Status: Active

When the Moon Fell in Love With the Sun

Chit-chat and Coronas

I followed Brendon back to the front of the bus, where there were now seated three other young men. I froze and stood speechless as four new pair of eyes examined me carefully.

“Guys this is Lucy, our assistant.”

I nodded after Brendon’s introduced me.

“Oh hello there, I’m Ryan.” the youngest looking one said.

“Jon” said the one sitting beside him.

“Hey. Spencer” greeted the one seated farthest away.

I was immediately asked tons of questions, like where I lived, if I liked their music followed by some really weird ones like, if I walked barefoot. They seemed to be a group of pretty interesting young men.

“So, Lu….is it ok if I call you that?”

I looked in Brendon’s direction from my spot next to Spencer as he waited for my approval of the just mentioned nickname.

“Ahh, yeah. It’s ok.”

He smiled before continuing with his question.

“Do you mind getting us some drinks?”

It was like a reality check. A harsh one, that hit me hard. After all the chit-chatting and laughing I had forgotten what I was really here for.
Assisting them.

“Sure. What would you guys like?”

“Uh some beers….Coronas, if you can”

I nodded and made my way out the bus doors.
Walking down the parking lot towards the mini-market across the street, I could feel the heat from the pavement increasing. This was going to be one hot summer.

After finally deciding on two six packs, I made my way back to the bus and had quite a struggle opening the door.

“Oh, let me help you with that.”

Spencer thankfully noticed I was trying to open the doors and took one of the packs.

“Thanks a lot. You want one?”

I shook my head after over thinking it. I wouldn’t mind having one or two, if I weren’t working.

“Hey guys the beers’ here!”

Seconds later Brendon was taking the bottles from Spencer and heading back to the back of the bus.

“Are you sure?”

I nodded at Spencer, handing him the other pack and watching him disappear into the back with the others.

I was resting on the couch in the front when the doors opened and who I assumed to be the bus driver stepped in.

“Hello. I’m David the driver.”

“Lucy. Assistant.”

He nodded before asking.

“Are the guys on board?”

I nodded back.

“Ok, well. Looks like it’s time to head off”

I watched through the window as we abandoned the crowded Sin city.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment / feedback please