Be Quiet You Might Piss Somebody Off

Number Seventeen

The next morning, after waking up and getting dressed, I realized that I had left something at home. And that something was a photo album full of pictures of me, my sister, my parents and the rest of our family. And I really, really needed it. It was the one place where I kept pictures of my mom and dad. Whenever I needed to see them, I'd go get the album and look at them for hours, just thinking about how happy we all were. Our life had been pretty much perfect. Ashley and I were best friends and we were a really close family.

I decided I would go and get the album right away. Jimmy was at some meeting with the rest of the band so I just walked home. It wasn't that far away anyway. So after walking for fifteen minutes, I saw our house. It looked exactly the same. I kept walking until I was at the front door. And then I stepped in.

The whole house was quiet and smelled like beer. Eww. I walked quietly up the stairs into (what used to be) my room. The whole room looked exactly the same what it had looked like when I left. And I was glad, because I was almost sure Ashley would throw my stuff out and burn them or something like that. I walked to my bed and got down on my knees. I looked under the bed and saw the album. I sighed in relief as I pulled it out and held it in my hands.

A moment later as I was walking down the stairs, I heard the front door open. Shit. It was Ashley for sure. I quickly and as quietly as possible made my way back up the stairs and into my room. I heard two people walk up the stairs and into Ashley's room.

”Can you believe it? Amanda is such a bitch. How could she do that to Michelle?” I could hear Ashley saying to someone. My eyes went wide.

”I know. She doesn't think about anyone but herself,” I heard the other person answer. It was Val, Michelle's twin sister. Damn. Why did everyone hate me suddenly? It wasn't like it was my fault, you know, Brian was the one to kiss me first.

”Well I'm glad she doesn't live here anymore. I don't care where she goes, as long as she isn't here,” Ashley said. Then I heard someone close the door and that's when I walked out of my room, almost running down the stairs.

When I finally got out of the house with the photo album, I couldn't have been happier that no one beat me up.

After walking for about fifteen minutes, I finally saw Jimmy's house. I saw a car. And two other cars too. And Brian's car. I started smiling as I reached the front door and opened it with my key (that Jimmy had given me earlier). I could hear a bunch of guys talking in the livingroom, and when I walked into the room, I saw Jimmy, the Berry brothers, Brian and Johnny sitting on the couches and drinking beer. I stopped in the doorway and saw as the guys turned their heads, looking at me.

”Hi 'Manda!” Jimmy exclaimed, ”Where have you been?”

”Oh, I went to... This place,” I said quietly with a shrug. Even though I knew all the guys, I
couldn't help but feel a bit shy. But that's just how I was. I didn't feel comfortable when a bunch of people were staring at me.

”I'm just gonna go...” I turned around and began to walk up the stairs. When I reached the guestroom, I closed the door and let out a sigh. I put down the album and just then the door opened. I saw Brian, who was smiling softly at me.

”Hi gorgeous,” he said with a grin.

”Well, hi.”

”What's up? Are you all right?” He asked as I leaned my back against the wall.

”Yeah.”

”You got all shy and shit in front of us. It was cute,” He said with a soft laugh.

”Oh...”

”Really, Amanda, what's wrong?” He seemed to get a bit worried as he stepped closer, placing a hand on my waist.

”I just... Everyone hates me,” I muttered with a sigh. I ran a hand through my hair before leaning my head against the wall.

”What?”

”I heard... Ashley and Val think that I only think about myself,” I whispered.

”That's not true.”

”Don't you think I know that? Yet, I feel like I fuck things up with everything I do.”

”Well stop feeling like that, okay?” He ran a hand up my side and touched my cheek.

”I... I don't think we should be together now,” I whispered and smiled sadly at him. Now it was his turn to sigh as he ran a hand through his hair and bit his lip.

”That's fucking bullshit, you know? It doesn't matter what people think.”

”Well, maybe it doesn't matter to you. But I've just got beaten up by my own sister and I ruined your relationship with Michelle, so I can't help but wonder what people think,” I told him.

”I love you.”

”Cool.”

”Well give me a kiss at least!”

”Fine, but just one kiss,” I said as he leaned closer. He pressed his lips against mine. And then... Well, we ended up making out on my bed.