Sequel: Warmness On The Soul.
Status: finished

Big Bad Handsome Man

Fifteen.

Matt’s POV:

“Matt… what are you thinking… we need instructions.”

I tore my eyes away from the guns in front of me, finding all the guys staring down at me. Drenched in all black, black beanies, black everything.

“I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know Matt? We’ve got to get going soon; today’s the day Kara goes back. If we’re late Karen will call the cops and spill everything. We can’t risk the cops being there if we’re late. We had a deal.” Jimmy groaned.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, resisting the urge to yell at all of them. I didn’t want to take Kara back; even if she hated me I’d rather have her here with us. I had tried to talk to her, but it didn’t end so well.

I let out a nervous breath, opening the door to the bedroom slowly. At first everything was quiet, until something flew at my head, smacking my forehead painfully. I swear everyone was bent on making me have a headache. Groaning I looked down at the floor, finding the TV remote laying at my feet. She threw a TV remote at me?

“Get out Matthew. I don’t want to see you or any of the guys ever again.”

Kara looked like shit basically. Her eyes were swollen and red, making me feel like a complete ass. I knew she was trying to sound threatening, but it didn’t suit her. I could tell she had been crying, I guess she didn’t change emotions quickly.

“I need to talk to you.”

Her eyes narrowed, “I don’t want to hear a single thing you have to say Matt. Unless it’s about me getting to go home, and forget about you, than go ahead; otherwise leave me the fuck alone.” She growled. “I hate you.” She added with venom.

I flinched at the last part, shaking it off quickly. “Kara I’m not leaving until you hear me out. You can throw anything you want at me but I won’t leave until you let me explain things.”

On cue Kara picked up a lamp, raising her eyebrow at me. I had to admit she was sort of intimidating when about to throw things at me. Otherwise she looked pretty cute.

“You have five seconds to leave before I throw this at you.” She warned.

“Like I said go ahead, I’m not leaving Kara.”

“One.”

“Everything I told you was true Kara; you know my feelings for you!”

“Two.”

“I didn’t mean to let you know what we did that way, I felt so guilty it just poured out before I could think!”

“Three.”

“If I could go back in time I wouldn’t have done it, I didn’t know I’d get so attached to you when we took you!”

“Four.”

“Kara please, I fucking love you.”

“Five.” She hurled the lamp towards me, a look of pure furry on her eyes. “Don’t ever fucking speak to me again Matthew! If you fucking loved me you wouldn’t have told me ever, you wouldn’t have ruined my first time, you wouldn’t have fucking killed my Father! If you fucking loved me you’d leave me alone until you take my home! You wouldn’t try to speak to me, you’d do what I want and get me home to my life without you!” She broke down in front of me, making my heart sink down into my stomach.

Every ounce of me wanted to hug her, even if she hit me or even bit me. But it wasn’t what she wanted, she wanted to go home and forget me. I loved her, despite the small amount of time it had been, I truly did love her. If she wanted me to leave her alone, I had no choice, it was what she wanted.

“If you truly want me too…” I looked down at the ground. “You’ll be home soon.”


“Matt, she wants to go home. We all heard her yelling at you, if it’s what she wants we can’t force her to stay with us. It’ll make her hate us more, and I don’t want that and I’m sure neither do you.” Brian sighed. “I don’t want her to go either, she’s like family to us, but she wants to go home. We can’t stop her, and I know she’ll fight us forever if we take her with us. Karen agreed to this deal, we need to get going.”

As much as I wanted to argue with them, I knew they were right. If Kara wanted to go home, I couldn’t force her to stay with us. It would only make her hate us that much more.

“Go get her.”

I stood up, leaving the living room and walking outside. I should’ve known that after Kara found out she would hate us. Yet I had held some small hope that she wouldn’t, of course that was just a stupid idea. If I was in her spot I’d hate me too, hell I hated myself right now.

I was going to make sure to check on her when we came back from Europe. Just to be safe the guys and I had plane tickets for right after the drop off. Get out of the country until the Berry’s tell us it’s safe enough to come back. Of course I wouldn’t just knock on her front door and ask how she had been. I’d probably take the creepy route and just spy through her window or something.

Maybe I could get Val to check on her.

“Matt, don’t try anything stupid at the beach.”

I glanced away from the cars, finding Jimmy leaning in the doorway. “I don’t know what you’re talking about Jimmy.”

“We have a deal with Karen, don’t try to cross her; than we’ll never be able to come back home. I know you love Kara, and I can tell she loves you too, but if she truly wants to go home, than we have to let her. Don’t try and bring Kara with us, it won’t work and if she manages to escape in Europe than we’re fucked and she’s lost forever.”

I shook my head, “I’m not planning anything Jimmy, you don’t have to worry.”

He sighed. “I’m not stupid Matt. I can tell by the look in your eye you’re trying to figure out someway to convince her to come with us. It won’t work; she already hit Zacky in the head with a lamp right now. She hates us; let her leave with a bit of liking towards us.”

I bit down on my tongue, trying to control my temper for a few silent seconds. “You don’t understand Jimmy.”

“Yes I do Matt. You love Kara, and I’m pretty fucking sure she loves you. None of us expected you two to get attached like this, but it happened. You knew from day one Kara had to find out what we did, and she finally did. She might still love you, I’m not sure on that one, but I know you’d do anything for that girl. Including letting her go home, even though it’s not what you truly want. If you truly love Kara you’ll let her go home and live her life. You’re my best friend Matt, I love you, but if you love Kara you have to let her go.”

Before I could reply the front door opened behind Jimmy, nearly making him fall back onto his ass. I could see the guys behind him, and placed in front of Zacky was Kara. Her eyes already avoiding me.

“Let’s go.”

Kara’s POV:

I was going home, yet I wasn’t happy. Ever part of me was screaming to stay with Matt and the guys, they had basically become my family. Everything Zacky had told me was ringing through my head, making me feel sick to my stomach. I was so conflicted; I didn’t know what on Earth to do.

Upon hearing the sound of my door unlocking, I quickly gripped the bedside lamp. The only thing in my room that gave off light besides the TV. I had told Matt to leave me alone, but of course he probably wasn’t going to listen to me. As soon as the door opened wide enough I launched the lamp towards him.

“OW WHAT THE FUCK?!”

I mentally groaned when I realized it wasn’t Matt, but Zacky. Not clutching his eye with a look of pain on his face. I probably should’ve waited to throw something until I saw who it was. Than again I didn’t really want to see any of them.

“What do you want Zacky?” I asked.

“Get shoes or something, your going home.” He replied, still wincing from pain. “Fuck you have a good arm.”

“I’m going home?” I sat up a bit straighter.

He nodded, dropping his hand from his eye. “Yes, come on.” He blinked a few times.

I climbed out of the bed, slipping on a pair of flats Val had left me. As I was putting it on I noticed something shining on the floor. Ignoring Zacky’s stare I kneeled down, picking it up slowly. My heart was thudding in my head as I stared at the pendant Matt had given me; I had thrown it in a fit of rage, not caring what had happened to it. Just seeing it again brought a wave of unwelcomed emotions over me.

“He does truly love you, you know that right?”

I looked up to Zacky. “I don’t want to talk about this Zacky.”

“Too bad, we’re going to whether you want to or not. He loves you Kara, he truly does, and I’ve never once seen him so torn up over a girl before. We all knew we’d have to tell you what we did sooner or later, but none of us were prepared to get attached to you. I don’t think Matt had any idea how attached he’d truly become to you either.”

“Stop.”

“No, you won’t let us talk to you willingly so I’ll just keep talking.” He stated. “Sure Matt could’ve chosen a much better time to tell you what we did, but he felt so guilty Kara. Matt loves you; he doesn’t even want to take you back to Karen. Even if you hate him, he’d do anything for you. Now come on, before we’re late.”

Not bothering to think I stood up, pendant still in hand.


A loud crack of thunder made me jump in my seat. I don’t know why but the guys were driving in silence, making the thunder scare me from my thoughts.

I was still clutching the pendant in my hand, not sure what to do with it. Matt was sitting in the front passenger seat, furiously writing something down in a notebook. I couldn’t help but wonder if he could feel me staring, or even cared.

Rain started to splatter against the windows as we turned down the street to the beach. My heart seemed to drop in my stomach as I looked at the dark beach. I had been so sure about wanting to go home, and yet now that the time had come, I wasn’t sure what I wanted.

“Is she here?” Matt’s voice seemed to be as loud as thunder in the small car.

“Yes. Zacky, is Kara ready?” Jimmy asked from the front seat.

“Yeah.”

Without a moments warning Jimmy turned off the road and onto the beach. The car shifted from side to side, making me bounce and hit against Johnny and Zacky repeatedly. Matt had finally finished writing, and had ripped the pages from the notebook. For a brief moment I thought he had glanced at me through the rear view mirror, but I had to be imagining things.

My stomach churned nervously as I spotted a familiar black Lincoln parked in the sand. It almost felt like I had to vomit as we pulled up in front of it. Through the rain I could see Karen glaring daggers at the car, the look on her face absolutely terrified me. I didn’t know what was going on but I had a bad feeling about this.

“Here, take this it’ll be cold outside.” Without a hint of emotion in his voice, Matt turned to me and handed me a large hoodie. His fingers lingering against my hand for a moment; maybe I was just imagining it.

Before I could say anything he had already gotten out of the car. Following his lead everyone got out, Johnny gently pulling me out of my seat. My knees were shaking as I looked at Karen, waves of emotions washing over me. She and Matt were responsible for my Father’s death, but without her orders he wouldn’t have done it.

“Here’s the money, everything you asked for.” Karen spat, tossing a duffle bag to Brian. “Now, give me back my step-daughter.” She looked towards me. “Kara, come on, we’re going home.”

“Kara wait.” Zacky murmured quietly from my side. “Something doesn’t seem right.”

“KARA! Come on we’re going home right this instant!”

“Why in such a rush to leave Karen?” Matt asked a deadly tone to his voice.

“You’ve tortured me for the past few weeks; sorry I want to get back to my regular life already.” She spat. “Kara! Come on now!”

I bit the inside of my cheek nervously, glancing between Matt and Karen. Something seemed off and I didn’t like it, Karen wasn’t one to rush things at all. I nervously took a step towards her, trying to read the emotion in her eyes. I knew she didn’t want me back, I was expecting her to try and make Matt keep me around, not be anxious to get me back.

“KARA!”

Normally I would’ve flinched when she yelled at me, but this time I heard a bit of desperation in her voice. Almost like she was beginning to get scared, and I had never seen her scared in my life. I took another step forward, and at that moment I heard a familiar sound growing louder in the distance.

Police sirens.

Not even bothering to think I whirled around to face Zacky; before he could even ask what I was doing I grabbed the gun he was holding in his hand. I whirled back towards Karen, holding the gun directly at Matt and Karen, my knees wobbling violently.

“Kara put the gun down!”

“Kara…”

I gulped nervously, the sound of the sirens growing louder. The guys needed to leave; they needed to get out of here before it was too late.

“M-Matt… get out… leave now!” I stuttered, “This is between Karen and I, I’m home now, you need to get out of here before the cops get here!”

Matt looked between us for a moment, “I’m not leaving you here with her…”

I gulped nervously, a lump growing in my throat. “Matt! LEAVE! The longer you stand here the bigger the risk you won’t get out of here, please I’ll be fine by myself but you need to go!” I groaned desperately.

“Kara, point that gun somewhere else!” Karen spat, gaining my attention for a moment. “I am your fucking step mother!”

My lip curled upwards for a moment, “you are the reason my Father is dead.”

Her abnormally tanned skin turned a shade of white, a look of pure shock and horror taking over her features. She stuttered out a few words, but other than that she was speechless.

I turned my attention back to Matt, “Get out of here, if you love me you’ll get out of here as fast as you can Matt. I know if you had the chance to go back you wouldn’t have killed my Dad. I love you Matt, I really do, but I am not going to see you behind bars. You need to leave; you need to make sure you and the guys are okay. I’ll be fine no matter what, I’m a big girl, you have to go!” I urged.

He stared at me for a few moments, the blank expression on his face turning to one of sadness. “Come with us…”

I shook my head, “no, I need to stay here. If I go with you it’ll never be safe for you all to come back. You all need to leave right now I’m begging!”

Matt hesitated towards the car for a moment, “Matt she’s right! By the sound of those sirens we don’t have long to go!” Zacky grunted from behind me.

“Get in the car.” Matt sighed.

The guys all obeyed and quickly scrambled into the car, each of them sending me a small sad smile as they did so. I was going to miss them so much, but they needed to leave and be safe. Matt crossed over towards me, wrapping his thick arms around my small waist.

“I love you Matthew.” I mumbled into his chest, trying to memorize everything at this moment. His scent, heartbeat, how his arms felt, I wanted to remember everything.

He sighed, “I love you too Ka-”

Matt was cut off when a loud shot thundered around us. My eyes widened as I pulled away and shoved him to the side slightly. My heartbeat was echoing in my head as I took in the scene before me. Jimmy was out of the car, gun pointed at where Karen had been standing.

“JIMMY!”

“She was fucking aiming for you two!” He defended. “I’m sorry Kara but I couldn’t just sit here and let her!” He added.

I blinked a few times, the sirens getting louder and louder. I swallowed against the lump in my throat, “It’s alright Jimmy, I understand… but right now all of you need to get out of here now!”

Matt sighed before pulling me into a bone crushing hug, “I love you Kara.” Before I had a moment to reply he had pressed his lips against mine, and gotten into the car.

It felt like my heart was breaking as the car backed up slowly. From the driver’s seat Matt gave me a sad smile, shattering my heart that much more. Mustering a weak grin I waved towards them, all too aware that I had begun to cry. Maybe I could convince the cops that I was crying over Karen.

The car sped away from me, and my now dying step mother. Glancing over to Karen I stared at her body for a few moments. I could hear the sirens growing louder over the rain, and I could only pray that the guys would get away safely.

I didn’t even know if Matt would ever come back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in such a long time. Some personal things happened and things are finally okay again.
This is the end :(
If I get a few comments I'll make a bonus chapter... before the sequel is up ;D