Prank Wars & Candy Stores

"This empty space left in the seat to my right where you should be says a lot."

As the red hair approached, George grabbed Adele’s hand and led her around to the back of the Three Broomsticks. The brisk wind whipped through her hair as the two stood in the back alley, Adele looking confusedly at George before pulling her hand away.

“What was zat all about?” she demanded.

There was a look of distress that distorted his face. “He was coming.”

Adele’s breath grew sharp in response to George’s panic, and she breathed, “Who?”

The redhead ran a hand through his hair and turned to look back up the alley.

“Who was coming, George?” she insisted.

“Fred.”

She shook her head. “No, you’re George. There’s no fooling me anymore. Remember the scar?”

“No,” he replied, chuckling ever so slightly, perhaps out of apprehension. “Fred was coming.”

“And why was that such a dire emergency that you decided to drag me out into this alley?” she asked, crossing her hands against her chest and popping out her hip. “I rather like your brother.”

George’s face fell, and he asked, “What do you mean?”

“Oi!” came a voice from up the alley as red hair approached the couple. “Georgie-porgie!”

“Hello, Fred,” Adele began with a smile. “It’s lovely to see you here.”

George rolled his eyes. “Yeah; it’s a pleasure.”

“I was just heading over to Zonko’s to replenish our stock, and I just wanted to know if you two lovebirds’d like to come,” Fred offered.

“Actually, we—”

Adele cut him off. “We’d love to.”

“We would?” George asked, while at the same time, Fred inquired, “You would?”

“Yes,” Adele replied. “Wouldn’t we, George?”

He stuttered for a moment, trying to find the right answer. She continued, “It wouldn’t be a proper prankster date without a trip to this… Zon-ko’s. That is a pranking boutique, yes?”

Fred would have answered, had he not been too busy trying to stifle his laughter. So George responded, “Yes. The very best.”

“Miss LeBeau, my dear,” Fred started after finally regaining control of himself. “Here, they really aren’t ever called boutiques, I hate to break it to you.”

“Mais, non,” she argued in her native tongue.

“Mais, oui,” he said in return, smirking playfully.

“Well?” began George in a rather demanding tone of voice. “Are we going or what?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So... um... hey. I've been slacking rather horridly on this update, but it's finally up. Hopefully you all like it!
Question for this chapter: What's your favorite aspect of Adele's relationship with the twins thus far? :)
Answer the question in the comments, and the next chapter will be up whenever Kristyn gets around to it! Thanks again for reading.

xoxo,
Chrissie

P.S. I've started a new founders-era HP fanfic, so keep on the lookout for that. It's called 'Sanctuary'. :)