‹ Prequel: Shooting Stars
Status: working on it

Rookie

The Other Side

“Mmmh, Corey, that feels amazing,” I moaned as he nuzzled my neck. I’m sure he was leaving a hickey, but I honestly didn’t care at that particular moment that he was inside me, pumping away, and nuzzling my neck.

“How about this?” he asked as he drove into me deeper, it almost made me scream. The pain was worth it though as Corey made me orgasm. He rode me out until he hit his breaking point. I had a second orgasm with him and we then fell asleep.

I awoke first the next morning next to Corey. I remembered back to what happened last night and smiled. It was amazing.

“Morning,” he said nuzzling my neck once again.

“Morning,” I sat up. “Do you have Ava’s monitor in here?”

“She’s still asleep. I promise,” he kissed me while his hands explored, I then glanced at the clock to see how much time we had until practice.

“Shit, it’s already ten o’clock. We have to be there at ten thirty, you know that. Come on,” I got up and threw on my undergarments and a pair of Corey’s shorts and his dress shirt.

“You look sexy in my clothes,” Corey stated.

“Do you not understand that if I’m late to practice, I’m really on Q’s shit list? I can’t be. It’s the god damn playoffs. Get your ass up!” I threw clothes at him before rushing to get Ava up and ready. I put her in the car seat just as Corey came to the car with an apple for each of us. We dropped Ava off at the Sharp household before speeding to the practice rink. I quickly changed and barely made it on the ice in time for coach’s practice. It was a lot more important then mine and Jon’s practices.
He gave his speech about things to improve on before he let us do our drills.

“Sophie,” he motioned for me to come over so I did and awaited his voice. “You were cutting it close this morning, problems with Ava?”

“Unfortunately, no. Corey and I both overslept.”

“Neither alarm went off?”

“Nope, it was weird to have Ava get up so late too.”

“Well, work hard and no fights like yesterday or you will be benched. Understand?”

“Of course,” he told me to go so I skated to the forwards group to work on drills.

The series went by quickly. We swept the Pens and there was to be a game seven for whoever was to be our next opponents. So we had time off. I took that time to try and break up with Sidney, but failed every time. Corey basically considered me his girlfriend and I was between a rock and a hard place. Sidney was staying in Pittsburgh until the second series started which was when he decided he would be at the rest of my games.

It was the night we learned our next opponents that Corey and I got into a fight.

“You haven’t broken up with him? Why the hell not? We are happy, aren’t we?”

“Yes, but I’m not the kind of person to break up with someone over the phone. I can’t do that to anyone!”

“Well, maybe we shouldn’t be together then.”

“You’re right. We shouldn’t. Oh, and I’m moving out after the playoffs.”

“Fine, you’ll do what you want anyways. Good to know these things first, huh.”

“Go to hell,” I said as I ran down the hall to grab my keys so I could get Ava from Abby’s. I ended up crying for a few minutes in her driveway before going in.

“What’s wrong?” Abby quickly asked. She was currently pregnant with baby number two and looked huge, not that I would ever tell her that.

“Corey and I aren’t together anymore and we won’t ever be because I’m going to accept Sidney’s proposal.”

“Sophie, no rash thoughts now, come on, heartbreak doesn’t lead to love,” she said as she motioned for us to go to the couch so she could rest.

“I already love Sidney. I just loved Corey differently, hell; it could be brotherly-sisterly love for all I know.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive,” I lied and put on a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
For my thirteen subscribers that I hope will finally comment since I'm doing a two-a-day update today.
Abby
Sophie