Status: I got it mostly laid out :)

Just the Five of Us

He Heard Me

I finished tightening the bandage on Ray’s arm. He winced as I clipped away the extra bandage. I actually kinda liked the smooth slice motion of the scissors, I would have told him except his expression said that if I enjoyed my face I would keep my mouth shut.

“All done,” I told to sour faced boy with a bent wing, bruised ribs, sprained ankle, and I think if I continue we’ll be here all day.

Shean wasn’t as bad, Darren was patching him up while Crystal and Adrian sat silently watching.

Crystal had finally shut her mouth. She sat on the log with a dark expression watching Darren flit around Shean who was scowling so hard I thought his perfect eyes might pop out. Her normally perfect hair was disheveled, and her frown was firm and dirt was smudged on her face but behind everything she looked very scared. She still didn’t have any answers to her various questions.

Why does he have cat ears…why are his eyes red…why do they have wings…who was that freak back there…WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Things like that.

For once I didn’t feel like I needed to impress her and show her I wasn’t a looser. I felt like I was on an equal plane. I mean she was gorgeous, but I knew what was going on, I was calm and trying to be useful. But I was also just as confused as she was about some things. Like exactly who that freak had been that had been smirking at us and talking about cuddle toys.

Ray swore as he lifted himself up. He stood hunched over himself for a moment before h slowly stretched out his left wing.

There was a sicken snap. I instantly was at his side but he looked smug.

“There goes one kink,” he muttered before stretching out the other one. I winced as it snapped as well. He slowly beat them up and down causing wind to ruffle my bangs and a leaf to fly into Adrian’s face.

“Ow,” he finished before flopping back onto the log.

We were just outside the camp; only one group had showed up yet from the map test. According to Darren it was still about four hours until they actually started expecting people. The test literally lasted all day.

“Okay, now that you’re both better,” Crystal started angrily, “Could you explain?”

Darren turned to me with a worried look, “Are you sure you don’t need anything Kristin, you ran pretty hard?”

I nodded, “Don’t worry about it Darren, I’m not hurt compared to these guys.” I ruffled up Ray’s hair with a smile.

He looked up at me and smiled softly. I smiled back before looking up at Shean. He was watching me with a narrowed eyes and a calculating expression.

“Hello!” snapped Crystal with venom dripping from her voice, “Tell. Me. Now.”

I nodded looking at Shean, “Who exactly was that? What did he want?”

“NO,” snapped Crystal, who was seriously beginning to grind on my nerves, “Tell me why you guys look like you should be in a freaking comic book.”

Shean eyes flitted away from me to Crystal. He glared at her hard.

“You’re lucky to even know that we exist so shut your mouth and wait your turn,” he hissed.

“Oh and she is luckier than me?” Crystal growled back.

Shean suddenly smirked at her, “She has priority. Sorry, it’s what happens when someone else has more to them than you.”

I practically floated with pride and I thoroughly enjoyed the flames sprouting from Crystal’s head.

Shean’s smirk dropped and he looked back at me, “That was an Alcove prince. The vampires are separated into sects, each sects has territory spanning across several thousands of miles in the U.S. there are currently seven sects. Adrian belongs to the DashHock sect. they are a subtler sect than the Alcoves. They prefer, less noticeable methods for everything. But Alcove, especially their princes are not careful enough.”

I nodded slowly listening carefully.

“Wait, what?” Crystal asked but Adrian raised his hand and she shut up. Her face was still slightly pink from where he smacked her before.

Shean shot her a glare before continuing, “That was Damon, he’s known for being spoiled and a partier. He wants what he wants and if he doesn’t get it all hell breaks loose. He’s dangerous; despite being spoiled he’s smart.”

I sighed, “Adrian, if he was a vampire why didn’t you fight him? I mean you probably knew all his weaknesses. I’m just curious, you too Darren.”

Darren’s lips twitched with amusement, “Well, nekos are actually in the same strength range as humans. We are stronger than the average man, but we don’t match up to the dark bloods.”

“Dark bloods…”

“Creatures like demons, vampires, reapers, so on,” he explained, “Humans and nekos are brown bloods, there are others but I don’t think now is the time.”

I nodded and looked at Adrian.

He yawned and shrugged, “If I attacked him it would mean war. I’m a prince, he’s a prince. You have no idea how much I wanted to though.” He reached out and pulled me down to his level, his arm locked around my neck and suddenly I was being furiously brain rubbed.

“No one hurts my Kristin! Not even snot nosed princey boys, not including myself,” I could hear him smirking.

“Hey Adrian, stop,” I squirmed trying not to laugh.

“Hehehe,” he chuckled in my ear before letting go.

I pulled away from him and tried to fix my hair. Then, what he had said sunk in.

“You’re a prince?!” I shrieked.

A smirk crossed his face, “You didn’t know?”

My jaw nearly hit the floor, “You’re vampire royalty? And you didn’t tell me?”

“Hey, don’t get just me, Ray and Shean did the same thing!”

I whipped around and both boys looked in opposite directions. I glowered at them, “You could have at least told in the beginning.” I muttered darkly.

Shean looked back at me and smiled one of those rare genuine smiles, “It just isn’t important to us. We weren’t purposely keeping it from you.”

I raised an eyebrow but Shean’s smile sank into my bone and I couldn’t help but nod and forgive. All while noting the glow the sun put in his hair despite it being full of dirt and leaves. He was so…pretty. I wanted to touch his hair so bad.

I looked away before I humiliated myself.

“So anymore questions?” Darren asked his tail flicking about casually. That was a cute little feature that I just couldn’t get over; and his ears too. They roved about just like real cat ears. He was so adorable.

He frowned at me, “What?”

I giggled and covered my mouth, “You tail is just adorable.”

Adrian burst out laughing and Ray snickered. Darren’s ears drooped in embarrassment and he gave me a pained smile, “Thanks. I guess.” He went a little red and looked away with a grimace.

I shrugged it off and asked my final question, “How did you know to come?” I asked.

“Shean called us,” Darren explained.

I looked over at Shean. His face was in a soft thoughtful expression.

“You called me didn’t you?” he asked calmly.

My eyes widened, “Y-you heard me?” if I was correct Shean had been station to almost the exact opposite of my beginning point. There was no way he could have heard me.

He smiled slightly, “Of course I did, you were very clear you needed me. So I came.”

Silence.

I went a nice shade of tomato and let my hair droop in my face.

“Damon’s gone for now, but he’ll be back, we’ve denied him his little cuddle toy,” Shean sighed angrily and rolled his eyes, “Kristin, you should tone down whatever it is about you that attracts the all these bad people.”

I gave him a confused look and he smirked widely.

“Adrian, Ray, Darren," he said slowly the smirk widened, “Me.”

“….”

Adrian began to snicker and I felt hot to my roots. Jerk, what was he playing at?

“What?” Crystal who had managed to keep her trap stuffed this entire time demanded breaking the embarrassing silence.

Shean rolled his eyes and turned to her, “Since a mind erasing spell is beyond my magical capability we will have to tell you everything.” He sighed and she scowled.

“I am a reaper, Darren is a neko, Ray is a dark angel, and Adrian is a vampire…”
_____________

The sun had dropped over the edge of the trees and I returned from an awkward embarrassing conversation with Mr. Arty, Jake, David and Crystal.

Jake was swearing so hard and so loud screaming about murder, rabid bears, and evil camp counselors while David talked calmly and carefully. He looked shaken and scared despite his calmness.
Crystal and I were considered heroes for escaping the bear and making it back to camp in the same day. But other than that no one else seemed to care we had almost been eaten. The boys were punished for ditching their groups and had no dinner tonight and extra chores for the next week.

Crystal and I stopped outside cabin four.

She turned and faced me, “You are one lucky bitch you know that.” she said angrily.

I frowned at her.

“You’re pretty smart and apparently you can be heard over the cosmos when you cry for help,” she sighed angrily.

Who are you and what did you do to Crystal?

I didn’t say it out loud. I just didn’t say anything.

She gave a ragged sigh then smiled at me slightly, “I guess you’ve always been that way. Goodnight Kristin, see you tomorrow. Say goodnight to Shean and the others for me.”

She turned and slumped off leaving me stunned.

I turned and opened to door to my cabin trying to dissect her words hidden meanings. There was no way she thought that. But the look in her eyes had been of defeat instead of malicious humor.

I stoped in the door way and my tumbling thoughts were blown out of the window with shock.

Darren had Adrian pressed up against a wall. They were crushed together and Adrian was pulling at Darren’s shirt.

Their lips were locked together.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY, update.
COMMENT SUBSCRIBE! Tell me what you think of the new cover!
Thank you ;)