Status: Trying my hardest to update.

Never Thought It Would Be You

You Had My Heart;

-3 Months Later-


It was a bright and sunny day on the beach. I was laying in the sand tanning as a shadow swept over me. I opened my eyes to see a beautiful dimple smile that I grew to love. It was Matt. He stood over me as his body turned to a silhouette. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. I could taste the salty ocean water coming off his lips. His lips were soft and the kiss was gentle with passion. All the sudden the kiss grew rough and Matt’s lips became different. I opened my eyes to see who I was kissing. It wasn’t Matt. It was my worst nightmare. Finally, he pulled away from the kiss and his green eyes were filled with lust and anger. I was lost in thought just staring at the Shaggy blonde haired man I once loved. I couldn’t find words to speak till he said, “I will find you Joey. Don’t try and run from me”

I woke up sweating and my heart was racing. I always hated that dream. Ever since I met Matt I’ve been getting that dream almost every night. The shaggy blonde haired guy reminds me so much of my ex-boyfriend. His eyes were glowing at me with lust and pure evil. I could never forget that look. Even in my dreams I saw it. That’s the only look I could remember of him. He ruined my life but now that I’m living in Huntington he has to source of finding me.

I shook my head getting the thoughts of him out of my mind. As I soon regained my breath I looked over at my nightstand and read the clock as it shined 5:28 am. I rolled out of my bed and went to the bathroom to get ready for school. We had three days left of school till spring break and I really hoped it wouldn’t come by so quickly. I just feel like the year has gone by so fast. “I hate this feeling.” I mumbled to myself quietly.

Once I was done getting ready and eating breakfast Matt and Jimmy were already waiting for me on the driveway. We rode to school with our usual conversation about what we had planned for the day and today we spiced it up with the amazing question of what we had planned for spring break. I wasn’t too happy but, I was a little relieved to hear that Matt, Johnny and Zacky weren't going anywhere. So, at least I’ll have time with them. Jimmy and his family are going to Florida while Brian and his family are going to the Bahamas. “Lucky bastards” I thought to myself.

The school day went by quickly today and as I was walking into Matt’s house I was tackled to the ground.

“Joey! Joey! Guess what!?” Olivia squealed.

“I don’t know I give up. Now get the fuck off of me!” I yelled

“Oh sorry…” she got up and continued, “Well, before anything what are your plans for break?”

“Absolutely nothing. Why?”

“You, me, and I guess the guys if they can come are going to Vegas!!” she yelled.

“You’re joking, right?” I laughed. “Oh my god! You’re not joking…? Olivia that’s fucking amazing! I love you! I love you! Oh my fucking god I love you!” I hugged her as we both squealed in happiness.

“What the fuck are you two squealing about?” Zacky asked coming out of the garage.

“Can Zacky come with us?” I asked Olivia who nodded her head yes.

“Where the hell am I going?” he asked in confusion.

“Do you want to come with Joey, Matt, and myself to Vegas for spring break?” Olivia asked.

“Is this a fucking joke because if it is I swear I will kick both of your asses?” He laughed.

“Nope, it’s not. Johnny can come to. Brian and Jimmy obviously can’t since they have stuff planned. So, do you think you can come?” I asked with excitement.

He thought about it for a second before saying, “Hell fucking yes!” We cheered and had a group hug. “I have to get back to practice. I’ll see you lovely ladies later.” He winked and walked back into the garage.

After Zacky left Olivia and I decided to go watch a movie in her room until it was time for me to go. Halfway through, we got bored of the movie and started talking about the trip.

“How did you convince your mom to let us go to Vegas?” I asked.

“At first she said no but then when I begged she caved and said the only way I could go is if I bring Matt with. And knowing him he’d only go if you did. But, I was already going to invite you. So, it works out perfectly.” She smiled.

I rolled my eyes, “Why do you always think Matt want me to go to big events with your family or the guys?”

“Joey, I’m his sister. I think I can tell when my brother likes a girl. And you are a girl that he’s crazy about.”

“Please…That is so not true. He just got out of a relationship with….uh… that one girl? Oh, well doesn’t matter. And he has girls clinging to him all the time at parties. And sometimes those girls get lucky.”

“The last parts are true but he only sleeps with those girls because he’s drunk and horny. And his ex dumped him because she knew he liked you.”

“He does not like me.”

“Joey, he likes you and when he comes out to you and tells you that he’s madly in love with you. You’ll be kissing my ass and telling me I was right. Deal?” she held out her hand.

I laughed and grounded, “Deal…” I grabbed her hand and shook it, then we pinky promised and kissed our hand and ‘spit’ (This is how we make our legit deals).

“Besides, after the second day you two will be so fucking hammered and probably end up getting married. Then, we’ll finally be sister!”

I hit her arm playfully and yelled, “You’re such a dumbass.”

“That’s why you love me!”

“Right…Anyways, what are we going to do when we get out there?”

“You have your fake ID?” she asked.

“Not on me. But yeah?”

“Good, bring it with for the trip. We’ll be clubbing all fucking week. Oh and we got backstage passes to a concert.”

“What concert?”

“Guns N’ Roses.” She smiled.

“No way!” I squealed and embraced her into a hug. “Did I mention how much I fucking love you?”

“Yes, actually you have. Multiple times…. Including today.”

“Good because you should never forget it…” we pulled out of our hug and lay down on her bed. We were both staring at the ceiling and I’m pretty sure she fell asleep as I did the same.

About two hours passed before I was rudely awakened by someone jumping on top of me. I heard Olivia scream as I yelled, “What the fuck?!” and tried getting the heavy wait off of me. I heard the guys snickering in the background. When I opened my eyes I saw that Brian was the one that took a dive on top of me and Olivia. We both struggled to get him off and when we managed to get one arm free we slapped him.

“Ow! Damn…!” he yelled and then laughed, “Took you guys long enough.”

“Do you want to die now, Haner?” I yelled.

“When did you start calling me by my last name?”

“When I felt someone’s fat ass almost crush me in my sleep!”

“Is that a fat joke?” he acted hurt.

“Yea, Brian. You’re a fucking fat ass. Now, get off of me and Joey and get out of my god damn room!” Olivia yelled in annoyance.

Brian fearfully got off of us and ran out in the hall hiding behind the guys. We all laughed as we noticed Brian duck behind Johnny and say, “Don’t kill me! I’m too gorgeous. Take the gnome just whatever you do, do not kill me!”

“What the hell? Now, I’m a god damn gnome?” Johnny said with a hurt tone.

“Awe, John-John we won’t hurt you. And no you’re not a gnome don’t listen to Brian… And Brian stop being so fucking cocky. It’s a big turn off!” I playfully yelled.

“Oh so the truth comes out. I turn on Joey Noel Livingston!” he slyly said.

“In your dreams.” I scoffed.

“But, you just said that when he’s being cocky is a big turn off. So, that means you get turned on by him.” Zacky laughed.

“I know what I said…” I paused not knowing what to say. “Uhg, fine to make you guys wet your pants. I get turned on my Brian. But not all the time, it’s only when he’s sweet and kind… and when he does that stupid grin of his.”

The guys and Olivia laughed at what I said. My faced turned a scarlet color and I hid them in my hands. “Guys, shut up! It’s not that funny! It’s not my fault! You guys all turn me on at some point!” Then they stopped laughing and my eyes went wide to what I just said. I could feel the heat burning in my face and I feel forward into one of Olivia’s pillows and yelled through the pillow, “JUST GO! NOW! PLEASE!” I waited till I heard them all walk out. When I lifted my head from the pillow I looked at Olivia and laughed.

“That was probably the best thing I have ever seen in forever!” Olivia laughed.

“Thanks Olivia. I’m glad you find my embarrassment entertaining.” I bluntly stated. We sat there laughing at what just went on. Olivia’s mom called us downstairs for dinner and when we walked into the dining room the guys stopped talking and looked at me and Olivia until we sat down. It was quiet for a while till Olivia said, “Alright. What’s going on? You guys were all joking around till we stepped foot in the room. So, fess up.”

“Uh… it’s not important right now. We’ll talk about it later.” Matt nervously said.

“Okay then? So, I have a question for Johnny and Matt.” She continued when they looked at her, “Do you guys want to go to Vegas for break?”

“What’s the catch?” Matt said.

“Well, I can’t go unless you go. So, I thought it would be better if I asked you and some of the guys. Zacky said he could go and Joey’s coming with me because we have something planned the day after we arrive.”

He thought about it for a few seconds and said, “Fine, I’ll go.” Olivia and I squealed knowing we’d be able to get to see Guns N’ Roses and when we stopped the guys all looked at us in confusion.

“I can’t go but why the hell are you two so happy that Matt’s coming? Well, I might know Joey’s reason but Olivia what’s up with you?” Johnny asked.

I looked at him with my jaw dropped and finally said, “Johnny I thought we were friends?! And NO that’s not why I’m happy!”

“Then why are you two so happy?” Brian asked.

“That’s none of your concern. You can’t go so you don’t get to know. Matt and Zacky won’t get to know either because it’s a surprise.” Olivia said. They shrugged it off and continued eating.

It was around 8:30 pm when we finished eating. The guys finished early and went back into the garage to finish writing a song before I had to go home. A half hour came around fast and the guys still haven’t come out of the garage, not even to use the bathroom. Olivia and I were getting a little annoyed that the guys were too preoccupied with what they were doing. Fifteen minutes drag by and they still haven’t done anything. I had to be home in 20 minutes so I decided to stand up and see if one of them will take me home.

“Hey, where are you going?” Olivia asked as I got up.

“I’m going to see if one of them can drive me home. I have to be back home in 20 minutes.” I stated.

“Do you want me to drive you?” She yawned.

I laughed, “No, its fine. You should probably get some sleep.” She nodded her head and went back to her room to go to sleep as I went to the garage. When I got inside the guys were sitting in their ‘areas’. Zacky and Brian were sitting on the floor playing rifts on their guitars, Johnny was passed out on the couch, and Jimmy and Matt were sitting on chairs talking amongst themselves writing down words. Matt and Jimmy looked like they were too focused on the lyrics so I went and sat down by Zacky and Brian. They’re eyes met mine as I sat on the floor in between them.

“Hey guys.” I said to both of them.

“Hey.” They said in unison.

“Do you think one of you can give me a ride home? I’d ask Matt but he looks a little busy and I have to be home in like 15 minutes.” I asked.

“Why doesn’t Olivia drive you home?” Brian asked with his focus on his guitar.

“She’s asleep and I guess I’ll just walk then.” I said as I got up. But a hand stopped me in my motion when Zacky demandingly said, “Hold on, you are not walking home. You live on the other side of town. I’ll drive you.” I laughed at his tone and watched him stand up and put his guitar down.

“Goodnight, Bri.” I said. He didn’t say anything back so I kissed him on the cheek and started getting up. When I got up and looked back at him his eyes were wide but he had a huge smirk on his face. “What?” I asked.

He stood up and gave me a hug and whispered, “Goodnight, Joey.” I laughed and pushed him off of me and said, “Tell the guys I said goodnight and that I’ll see them tomorrow. Oh and make sure Johnny gets home safely. And DO NOT do anything rude to him while he’s sleeping. If and when I find out any of you guys did something to him I will personally pay a rapist to come after yours or the others asses. Got it?”

He chuckled and nodded yes after giving me one more hug. I rolled my eyes as I walked out of the garage and into the living room. I picked up my back pack and met Zacky at the front door.

“Ready?” he asked. I nodded my head and we made our way to his car. He drove me safely back to my place and I told him to call me when he gets back to Matt’s. He nodded in agreement and I walked into my house and locked the door behind me as Zacky pulled out of my driveway. About 10 minutes later Zacky called and told me he made it back fine. After we had a short conversation we hung up and I got ready for bed. I stripped out of the clothes I wore to school and replaced them with shorts and a t-shirt Johnny gave me. I looked at the t-shirt before I put it on and laughed as I remember him giving it to me.

Flashback


“Happy birthday Joey!” Johnny yelled as held out a present.

“Johnny, you know it’s not my birthday. So, why are you giving me a present?” I laughed.

“Well, I just wanted to thank you for being you. You’re an amazing friend and I’m proud to have you in my life. Ever since you came around the guys have been picking on me less and you’ve made us happier people. Oh and the guys got you presents as well. But, I wanted to give you mine first.” He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and took the present he told me to open it and I did as he instructed. When I opened up his gift I gasped by revealing a grey v-neck shirt that read “I ♥ my best friend, John-John” I laughed to myself and looked at Johnny and said, “Thank you Johnny. I love it.” I gave him a kiss on the cheek and a hug. There wasn’t that much of a height differences. Just that I was two inches taller. He was 5’7” and I was 5’9” so no need to worry.

When we pulled apart from the hug I decided I wanted to wear the shirt. So, I pulled off my sweater and when it was half way he shockingly spoke, “What are you doing?!”

I laughed and took off my sweater revealing my tank top and said, “Putting on the shirt. Am I not allowed to put it on?”

“No, no, you can. It’s just thought that you didn’t have a top on underneath your sweater that’s all…Sorry.” He blushed. I put on the shirt and smiled down to look at it. When I looked back at him he was all smiles. I laughed and gave him another hug as the bell rang for first period.


*…o…O…o…*


I laughed to myself once more to the thought of that day. The guys also got me gifts but nothing like Johnny’s. Not that there’s weren’t good but John’s was probably my favorite. Brian got me a fedora, Zacky got tickets for us to go see Metallica, Jimmy got made me ‘IOU’ coupons that never expire (let’s just say I haven’t used any…yet), and Matt gave me a silver heart locket (Literally shaped as a heart).

I sighed and grabbed the locket that hung around my neck. Matt didn’t give it to me until he dropped me off at my house. I loved it so much and the words he said to me make me think everyday of what was inside. “Inside of the locket is engraved… but don’t open it yet. I’ll tell you when you can… Thank you Joey, for being you.”

I wear the locket every day. When I think about what he said I always hold onto it wishing I could open it. I’m dying to know what it says. The guys found out about the locket three days after I got it. They made fun of Matt for it but he didn’t care, I asked him a bunch of times what it says or when I can open it and he told me to calm down and to wait. It’s driving me insane. I’ve thought a few times about opening it but I never do because I don’t want to go against Matt.

I groaned whishing it wasn’t this hard. This would be easier for me if he would’ve let me open it that night. What do I have to wait for? Why does he want me not to open it? I shrugged the thoughts of the locket out of my head and buried myself in my bed. I quickly fell asleep knowing that spring break is in a few days. I’m going with Olivia, Zacky and Matt to Vegas. I can’t wait for it. I get to spend a whole week with three friends…In Vegas. I seriously can not wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe!

Tell me what you think (:
Sorry, for the long wait. I've been a little side tracked. I'm starting a new story where i'm co-authoring with my cousin, Bryanna. Here's a link to the story.... "Forgotten Faces" PRE-SUBSCRIBE (:

Alright, Here are the outfits for this chapter (: