Sequel: Second Heartbeat
Status: Active

Changing Your Stars

Ink

“Fucking hell you’re going to break my hand!” Cam cursed as I squeezed her hand tighter.

“It hurts.” I whined over the sound of the tattoo gun.

Cam rolled her eyes at me. “Stop being a little bitch they don’t hurt that bad.”

“The fuck it doesn’t.” I grumbled.

I bit my lip to keep from crying as the pain swelled to an almost unbearable peak. I was at getting my very first, and possibly last, tattoo. After the accident I had been missing Neil a lot and Zacky in a moment of sheer genius had come up with the idea that maybe I should get
a tattoo to represent him. To quote Zacky, “so he’ll always be with you.”

Of course did I do just a little tattoo on my ankle, or shoulder or something like that? Nope. Kinzi the tattoo virgin had Cam draw up this amazing angel wing tattoo for my back. It started almost at the middle of my back, up so that it covered my shoulders and back down my sides to stop at my hips. The center was full of scroll work that looked like hearts and then dead in the center, if you really looked, you could see ‘Neily’.

Another four hours later the tattoo artist sat back. “You’re done. If you want to look at it quick there’s a full length mirror behind that curtain over there.”

“Thanks I think I will.” I said climbing off the chair careful to hold my shirt so I didn’t flash anyone.

Cam, God love her, followed me holding the smaller mirror in front of me so I could see and not have to move my arms to do so myself. You don’t realize how much the skin on your back moves until it freakin hurts like a bitch. “Oh my god.” I breathed as I saw it for the first time.

Cam of course stood there smirking. “Turned out even better than I thought it would.”

I threw one hand around Cam hugging her tightly, ignoring the flare of pain in my back. “It’s so beautiful. Thank you.”

Cam hugged me back careful not to really touch my back. “Come one let’s get you dressed so we can meet Dani and Val at the mall. We have outfits to buy!”

The four of us were buying new outfits for tomorrow night. What’s so special about tomorrow night? Simple it’s the guys’ first real show in an actual club and we had decided we would be the hottest girls in there. How are we getting in? Easy we’re with the band.

I quickly headed back into the other room and let the tattoo guy cover up my fresh tattoo with gooey ointment and a bandage. Once that was done I pulled on my shirt, paid, and headed to the mall. Dani and Val were already there shopping when we arrived.

“I wanna see it!” Dani squealed when she saw me. In typical Dani fashion she started to lift up my shirt like we were at my house not the middle of fucking Hot Topic in the mall.
I swatted away her hands. “I’ll show you later when it doesn’t involve me flashing the whole damn store.”

Val and Cam just laughed when Dani pouted. Sure enough it didn’t last long. Her face lit up and she grabbed my hand. “Come look at the outfit I want to get!”

She dragged me through the store to the very back. “What do you think?”

In one hand she held black leather pants and the other a flirty bright yellow shirt that by looking at how deep the V-neck plunged would show a good amount of cleavage. The color would suit her perfectly and make Jimmy’s mouth water for sure.

I grinned at an unsure Dani. “I think that Jimmy’s going to mess up tomorrow night.”

“Perfect!” She giggled as she headed to the counter to pay.

I browsed the clothing not really finding much of anything I really wanted.

Val walked up beside me. “Yeah I’m not finding anything I really want either.”

“That makes three of us.” Cam chimed in.

Dani with bag in hand joined the rest of us. “We could head over to that cool vintage shop across town. They always have awesome unique stuff.”

I grinned. “Perfect.”

A half hour later we were in a vintage clothing shop called ‘Second Chances’. I tried on a couple of dresses all of them deemed too conservative by the masses. I was standing in the dressing room in nothing but panties waiting for Cam to bring me what the three of them had put together.

I scoffed when I looked at the items she threw over the top. There was a black bustier that sat low enough on my back that it wouldn’t bother my tattoo, tight jeans that were ripped just enough to be sexy not trashy and a pair of four inch red heels.

I sauntered out of the dressing room and struck a pose. What I didn’t expect was a shit load of cat calls. I was mortified when I realized that the guys had shown up. I know I was blushing way before I caught the hungry look in Zacky’s eyes.

“Excuse us guys. We’re gonna be a little while.” He said grinning as he pushed off the wall he had been leaning against and backed me into the dressing room. “Fucking A, are you trying to kill me woman?”

I licked my lips as I tried to think of a safe answer which only got a groan from him. “Sorry?” Was the lame ass answer that came out of my mouth.

“Not yet but you’re gonna be.” He warned before his mouth descended on mine. Our tongues dueled for supremacy as his snakebites bit into my lower lip. I whimpered as his hands grasped my ass, his fingers biting into the soft flesh. He started to lift up my hips and I didn’t need to be told twice. I wrapped my legs around his waist, my arms found their way around his neck in a desperate attempt to get as close as humanly possible.

“Zacky…” I moaned when his lips finally left mine to trail their way across my jaw to my ear.

“I need you so fucking bad baby.” His voice was rough, almost pained against my ear.

He was telling the truth, I could feel the hard evidence of his need pushing against me and God help me if I didn’t need him just as badly. It was a feeling I had been fighting back a lot in the weeks since we’d gotten back together.

I know what you’re thinking. I almost killed myself because he slept with another girl and here I am shoving my tongue down his throat wanting the very thing I had told him I wasn’t ready for. Well here’s the honest truth, almost dying changes your perspective on things. I had a lot of time to think about it all while I was in the hospital, even more so after we finally talked.

I believed him when he said he thought it was me. I can see now why the bitch Michelle had chosen a costume almost identical to mine. She had been planning this, of that I had no doubt. When I stopped and thought about the guy who had held me up I had realized it was the same guy that had been with her when I passed them in the hallway. She had sent him to keep me busy until she had ample time to make sure they were caught. Sure she was denying this, claiming to be innocent, that she thought Zacky knew it was her and not me, which of course was complete and total bullshit. She knew exactly what she was doing, so far I was the only one to see threw her charade though.

I cocked my head to the side giving him better access to my neck. I shivered as I felt his lips on the tender flesh. I was so lost in the passion he was stirring inside me that I hadn’t realized that we had moved until my back came into contact with the wall of the dressing room. Having been caught off guard a scream of pain was ripped from my lips.

Zacky immediately stopped and pulled back looking worried. “What’s wrong? Did I hurt you?”

I shook my head no as tears filled my eyes. “Tattoo.” I breathed through gritted teeth. God damn why did it have to hurt so fucking bad?!

“Fuck I forgot you got that done today.” He said with the ‘I’m such a dumbass’ look on his face. If I wasn’t in so much pain I would find it endearing.

“You owe me 20 bucks fucker their clothes are still on!” I laughed as I looked down. There laid Jimmy on the floor his head stuck under the door to the dressing room we were in.

“Get the fuck outta here.” Zacky growled at the grinning Jimmy.

I laughed but it came out sounding like a wheez.

“What?” The innocent look on Jimmy’s face was priceless. “I’m not the one who made her scream in pain.”

“Rev…” Zacky growled in a warning tone.

It was speak up or go to deaf com five, so I chose to speak up. “As you can see he didn’t hurt me, I’m fine so why don’t you collect your twenty from Bri and let me change so we can get out of here.”

“Sure thing Pix. Man this was the easiest twenty bucks I ever made.” Jimmy said smiling before his head finally disappeared from under the door and we were alone again.

“Babe I’m so fucking sorry I forgot.” Now that I was in less pain I could appreciate the sad little boy look on his face.

“It’s okay really.” I assured him as I relaxed my death grip, my legs sliding down until my own two feet were holding me up right again.

“Miss? Are you okay in there?” A female voice I didn’t recognize asked from the other side of the dressing room door.

I motioned for Zacky to keep his mouth zipped. I highly doubted they would be pleased if they realized my boyfriend was in here with me. “Uhh. Yeah. Sorry. Thought I saw a spider and freaked.”

“Well if you need anything dear just let me know.”

“Okay, thanks.”

“You’re afraid of spiders?” Zacky asked grinning. Evidently he was back to his normal cocky self again.

“Shut it.” I warned with the meanest glare I could manage. Of course, judging by the way the corners of his mouth kept twitching, he thought it was amusing. “So are you going to leave so I can change?”

Zacky got this cocky grin on his face. “If I said no?”

I rolled my eyes. “I’d tell you to keep dreaming lover boy.”

Zacky laughed and my heart did a summersault. He was just so damn adorable when he did that. “Touché. Can I at least see your tattoo before I leave?”

I chewed my lip nervously for a second. To show him my tattoo fully I would have to remove the shirt I was currently wearing and well I wasn’t wearing anything under it since it was more of a bra then a shirt to begin with. I crossed my arms over my so that my hands were up by my shoulder so I could hold my shirt in place. “Can you unhook me?”

His eyes darkened slightly. “Fuck yeah I can.”

I turned so that my back faced him. Slowly he unhooked the bustier as if savoring the moment. I struggled to suppress the shivers that wanted to race down my spine every time I felt his fingertips lightly caressing my skin. Slowly this time, as not to hurt me, he removed the bandage that covered the part of the tattoo I had just had finished tonight. Even his touch from that had my heart speeding up. I sure as hell didn’t dare breathe as I felt him push down the top of my jeans so he could get a look at the whole tattoo.

I watched him in the mirror as he examined my tattoo. “It’s fucking amazing babe.”

I blushed slightly, I don’t know why. “Thanks.”

He looked up, his eyes locking with mine in the mirror. “I can’t wait to run my tongue over it.”

I laughed as I turned to face him. “Okay buster that’s your cue to get the hell out.”

He tried the puppy dog eyes on me. “Come on babe…”

“Not gonna work this time.” I opened the door and pushed him out, laughing the entire time.

I sighed in contentment as I started to get dressed again.

This is how it’s supposed to be.