Sequel: Second Heartbeat
Status: Active

Changing Your Stars

Death Warmed Over

I’m dying, I have to be. I’ve never felt so horrible in my entire life. Groaning I try to roll over onto my back only to realize something heavy is weighing me down. Opening my eyes a crack I realize that I’m no longer alone in the bed. Jimmy is laying on my left, Brian on my right with an arm and leg draped over me. Pushing him off me I struggled to sit up waking both of the boys in the process.

“Good morning beautiful.” A still half asleep Brian greeted me. How in the world he looked good even with sleep hair I had no idea. I knew that I looked like death warmed over for sure.

“Shhhh. Not so loud. My head is killing me.” I said placing my hand over his mouth for good measure.

“Hangovers fucking suck.” Jimmy said as he rolled over onto his back.

“You’re telling me.” I moaned as the throbbing in my head intensified with every minute I was awake.

“Coffee will help. I’ll go make some.” Brian volunteered. I laid back down as he climbed out of bed. Stopping at the foot of it to pull on his shorts and shirt was when I realized he was only wearing a pair of boxers. Great just great, he’ll never let me live this one down.

I pulled the covers over my eyes trying to block out the bright sunlight from the hallway. “Jimmy please close the door.” I whined.

Jimmy, who turned out to be wearing the same clothes from last night, got up and did as I asked. “You held your liquor better than I thought you would Pix.”

“Doesn’t feel like it.” I mumbled from underneath the covers.

Jimmy had the nerve to laugh. “You’ll be fine in a couple of hours. You just need medicine, food and some sleep.”

“Promise?”

“Yeah I promise. Just relax and I’ll go get you some medicine.”

“K.” Was my mumbled response. Next thing I heard was the sound of the door opening and closing softly as Jimmy left the room.

I lay there for a little while trying to convince myself that I wasn’t dying even though it sure as hell felt like it. Then the smell of something burning hit my nose and that’s all it took to get me up out of bed. I raced down the hall to the bathroom, passing Zacky in the process.

I barely made it to the toilet before my stomach decided now was evacuation time. I was sick for what seemed like forever before the spasms finally turned into dry heaves and then nothing. I sat sweaty and exhausted with my head on the cool toilet. My entire body shook from the process as tears streamed down my face.

I didn’t even bother to look up when someone entered the bathroom. Whoever it was kneeled beside me, rubbing small comforting circles on my back.

“Here use this.” Zacky said as he handed me a small cup filled with mouthwash. I took it gladly rising my mouth out. I should be mortified that he was seeing me like this but I felt too horrible to care.

“Thanks.” I mumbled still not bothering to move from my spot by the toilet.

“Come on let’s get you back to bed.” Zacky said standing.

“I’m just gonna die here thanks.”

“You’re not going to die we just need to get you back to bed.” With that strong arms picked me up and held me to his chest. I snuggled into him as he carried me bridal style back to Jimmy’s room. It was funny but I felt safe and cared for.

Gently Zacky laid me down on the bed. “I’ll let you get some sleep.”

I called out as he turned starting to walk out the door. “Zacky?”

He stopped and looked back at me. “Yeah?”

“Can you go get Bri or Jimmy for me?”

He raised a brow as he looked me over. “Why? What do you need?”

I didn’t answer right away. What I needed was a cuddle buddy. I always got needy when I didn’t feel good. Call it a personality fault or whatever but it is what it is. Placing my arm over my eyes so I wouldn’t have to look at him I answered. “I wanna cuddle.”

“Oh...well in that case.”

I expected to hear the door open, not to feel the covers lift up and the bed to dip. Strong hands gently pulled me over to him. “I’m better made for it than those two.”

Zacky’s green eyes sparkled as he grinned down at me and I had a hard time breathing all of a sudden. I could easily lose my heart to this boy if I wasn’t careful. Deciding to live dangerously I snuggled into him, my head resting on his chest.

“Relax.” He murmured softly to me, the sound sending shivers racing down my spine. He gently rubbed circles on my back like he had in the bathroom. The tension seemed to melt out of me as the feeling of security came over me again.

I closed my eyes and listened to the steady sound of his heart beat under my ear. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep yet again.

Zacky’s POV

I had expected her to kick me out of the bed, to insist that she wanted Brian or Jimmy. After all they were her friends and we had just met. But she hadn’t. She had curled up against me and fallen asleep and fuck if it didn’t have me grinning from ear to ear. We had only been laying there for about twenty minutes when Brian came back in.

Brian’s eyes narrowed on us. “What the fuck bro?”

“Dude keep your voice down she’s asleep.” I replied in a hushed whisper.

I started rubbing her back again when Kinz stirred beside me. Luckily she didn’t wake up but she did drape her tiny leg over one of mine and scoot closer. Damn I could get use to this shit. She felt damn good in my arms.

Brian closed the door behind him and walked to the foot of the bed. “I swear if you hurt her Zacky, Jimmy and I will beat your ass down.”

I snorted. Like I was worried about those two. “Not a problem.”

Brian leaned down so I could see his face and he wasn’t playing. “I’m serious. She’s special and deserves to be treated that way.”

Holy fuck Brian liked her. “I didn’t know man. I won’t steal your girl.”

Brian’s eyes trailed over the sleeping female beside me. “You’re not stealing anything. She isn’t my girl.” There was regret and sorrow in his tone. It made me feel like a piece of shit for laying here with her.

“Have you told her?” The ‘how you feel’ part was left off, he knew what I was asking.

“Yeah. She’s not interested in being anything but my friend.”

“Say the word and I won’t be with her.” And I meant it. I would always put my friends before a piece of ass; although I had a feeling Kinzi would never just be that.

Brian shook his head. “Nah I want her to be happy and if that’s for some fucked up reason being with you then…” He shrugged as he looked back over at Kinz before looking back at me. “Your stupid ass better make her happy.”

“I’ll try.”

“You better do fucking better than trying or you’ll have me and Jimmy coming for your ass.” Brian was serious. How the fuck did such a small girl get those two wrapped around her finger so quickly?

“Consider me warned. Now why don’t you get the fuck out already before we wake her?”

Brian hesitated for a minute before nodding. “You should get her up in a half or so, so she can get something to eat.”

“I will.”

Without another word he turned and headed out of the room. Shit. What the fuck was I going to do now? One of my best friends liked the same chic I did. And fuck he had met her first. I mean he said it was okay but did that make it okay?

Kinz whimpered in her sleep as she all but crawled on top of me trying to escape something in her dreams. Without thinking I started to hum Nothing Else Matters by Metallica as I wrapped my arm around her tighter. Guess it worked because a few minutes later she was relaxed yet again beside me.

I watched the clock wishing I could slow it down. I knew that this last half an hour would go faster than any other simply because I wanted it to last. Just like I had called it, the half hour went by in what felt like five minutes.

I looked down at the sleeping female in my arms. Fuck she was beautiful. Even with her hair a mess and her face covered in smeared makeup from her crying earlier she was still the most beautiful girl I had ever fucking seen. I would be more then fucking proud to say she was my girl. Shit. What the fuck was up with me? I never got this hooked by a female I had just met. But after hanging with her last night it felt like a whole hell of a lot longer.

I was starting to feel like Kinz was the kind of girl you would never forget. Shit I already knew I wouldn’t forget last night or today. No wonder Brian had fallen for her, he’d spent over a whole month already around her.

A knock on the door pulled me from my thoughts. “Dude Syn’s about to bust this door down if you don’t come out and then I’ll kick your fucking ass for making him. No way I want you fuckers to see me when I’m balls deep.”

I chuckled to myself at Jimmy. “Fucking Christ. I’m getting up. Chill.”

“I didn’t realize you were fucking gay Zacky. I’ll have to let Syn know that you’re not trying to punk that pussy.”

“Fuck you.” I said giving the closed door the finger.

Jimmy laughed. “I’ll pass. But you need to get your asses out here before Syn really does lose it.”

“Yeah yeah. We’ll be out in a minute.”

Jimmy must have believed me because I heard him yelling at Brian to get his panties out of their bunch as he walked down the hall. I turned my attention back to Kinz. God she was just so fucking beautiful. “Time to wake up sleeping beauty.” I murmured. Before I knew what I was doing I leaned down and pressed my lips softly to hers. Fuck me I’m going to hell.