Status: Trying my hardest to update.

Never Thought It Would Be You

Family Matters;

I leaned my ear against Matt’s door to hear loud music roaring through his bedroom. I knocked on the door and got no answer and decided it would be best just to open it. When the door was halfway open Matt’s back was facing me while his hands cradle his head. He was shaking a little from deep breaths when I realized he was crying. The one person I thought would never cry was actually crying….because of me.

I felt a sting in my eyes noticing that I’ve been crying since I saw how he looked. I walked into his room and shut the door lightly behind me. I walked over to his stereo and turned down the music when he choked out, “Olivia, please leave! Now!”

“That’s going to be hard for her to do since she’s not here.” I softly said. Matt turned his head, shocked to hear where the voice came from. His eyes were red and swollen from crying so much. Pain flushed his face and I couldn’t help myself but to cry my eyes out. I fell to the floor and put my legs close to my chest as I buried my face in my legs. I was like this for at least 5 minutes when I felt myself being pulled into close to Matt who sat down next to me. I bawled my eyes out into his chest as he softly cried while we both gave each other comfort. When my crying slowed down I pulled away and looked at Matt trying to figure out why he was forgiving me so quickly.

“I can’t lose you, Joey. You’re my best friend and if anything happened to you, I’d be lost. Just promise me something, okay?” he asked.

I nodded as he continued to say, “Promise me you’ll never push me away. Promise me you’ll stay with me no matter what. Just don’t leave me, Joey. Promise?”

It was quiet for a while as we stared at each other. He knew what I’d say but to me it looked like he wanted to say more. I looked deeply into his beautiful hazel colored eyes trying to ignore the fluttery feeling deep in my gut. I knew it would be risky for me to try something but he would understand…Right?

Before I could say anything to him, his lips were pressed to mine. I reacted immediately kissing him back. The kiss was gentle and passionate. Matt deepened the kiss as he pulled me up to his lap for me to straddle him without breaking our locked lips. His arms were locked around my waist as my hands were softly around his neck. Before, the kiss went any further I pulled away and looked him in the eyes and said, “I promise, Matty.” He softly smiled and kissed my cheek. I got off his lap and sat back down next to him cuddling onto his arm.

After sitting in his room we decided that I should start heading home. It was 9 o’clock on a Friday night when we pulled into my driveway. We sat there in silence for a long time staring of into space. When I looked over at him I decided to ask, “You and the guys should stay the night with me today.”

He looked at me strangely and slowly said, “Why?”

I shrugged, “Because you guys are my friends… The girls and I don’t really talk so; I didn’t see why to ask them. Plus, if the guys and the girls both came over than I’ll never get to spend time with them besides practice and classes.”

“And your mom won’t care for having five guys spend the night?” he asked.

“No, she’ll care. But she trusts me and she trusts you guys so….?”

He smiled, “I’ll call Zacky and Brian. You can call Jimmy and Short Shit.”

“You really shouldn’t call John-John that. He’s only a freshman. You can’t blame him for being short.” I laughed.

He rolled his eyes and cut the engine. We hopped out of his car and made our way inside my house to call the guys. About a half hour later they were all sitting in my living room.

“Hey, Joey! Come here!” Zacky yelled.

“Yes?” I asked. He grabbed my hand and pulled me onto his lap and asked, “What is there to do here? I’m really, really, really fucking bored!” he whined.

I rolled my eyes and said, “Uh, Well, there’s movies, booze, a pool, and the beach is right down the hill. So, you choose.” I stated.

“Hmm… what kind of booze?”

“There’s Miller, Jack Daniels, and Red wine. Do you want any?” I asked.

“I’ll take a JD. Thank you very much.” He said as he pecked my cheek.

“Yea, yea… Anyone else want anything?” I asked as I got up from Zacky’s lap.

“Jack Daniels, please!” Johnny said.

“John-John, you think you can handle alcohol?” I asked.

“Geez Jo, I’m not a child. I’ve had alcohol before.” He whined.

“Okay. What ever you say…. Who else?”

“Jack Daniels.” Brian said.

“Jimmy? Matt? What about you guys?”

“Uh, I’ll have a Jack. Please and thank you.” Matt said.

“You’re welcome…” I smiled, “Jimmy? Last Chance?” I asked.

“I’ll have a Jack. But, I’ll help you carry the drinks since you might grab your own.”

“Okay, thank you.” I smiled at his kind gesture.

Jimmy and I made our way to the kitchen. I grabbed the bottle of wine and 2 JD’s and Jimmy grabbed the other 3. I opened the wine and poured myself a glass. Then we went back to the living room and handed everyone their drinks.

“So… how was everyone’s day?” Jimmy asked to clear the silence.

“Well, besides walking all the way back to the school. It was good.” Johnny relaxed into the couch.

“I second that…. It gave me and Sadie some time together.” Zacky innocently said.

“Awe, Bakers got a heart!” I said with a child-like tone.

“Ha! Ha! You’re so funny…” he sarcastically said. “I don’t have any classes with her. Sorry if I wanted to be have time to be close to her…. You and Matt taught me well.” He smiled as he lifted his drink in the air. I looked at him with confusion and the others did the same.

“How did Matt and I teach you to be close to Sadie? We’re not even in a relationship.” I managed to say.

“Yea, I know. But everyone else at school thinks differently. You two act like lovers with hidden problems. You and Matt always pull these acts like you two are fine as you walk up to us but your eyes tell differently. Which can only mean one thing.” He pointed out.

“And what would that one thing be Vengeance?” Matt asked with a laugh.

“That you two are secretly dating and possibly fucking each other when-” I cut him off by throwing the couch pillow at him. He spilt his drink all over the front of him as his eyes went wide and yelled, “What the hell, Joey! How the hell am I suppose to get this off?!”

I laughed at his reaction and got up as I called out, “Zacky! Do you want the problem fixed or not?!” I heard Zacky get off the couch and soon heard him following behind me. Then, I heard the rest of the guys quickly get up and literally run over to where we were. Once we got outside I walked over to the pool and without hesitation I jumped in. When I came up for air they were all standing there with there eyes wide with confusion.

“Come one you pussies! Get your dicks sewn back on and jump in!” I teased.

They all laughed and took their shirts off. Jimmy and Brian were the first to jump in and shortly after Zacky, Johnny, and Matt joined. We were all enjoying this time. We played colors, had a chicken fight, and had a competition to see who can do a better trick into the pool. I won the competition by perfectly landing a double tuck. A little while later, Matt and Brian thought it would be a great idea to throw Johnny and me across the pool (which it was). Then, Jimmy and Zacky went inside to go get some drinks and a stereo.

About 20 minutes went by and the guys decided to get out and dry off. I was the only one who stayed in. It wasn’t awkward being in there alone but it was awkward with them all staring at me. So, I rolled my eyes, knowing they couldn’t see, and swam over to them resting my hands on the ground to hold me up.

“Are you guys trashed yet?” I asked noticing them drinking another Jack Daniels (Their third).

“We can hold our liquor…but, Johnny can’t. So, look out for him if he starts tripping everywhere.” Jimmy said.

I laughed, “Johnny! You good over there?!”

“Yea! Never…” he hiccupped, “…Better!” he slurred.

I laughed at his drunkenness knowing I could get use to this. We sat there quiet for a little while. Then all of their eyes grew wide as they looked behind me. I heard a cough and turned around seeing what they were staring at. I was shocked, excited, and a little embarrassed when I saw my family. Right in front of me was Nate, Emma, and Steven standing at the other end of the pool. Nate had a face of laughter but out for blood type of look, Emma was enjoying what she’s witnessing, and Steven looked a little disappointed.

“What are you guys doing here? Why didn’t you call?” I swam to the stairs and grabbed a towel to prance my way over to where they were.

“Well, we came here for a visit to see you and mom. It was a surprise for you because mom already knew. But, I think we’re more surprised to see you in a pool with a bunch of guys with alcohol watching you.” Emma said.

“I’m glad you guys are here. And what you’re thinking is all false. These guys are my all friend from school.” I reassured them and had them follow me to the guys.

“Guys this is Nate and Emma. They’re my half brother and sister. And this is Steven. He’s kind of, sort of a dad figure to me. Nate, Emma, and Steven, this is Brian, Jimmy, Zacky, Johnny and Matt. They’re my best friends. And, sorry if Johnny does anything stupid. He’s a little drunk. And no, Emma! I’m not fucking any of them. So stop thinking of it.”

“I’m not drunk, Jo!” Johnny slurred.

“Okay, John-John what ever you say!”

“How do you do it?” Emma asked.

“Do what?”

‘Be friends with a bunch of guys and not have any physical relationship with them!!”

“Uh, because I’m not a sex craving whore? And they all have girlfriends. So, it’s really easy.”

“I don’t have a girlfriend!” Jimmy called.

Emma’s face went to an evil smile and said, “The truth comes out! We found you a lucky winner!” she yelled.

“Emma! Shut up! I’m not sleeping with anyone!”

“Good because your mom would have a cow if she knew these guys were here. She’d flip to hear if you’re sleeping with one of them.” Steven said.

“Actually, she knows them and approves. So, it’s okay if they’re here. And mom doesn’t care who I sleep with as long as they’re disease free and we use protection. Oh, and they’re staying over tonight. If you have a problem with that then suck it up or find somewhere else to stay. They’re not going anywhere.” I stated a little harshly.

“Joey-” Matt started but I cut him off and said, “Matt, no. You guys are staying and just because my family comes in for a visit doesn’t mean they can kick you guys out. It’s not even there house so they have no authority.”

He shrugged knowing he wouldn’t put up a fight to that. He looked back my family. When I asked, “Where are you guys staying?”

“Here.” Nate said.

“Okay, then. Uh, the pool house has two bedrooms and a bathroom and the house has three spare rooms. I guess you guys can take the house and we’ll stay in the pool house…. That okay?” I asked.

They nodded there heads and then I turned my attention to the guys and said, “Alright, fuckers. Help me get your stuff into the pool house. I need to change and get all my stuff too. So, move. Now!” I demanded.

We all got up and made our way to the house when I heard Nate mumble, “Someone gets demanding when they’re drunk.”

“I heard that! And I’m not drunk!” I called.

“Dammit! How does she do that!” he whined.

“I’m like a hawk, I hear everything!” I yelled and went into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like the ending (:
Well and the beginning.
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!

Joey's outfit when she jumps into the pool
Minus the shoes, backpack, cellphone, and hat.

After Pool Outfit