Status: Trying my hardest to update.

Never Thought It Would Be You

Guilt & Pain;

It’s been a week since the fight I had with Olivia and everything at Huntington Beach High became better on my part. The rumors were all good about me but, I felt bad for the ones of Olivia. When she comes back to school Monday I have a feeling she won’t be welcomed back as the person she was before. After thinking about what could happen I felt like an ass the entire day.

I was quiet all through Math ignoring every thing Brian tried to tell me. I was quiet in Biology and Jimmy tried his hardest to make me talk but I just kept avoiding him. By the time I was in art Brian and Jimmy were staring at me with hurt in their eyes. They tried talking to me but I just sat there without saying a word and doodling in my sketch book. I took quick glances at them all when Jimmy asked to at least look up. So, I did. Jimmy pleaded with his eyes and Brian just looked upset. When I looked at Matt he looked worried and confused but he quickly drew his gaze away from me. He hasn’t talked to me the entire period not even bothering me about why I wasn’t talking. I shrugged it off and waited the entire period for the bell to ring.

When the bell finally rang I waited in my seat as everyone left the room for lunch. I walked quietly out the room with my head down staring at the ground as I walked. As I turned the corner I felt someone grabbed onto my shoulder. I stopped walking and looked up at the familiar hand to see Matt staring at me with a worried expression. I finally had words to say as I choked out, “I feel like an ass, Matty. Your sister has been putting me through guilt all fucking day.”

He smiled which caused me to smile as he softly said, “I know how you feel… She’s coming back Monday and honestly, I feel like some of this is my fault.”

“How would any of this be your fault? I’m the one that got her suspended. Not you.”

“I know but, ever since the fight she’s been bitching and bitching all fucking week. We’ve been fighting and I said some things that I regret saying to her. I really can’t stand seeing her moping around the house all damn day. I can already tell that when she gets back to school it’s just going to get worse.” He sighed looking down at his feet. I pulled him into a hug and tightly squeezed my arms around him as he did the same to me.

“Can I come over today…? I think I should apologize to both Olivia and you mom. Do you think it’ll be alright?” I softly spoke as I looked up at him.

He nodded, “Yea. I think it’ll be alright. But… I think you should talk to Gates and Jim. They’re really upset with you. So, will you talk to them?”

“I didn’t mean for them to be upset with me. I just couldn’t come up with words to say to them. I should go apologize to them. C’mon, let’s go to lunch.” I pulled out of the hug and started walking down the hall with Matt at my side. He slid his hand into mine as we laced our fingers together. I felt shockwaves go through my body when he did this. I looked up and smiled at him receiving one in return. We walked all the way to the cafeteria and went to our lunch table.

Once when we sat down everyone had sad looks on their faces. Obviously, Jimmy and Brian told them I wasn’t speaking to anyone so I guess it instantly hurt Johnny and Zacky. I took a deep breath as I stared at the four men in front of me. I finally managed out my apology, “I’m sorry, guys… I didn’t mean to make you upset with me. I just had a lot on my mind and I didn’t know what to do till I could figure out how to do it… So, will you accept my apology?”

It was quiet for a while as they all sat there looking at me. I couldn’t stand sitting there in silence. I sighed as I put my focus on my lap. I knew they were only doing this because I did it to them. I was just upset because I have to deal with the consequences. Finally, after a long wait Jimmy spoke up.

“Joey, you’re too hard to be mad at.” I looked up and saw him smile and it quickly fell as he became serious, “But, we don’t care what kind of problem you’re having. You can’t just block us out of your life like that… Talk to us about anything. We’re always here for you.” I agreed by nodding and smiling at them all.

“Good. Now, let’s get the fuck out of here. I’m think we should go the carnival.” He smiled.

“Now?!” We all said in unison.

“YES NOW! C’mon let’s go!” He said as he got up and we followed.

“How are we going to get there? We can’t just get in our cars and leave?!” I said.

“That’s why I drove my car today. It’s just over the gate. All we have to do is climb.” He laughed. We reached the gate and checked our surroundings and made sure there were no guards in sight. Jimmy was the first over. Then Alex, Brian, Harley, Johnny, Sadie, and Zacky climbed over.

“Are you coming or not? If you two don’t get over here we’ll just jump back and throw you over!” Johnny taunted.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, “I’d like to see you try but I’ll climb over myself.” I put my foot on the gate and started to climb. Once I got over, Matt started to climb. He was at the top of the gate when a guard around the corner yelled, “Hey! Get back here!”

“Shit!” Matt yelled and jumped from the top. The others had already run off when the guard yelled. I quickly grabbed Matt’s hand and pulled him off the ground and we sprinted towards Jimmy’s car. We all cramped into his small truck laughing the whole way to the carnival.

We all piled out of the truck and separated to the many different rides in out site. The guys all went off with their girlfriends and I stayed with Jimmy and Matt. I was in the middle of them both as we walked around. I got bored of just walking by them so I grabbed both of their hands and stopped walking. They didn’t realize I stopped until I was pulled forward almost falling to my face.

“Oh shit! Joey, what are you doing?!” Matt laughed

“Well, I didn’t do much but grab both of your hands and stopped walking. Except now I think it’s a bad idea seeing that you two basically dragged me to the floor. So, I don’t think I’ll hold either of your hands at the same time again.” I smiled.

“Sorry, but we are quite bigger than you. But, don’t hesitate to hold my hand. It’s open for you at anytime.” He winked.

I rolled my eyes and said, “Whatever you say Jimbo…Hey! How about we go on the Farris Wheel?” I looked at them both with excitement.

They looked at each other and shrugged to an agreement. Jimmy decided to pick me up and throw me over his shoulder running towards the wheel with Matt following closely behind us. He cut through the line of people waiting for their turn and when we got to the front he put me down and yelled, “Seating for three, please.”

The worker rolled his eyes, obviously annoyed and seated us in the carriage. Jimmy was sitting on my right and Matt was on my left. I was glad to call these two boys my best friends.

“What time is it?” Matt asked.

“It’s, uhh…Shit! It’s time to go!” Jimmy exclaimed.

‘Well, we can’t get off now. We’re at the top. Just call the guys and tell them to meet us back at the car in 5 minutes or else they’ll have to walk back to the school.” I stated. They nodded their heads and called the guys and told them what I said. When we got off the ride we sprinted for the car. As we got to the car there was no one there…and we called 10 minutes ago. So, we got in the car and drove off without them. We got back to the school when everyone was leaving. Matt and I got out of Jimmy’s car and before I could say bye to him he asked, “Joey, what are you doing today?”

Uh, right now I’m going over to Matt’s house. I’ll call you later though, okay?” I smiled.

“Okay. Bye guys!” he yelled and drove away.

“Bye!!” we called in unison.

When Jimmy wasn’t in sight anymore I turned to smile at Matt and sarcastically said, “Now, time for the hardest part of the day.” He laughed at my sarcasm and turned to walk to his car as I quickly followed. We got into his car and buckled up and drove back to his place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“Mom! Olivia! Can you come here!?” Matt yelled.

“What is it, Matthew?” His mom called.

“Someone needs to talk to you. She also needs to talk to Olivia!” He yelled and waited until they were both in sight of us.

“What could she possibly want now? Did she come back to ruin my life some more!?” Olivia yelled.

I lowered my head at her words thinking that I destroyed his family from their happiness.

“Just listen to what Joey has to say…for me, please?” Matt pleaded. “She’s my best friend and I’d appreciate it if all of you got along with each other. Okay?”

“Fine, I’ll listen but if she says something insulting then she leaves.” Olivia said as she sat on the couch crossing her arms and legs.

“Okay, then. Start talking, uh…” Mrs. Sanders said.

“Joey. My name is Joey.” I softly spoke. She nodded and I continued, “I know I’m not very much of a welcomed person in your home after what had happened. And after it happened I started to replay the scene over and over in my head. And I just felt like a complete a-hole… Just standing here in this room I can fell the tension. I really didn’t expect meeting anyone the way I met you guys. And I hate the outcome of it all… The first day Matt and I met we were assigned to work on a project together which is why he was over at my house. He told me so much about your family that day. How you guys were so close and happy with each other. And when I didn’t realize who Olivia was, meeting all of you became harder than what I thought. Everything went downhill from that point on. When he drove me over here the day of the fight I didn’t expect myselft to blow up like that. It’s not my usual self. I’ve just been throught a lot that day and I really took the situation for granted. I realize now that I ruined a family and I can never forgive myself for this. I’m just so…so… sorry for everything I caused. You don’t have to accept my apology but getting it off my chest makes me feel like I at least tried…And Olivia, I’m sorry. I hope someday you and I can see past our differenced and get over the fact of what we both have caused…” I paused and turned towards Matt trying to hide the tears forming in my eyes and said, “I’m sorry for everything, Matt. And, it hurts me to say this but I can’t be friends with you anymore.” The tears started cascading down my face.

His eyes grew into pain as if I just stabbed him in the back, “What? Why?!” he yelled.

I chocked out, “Because I’m the reason you and your family aren’t the way you’ve told me. I ruined you and them in just one day. I’m sorry but, I just can’t do it. I can’t look at you every day seeing pain in your eyes. It’s always caused by me. And I don’t want to be the one to hurt you.” I paused, “I have to go now. I’m sorry, goodbye!” I said through my tears. I rushed outside and started walking home. When I was down at the end of the street I heard someone running towards me.

“Matt! I can’t do this. I don’t-” I stopped talking when I saw who it really was. My eyes went wide in shock, “Olivia?”

“Yea shut up and listen to me. It’s my turn to talk.” I nodded and she continued, “Don’t leave. Go back there and take Matt back. You didn’t destroy our family, Joey. No one can and never will. We have our differences and you may be one of them but the only reason your still around is because you make Matt happy. So, don’t walk away from him thinking it’s your fault we’re fighting. It’s both of ours. And I accept your apology but you have to accept mine too.”

I stood there in shock trying to rewind everything she just said. I finally found my voice and asked, “Did you just accept my apology?”

“Yes, I did. Do you accept mine?”

“Y-yea. I do. But, why?” I asked.

“Because no one has ever been brave enough to come to my house and talk to my mom like that. Also, stand up for them as well as defend others. I respect that about you. And when you came and apologized I saw bravery and you earned my full respect. Now, get your ass back to my house and talk to Matt.”

I smiled and gave her a quick hug as we both walked back to her house. I stopped at the door and mouthed a ‘Thank You’ and went up the stairs by Matt’s room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe!!

Tell me what you think (;
Next chapter is pretty amazing but you're going to have to wait !!

Joey's Outfit

check out my other story. It's called "As the Day Goes By" I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. As well as this lovely story. Please and Thank you (: