Ghosts

Chapter 18

"Stop!" I yelled walking towards him. He threw it at my stomach and I doubled over. I was crying now, I could feel hot tears streaming down my face.
"You did this!" Dylan yelled walking away from me pulling at his hair.
"What are you talking about?" I said my vision blurred from crying. He turned back to me and hit me in the face with his hand. I fell onto the coffee table knocking the wind out of me again. I was openly sobbing now, I was scared out of my mind. He kicked me again and I slumped to the floor. I tried to crawl away but he dragged me back to him.
"John dying is your fault!" he yelled. He was straddling me. I kneed up hard hitting him in the groin. He fell over holding himself. I ran to the door but he somehow got there first. He blocked my way and grabbed me again. He threw me almost across the room and I hit the couch and fell over the back of it. I got up and he was next to me again. He raised his hand to hit me again but I was quicker. I punched him square in the jaw and his head spun, knocking him over. I touched my face and removed my hand red with blood. He got back up and wiped the blood from his lip.
"This isn't my fault!" I yelled at him. The people in the other rooms could probably hear us and I was surprised no one had called for help. He grabbed me and threw me down onto the table which broke from the force. The wind was knocked out of me, I struggled to catch my breath.
"If you hadn't ... you seduced him. Because of you he's dead. It's your fault!" Dylan screamed kicking the couch. I tried to get back up but ended up rolling over out of the debris. I pulled myself up using the couch and steadied myself.
"I was trying to help you Dylan. You were about to be attacked and for some reason I couldn't let that happen so I jumped in front of you and I got shoved out of the way. I fell to the ground and John stepped in front of me to save me. Dylan I was trying to protect you, next time I won't" I said to him crying.
"I wish I had let you die. I wish I had never saved you, none of this would have happened if I had just let the events run their course" he said voice calmer than before. I just froze there. I shook my head and looked at the floor. I looked back up at him after a moment.
"You know what why don't you just kill me know huh? It will make everything better wouldn't it. I don't care Dylan, just kill me" I said defeated. He just looked at me.
"Do it!" I screamed at him. He just stood there unmoved.
"No. It's too late we have to finish what we started" he said. I ran past him and towards the bedroom. I got in but didn't shut the door. I collapsed on the bed and cried. Everyone was dead and I was stuck with him. I didn't know where to run because I knew I needed him to protect me. Those things were after me now, I had no where to go. I had to stay with him. I felt the sticky blood begin to dry on my face and I got up to wash it off. I walked into the bathroom and grabbed a towel. I felt bad using their white towels to clean the blood and grime off my face. I cleaned my face and noticed the bruises starting to form. I lifted my shirt and saw huge welts where Dylan had kicked me, there was also a giant cut where I had hit the table. There was a knock on the door. I looked in the mirror to see Dylan. I was done fighting and I didn't want any more bruises. He walked over to me and grabbed the towel from me. He ran it under the water and started to clean my back for me. The tension between us was incredible. We were both breathing heavy and his touch made me flinch. After he was done he left just as silently as he had come.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment:subscribe

yes i know this is a bit over the top but (and i don't mean to sound like a bitch) it is my story and i had this vision in my head about them getting into a massive brawl. i wanted to show how corrupt Dylan is and how even after all that he helps her. i wanted to make clear that angels are not always good. i promise this is not just to be over the top and out there i had a purpose for it :)

thank you for reading