Prank Wars & Candy Stores

"And these words, they'll convince you."

Adele sat herself on the common room couch, waiting for George to come down. The meeting time wasn't that far off, she's just never late to meet. She's usually early to everything. She turned around in her seat as she heard footsteps on the steps.

Before she knew it, she was smiling at the sight of him.

"How long have you been waiting?" He asked, returning her smile.

"Not long," she said. "Your twin is not joining us?"

"A date doesn't work that way, sweetie," he said, chuckling.

"Oh, I know that. I was simply asking. I mean, this date was only to tell you two apart."

"Don't worry, you'll know that by the end of the evening."

"Alright George." Adele smirked. His eyes widened as he ran his hand in his flaming red hair. "Ready to go?" He nodded, leading her out of the portrait hole.

~*~

George literally had to push Adele through Hogsmeade, if only because she was in awe at all the buildings and stuff in the windows.

"Oh my," she said, staring around The Three Broomsticks, where George pushed her into.

"Was there nothing like this back in France?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.

"Nothing like this. There was no such thing as a butterbeer, or chocolate frogs." He led her to a small table, big enough to fit the two of them.

"Why don't we change that?" He asked and she nodded eagerly. George walked off, coming back mere minutes after leaving. As he sat down, she took a sip of the orange/brown liquid. She fell in love.

"This is wonderful," she exclaimed, taking another sip. She never expected it to taste so good.

"I thought you'd like it," he said. "Can I ask you a question, Adele?"

She nodded, half expecting a weird or bad question. "Why did you come to Hogwarts, if you've been in Beauxbatons for five years?"

Adele sighed slightly. "Beauxbatons got attacked late in the night by Death Eaters. Madam Maxime had to shut it down, to all our disappointment. Who knows if 'e-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has taken over. We never expected things to get so bad," she said, her accent showing slightly. One could tell she was scared. She never let her frightened emotions show to any person.

"I see," George said. "That is a scary thought to think about."

"Yes, and now my mama is still in France, just waiting to be attacked."

George stared at her incredulously, like he couldn't believe she just said that. He sighed once. She seemed so innocent, why did Voldemort want to attack France, when he wanted Harry? Maybe he was afraid getting Harry means getting him and all their friends too.

"Do not think that way, dear. Please. She'll be safe. If she was strong enough to let you go, she'll be strong enough to protect herself." That made Adele smile just a bit. It felt good to be comforted by someone who isn't her mother.

"My turn to ask a question," she said. He made a gesture that said 'ask away' and so she did. "Why are you and your twin such pranksters?"

"My whole family is serious, like you. We like to lighten the mood in these dark days to come."

"Then, make me happy."

"Dance with me," he said, standing up and holding out his hand to her. She took it gingerly as he lifted her to her feet. He led her to a small clearing of tables, flicking his wand to make music appear. He pulled her close to him, his hands on her hips. She put her arms around his neck.

"How'd you know I was George?" He asked, his eyes meeting hers.

"You have a scar right there," she said, softly pointing to his scar. He smiled.

~*~

Voldemort stepped into the dark and broken building. It seemed like no one had entered it in years, not even teachers, when in fact, he knew it had been in use the previous year. He flicked his pure white wand at a little lamp, igniting a small flame. He began walking towards the head table in the front, his black cape flowing behind him.

Beauxbatons never felt more at home to a group of villains. A school. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named never expected to drop so low as to take over a school. Not even his former school, a stupid French school.

“My lord, she escaped. Most of these wizards escaped. What was the point in this?” Lucius Malfoy said through his deep metallic silver Death Eater mask. He looked to the floor, as if feeling his offense of even looking at his master. His platinum hair fell over his shoulders.

“How dare you question me!” Lord Voldemort spat into his mask.

“I am truly sorry,” he said, never even trying to gaze up. Voldemort picked up his wand, threatening him as Lucius dropped to the floor out of fear.

“Just be patient and get me the stupid girl’s mother,” he said through clenched teeth. Malfoy nodded gently, scooping himself off the wooden floor and leaving. Voldemort stared out of the window behind the long table, wondering what in the world he was even thinking. How could this girl be the key to destroy Harry Potter?

All he knew was that her stupid dead sister had something to do with it.

~*~

George twirled her around and around in a little circle. He noticed the people of Hogsmeade just kept staring at them. He didn’t care. He just wanted to know what her deal was.

Adele smiled at him. She was happy for her new start at Hogwarts. It made such a difference in her.

“How did you know about the scar?” George asked, curiously, as he dipped her low to the ground.

“When the two of you looked at each other, I noticed it,” she said, her accent noticeably different than his.

“So, why even pity a date with a bloke like me?” he asked. The music stopped abruptly as George pulled her against him. Her breathing hitched for a moment before she looked away and grabbed his hand to sit back down. There was no more need to make a fool of herself anymore tonight.

Adele smirked a bit and replied simply with, “Thank you for making me happy.” George smiled then, a very amused smile, like he wasn’t expecting an answer like that. She had a feeling he was falling right into her veela charm.

“That’s not an answer.”

“Maybe you’ll get an answer, monsieur, when you can tell me why you want to make me happy so badly.” He quirked an eyebrow at her. “I see it in your eyes when you look at me, like you’re on a mission.”

“So?”

“So, I want to know why,” Adele said, taking a small sp of this strange drink.

“And I want to know what happened to you that made you so depressed.”

“I told you already, Beauxbatons got attacked in the night. I loved it there.”

George shook his head and looked at the table for a moment. When he brought his eyes back up, he ran a hand through his fiery hair and said, “But there’s something else. I hear it in your voice, Adele.”

In that moment, they caught sight of another fiery haired brother coming straight for them with a smirk on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel so bad I haven't updated this in a month! I was getting ready for college stuff, and then I left for college and my stupid internet wasn't hooking up. The stupid resnet people didn't call me back until today after calling them four times. But, I'm back! And we're still writing, I promise. :)

Anyway, how'd you guys like this chapter?! It's getting a bit more into the story there. Uhm. Question of the chapter: What do you think Voldemort wants with Adele's mother?

Keep reading! And comments make us happy. :D

~ Kristyn