracked lips before I slowly nodded, finally accepting the words.

Seconds, minutes slowly began to crawl by. The silence was unnerving, causing my curiosity level to rise. So many questions were going through my head at a speed unrecognizable. However, before I even had the chance to speak them, the waitress came back with John's milkshake.

She slowly placed it on the table, John nodding in thanks before slowly taking the straw in between his lips. He leaned back, crossing his arms before smirking.

"Why are you.. sorry?" I inquired.

"I think by now you would know that."

"You didn't answer the question." I sighed.

"Well, for many reasons." He shrugged. "I'm sorry for somewhat taking advantage of Kennedy and fucking him. I'm sorry for trying to have my way with you. As you can see by now, I've had my share of mistakes."

"Who doesn't?"

He offered a tight lipped smile, nodding, "Exactly. I knew you would understand. Which is why I came to you first before Kennedy."

"Wait, you're going to apologize to him too?"

He nodded slowly. "That was the plan."

I couldn't help but feel as if I shouldn't want him to. That maybe I should be threatened by him. Especially since he was the one to being fucking Kennedy.

But then I froze.

Who am I to put a claim on Kennedy? Since when did he say we were together? Has there ever been a moment he complimented me without us being in the act?

Do I even have a right to get jealous? What do me and Kennedy even have? How did I even fall for such a foolish thing. I let him touch cause why? Just because I live with him? He was my brothers best friend? Since when does that allow someone the right to run their hands all over your body?

"Are you okay?"

I was snapped out of my thoughts, my gaze raising to meet John's bewildered facial expression. I slowly nodded, gnawing on my lip as I began rising to my feet.

"I just remembered, I have to help Vito set up merch!" I swallowed, rushing out the door, practically blinded by tears.

How could I have been so fucking stupid?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm extremely sorry it took so long!
D: