Sequel: Warmness On The Soul.
Status: finished

Big Bad Handsome Man

Six.

“MATT! WE’ VE GOT A PROBLEM!”

I let out a high pitched scream, rolling off Matt and onto the floor at the sound of Jimmy’s voice. I had been comfortably sound asleep until I heard his high pitched yell. I groaned, my head had smacked the floor first, and it was pounding so hard.

Matt grunted, “what the fuck Jimmy?!” Matt reached down and plucked me off the floor, giving me a sympathetic smile.

“We’ve got to get fucking going now Matt! Pack her shit and let’s get going we have to leave now!” Jimmy yelled. The look on his face was pure panic, and it made me worry that something was wrong. “I’m not joking get your ass out of fucking bed!”

“What the fuck are you talking about Jimmy?” Matt questioned as he stood up, shooting me a quick glance.

“Someone fucking ratted our location out to the damn cops, Jason got word of it and we have to leave now. They’ll be here any damn minute!” Jimmy replied throwing his hands up into the air. “Unless you want to go to jail I suggest you get fucking moving, I’ll take care of Kara.”

Before I could question what was going on Jimmy had plucked me from the bed. “Your shoulder is fucking boney.” I growled I was going to have a permanent bruise on my stomach.

“I’m sorry but we’ve got to get you into the car.” Jimmy sighed, “Matt get anything that is absolutely important, otherwise just leave the rest of the shit. Zacky and Brian are getting rid of any evidence here, now hurry the fuck up!”

Before Matt could say anything else Jimmy had sprinted out of the room, making me bounce slightly on his shoulder. Looking around I could see all of the guys panicking, burning papers, shoving clothes, guns, money into duffel bags. Part of me felt bad knowing that they could go to jail because of me.

“Jimmy my inhaler.” I remembered shifting so I could see the side of his face.

“It’s in my pocket don’t worry Kara.” He replied hurrying down the stairs and through the hallway. “I’m so sorry if I’m hurting you but we’ve got to leave now before the cops here.” He added passing through the kitchen and into the backyard.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Up to Big Bear, we trust you enough to let you know that and see the way up there.” He replied walking over to the backyard gate. “We have a cabin up there, and we should be safe. The only people that know where we’re going are the Berry’s and us of course.” He added.

I had only seen the infamous Jason and Matt Berry twice since I had been at the house. Right now made the third time as Jason held open the back gate while Matt held open the door to the backseats, making it easier on Jimmy. He plopped me into the backseat, strapping the seatbelt across me before climbing in next to me.

Glancing back to the house I could see the rest of the guys hurrying towards the car, faint cop sirens wailing in the background. I bit my lip nervously, I wasn’t sure why I didn’t want the cops to get here, I should want to go home. Right?

“Jason, Matt get out of here.” Matt barked before climbing into the driver’s seat. “Make sure you tell no one where we’re going, if you need us call us from a payphone at the cabin’s number, got it?”

The Berry’s nodded before disappearing down the alley and into a truck not to far behind us, I was even worried about them too. Before I could ask Matt anything he had the car started and speeding down the narrow alley. Jimmy cursed and slammed the car door shut, apparently not remembering that it as open.

“Try not to speed Matt, it’ll gain attention and we don’t need to get pulled over right now.” Johnny muttered from behind us.

“From the looks of all the cops turning down our street it looks like we just got out in time.” Jimmy mused, “If we hadn’t found out we’d be sitting ducks right now in the house, months of planning fucking tossed away by some asshole.” He grunted sourly.

“Any idea who the rat is?” Matt asked as he turned onto a normal street.

“We have an idea, what do you want us to do with him?” Zacky asked from his spot next to me. The expression on his face right now reminded me of one that a mob boss would make before deciding whether or not to kill someone. From the corner of the eye he spotted me staring and smiled at me. He was nothing more than a big softie at heart though.

“Get him up to Big Bear; I’ll handle things than with Brian.” Matt answered his tone ice cold. This was the side of Matt that scared me; the cold blooded side. I had seen both sides of him, the warm and gentle one that took care of me, and the one where his looks could almost kill. “Kara are you okay?”

I nodded, “I’m fine.”

Matt looked at me from the rear view mirror, giving me a faint smile before looking back at the road. He turned onto the highway, starting to pick up speed as we wove in and out between cars. On instinct I grabbed both Zacky and Jimmy’s hands, I hated speeding, and I hated the highway. Both of them chuckled before squeezing my hands back, obviously both amused that I was scared.

“Matt, what are you planning?” Brian asked.

“The usual,” Matt answered his eyes briefly looking into the rear view mirror, “We’ll talk about it when we get there Gates.”

I knew he didn’t want to talk about it because of me, and knowing that Matt was going to do something violent to someone else… scared me to the bone.

*
*

I was half asleep by the time we got up to Big Bear, I guess I really had gotten a little sick from swimming at night. Instead of having Jimmy get out of the car Matt got me out instead, letting the guys unload anything they had brought along. Even though I was half asleep I saw Val pull up in a small silver car, she waved over at me before going to help the guys. I liked Val; she acted like a Mother to me at times, which was what I missed.

Yawning I snuggled closer to Matt, listening to the steady beating of his heart. Through all this excitement it seemed like he had stayed completely calm, how he did that I’d never know. I would’ve pissed myself a few times if I was in his spot.

“Matt…?”

He looked down at me briefly, “Yes?”

“What’re you going to do to that guy?” I asked as he walked into the cabin. It faintly smelled like pine needles and cinnamon, surprising, I was expecting it to smell like the guys.

“Nothing.”

I frowned, “tell me, I know your planning something… you didn’t want to talk about it in the car because you didn’t want me to get scared of you.” I murmured sleepily. “I won’t be scared of you Matt I promise.” I said through another yawn.

Stop yawning!

“I won’t do anything to him most likely, we don’t even know if he’s the snitch.” Matt answered walking into what I assumed was his bedroom. “You’ll have your own room here that way you can rest as much as you want.” He added as he set me down on the bed.

I looked away, hoping to hide my disappointment. I liked sharing a bed with Matt, if I had any nightmares I could just curl into his side and he’d hold me; not to mention he was incredibly comfortable to cuddle with.

“Something wrong?” Matt asked.

I forced a smile on my face as I looked up at him, “not at all, just not feeling to well.” I half lied.

His smile faltered for a few seconds before he nodded. “I have to go help the guys, feel free to walk around the house alright? Val’s downstairs if you want to go hang out with her, she’s making food for us tonight.” Matt flashed me a dimpled smile before turning and walking out of the room, leaving the door wide open.

I looked down at my feet, feeling my force smile slowly fade off my face. I don’t know why, but I felt hurt inside. Like somewhere deep down I had made Matt not want me around anymore, I sighed sadly. I guess this is how a kidnapped person is supposed to feel.

Sad.
♠ ♠ ♠
drama in the next chapter :3
comments?:D????
also go check out my new story featuring Avenged Sevenfold/Logan Marshall-Green {it is not a slash}
[url=http://stories.mibba.com/read/402868/Its-My-Job-To-Steal-And-Rob/]New story!=/url]