Sequel: Second Heartbeat
Status: Active

Changing Your Stars

From Hell to Heaven

I was standing in line with Rebel and Dani waiting for my food when I heard it, “The pixie hath been found!” Next thing I knew I was being lifted into the air in a tight bear hug.

“God Rev, put me down you’re crushing me you giant!” I wheezed as Rebel and Dani stared at me slack jawed. Reluctantly he did as I asked and I turned to face him. “What do you want?” My voice was laced with the venomous hurt I was feeling.

Jimmy frowned down at me as I continued to walk down the line. “What the fuck did I do?”

I glared at him over my shoulder. “It’s more like what you didn’t do.”

Jimmy cocked his head to the side slightly as he tried to figure out what I was talking about. “You’re mad that I didn’t wash my hands after I took a piss?”

“Ewww. Gross. No.” Wow you really never did know what was going to come out of that boy’s mouth. I heard Cams snicker from behind me. “Don’t encourage him.” I whispered to her.

“I wouldn’t dream of doing such a thing.” I was beginning to think that Cams second language was sarcasm.

“Bullshit.” I grumbled at her as we got to the end of the line.

“Our normal spot?” God Dani had been so quiet I had forgotten she was there. I wasn’t the only one to suddenly notice her, Jimmy looked her over slowly. It was hard to miss the blush the crept up Dani’s neck. I was pretty damn sure that Jimmy hadn’t, at least judging by the grin on his face.

“Why don’t you three come sit with us?” The question was posed to all three of us but
Jimmy never looked away Dani when he spoke.

“Sure!” I turned to stare at Cams. Wow she all but jumped at the chance. Now I know I hadn’t known her for all that long but that didn’t seem to fit with her vibe.

Jimmy smiled his goofy ass huge grin. “Good.”

What I expected him to do was to lead the way, which he did, just not the way you would think. He wrapped his long arm around Dani’s shoulder and the two of them started to walk away.

Dani looked back over her shoulder giving us the OMG look. I was confused while Cams started laughing. “What?”

Cams shook her head. “Dans is on cloud nine right about now.”

I raised my brow at her. Was she kidding me or had I guessed right? “She’s got a thing for the Rev?”

“Is the grass green?”

I laughed. “That bad?”

“You’ll see.”

I laughed. Oh God lunch was going to be fun. Yeah that’s sarcasm you’re sensing. I slowed slightly as we approached the table everyone was chillin at. Matt was sitting with Val in his lap laughing at something Jimmy was saying. Jimmy himself was sitting on the table his feet resting on the seat in the middle of some grand story no doubt. Dani was beside him looking like she had won the lottery. Although guessing from the looks we were getting other people disagreed.

Syn who had been sitting beside Dani, scooted over when he saw me. “Hey Beautiful.”

Before I could respond Cams did. “Well hey yourself sexy.”

I laughed. “Syn this is Rebel. Rebel, Syn.”

Brian gave her his lady killer grin and I swore I saw a flash of shyness from Cams as she averted her gaze quickly. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Rebel.” I fought the urge to roll my eyes at the suave tone he used.

Cams blushed slightly as she took the seat between her sister and Bri. That left the only open seat the one between Val and Zacky. I sat down cause I sure as hell wasn’t going to stand the whole damn time.

Val smiled as I sat down. “Long time no see stranger.”

I shrugged. “I’ve been busy.”

She frowned. “Is everything okay?”

I forced a fake ass onto smile on my face. “I totally hate school.”

Val raised her bottle of water. “I hear that.”

I turned my attention to my apple, picking the skin off it while conversation flowed around me. Jimmy as always was the life of the party and Dani was enamored by him. Syn was busy flirting shamelessly with Cams who was flirting right back. Matt and Val were busy being Matt and Val. Sighing, I finally broke down and looked at Zacky out of the corner of my eye, only to realize he was looking at me. “Take a picture it lasts longer.” Yeah I was being bitchy but I had a reason. I gave him my number AFTER he had tried to kiss me and then never heard from him.

Zacky’s voice was a gentle whisper, “You haven’t eaten anything.”

I snorted. “Like you care.”

“Kinzi.” My name was drawn out so that it was so much more then my name. It was like a plea for a second chance.

“No.” I didn’t want to hear what he had to say. I didn’t want to hear his lame ass excuse for not calling me. I didn’t want to hear that stupid brunette was his girlfriend.

He scooted closer to me so only the two of us could hear the conversation. “I just want a chance to explain.”

I put down my apple and started pushing the food on my plate around with my fork. “Not needed, it doesn’t matter.”

“Hey Zacky.” The brunette I had seen him with earlier said as she sat down on the other side of him.

“Hey Michelle.” I would tell you what the interaction between the two of them looked like except I couldn’t stand to look at them. I stood up walking over to the trash can and dumping my uneaten lunch away. I looked back only to realize no one had realized I had left yet. Okay well it looked like maybe Zacky was looking for me but that’s it.

Zacky said something to everyone and a second later Jimmy was standing up on the middle of the table. “PIXIE! You better not have left me for Peter Pan!”

I groaned as I walked over grumbling. “That’s Tinkerbell asshole and she was a fairy”

“So you like girls?” Jimmy asked still standing up on the table which meant he said it pretty damn loud. All of the people sitting at the surrounding tables turned to look at us.

“JAMES OWEN SULLIVAN! YOU’RE SUCH AN ASSHOLE SOMETIMES!” I fumed. What was this? Embarrass the hell out of Kinzi day or something? I grabbed my bag when he laughed and stormed off. Fuck this! Fuck them! I was overreacting a part of my brain warned, but I couldn’t help it. I was tired of being humiliated by my ‘friends’.

I was the first one in study hall; I even beat the teacher there. As soon as he walked in I let him know who I was so I didn’t have to go through the whole introduction later. I was in a black mood as I took my seat in the very back. It got even darker as I watched Zacky walk in talking with Cams. Great now I had lost my new friends too.

I put my head down and tried to fall asleep. Maybe I could get lucky and neither of them would notice me. Of course, they did. As soon as attendance was done we were allowed to move around. I heard the chair to my left scrap across the floor as someone pulled it out and sat down.

“We really need to talk.”

I sighed and cracked my eyes open to look at Zacky. “There’s nothing to talk about.”

Zacky looked sorry as he sat there his beautiful green eyes searching my face. “I want to apologize.”

I buried my face in my arms again, I couldn’t look at him while we talked about this. “For what?”

“For being an asshole to the most beautiful, fun girl I’ve ever met.”

I snorted. “I’m sure Michelle will forgive you.”

When I looked at him, Zacky’s brows were furrowed together in confusion. I hate to admit it but damn it to hell he looked cute like that. “Michelle? What the hell does she have to do with me not calling you?”

“Isn’t she the reason you haven’t?” I was proud of myself. I sounded cool and calm not the mess I was inside. I’d be lying if I said he didn’t affect me even when I was mad at him. My heart was racing as I sat here trying to act like none of this mattered to me.

“Oh shit. That’s what you think? Michelle is just my friend. Kissing her would be like kissing my sister.” He shuddered as if the very thought made him want to hurl.

If he didn’t have a girlfriend then why did he not call me? “Then why didn’t you call me?” I meant for it to come out hard and angry not sad and hurt. Damn it to hell.

Zacky sighed as he wiped his hand down his face. “I had to make sure Syn was okay with it.”

Now it was my turn to be confused. What the hell did Bri have to do with any of this? “Why wouldn’t he be?” I mean why wouldn’t he want me and Zacky together? They were close friends and so were Bri and I.

Zacky flopped back into his seat staring at the wall in front of us. “You really don’t know, do you? Fuck I knew he was lying to me.”

“Know what?” When he didn’t answer I grabbed a hold of his chin and forced him to look at me. “Know what Zacky?”

He was debating something; I could see it in his eyes. Finally he seemed to make a decision. “Brian likes you.”

“Yeah and?” I said not understanding what Bri and I being friends had to do with anything.

Zacky sat forward leaning close to me. “No Kinz, he likes you.”

I sat there stunned. He what?! No way, no fucking way! I sat there thinking of every interaction we ever had his actions taking on new meaning. Oh shit. I blinked up at a quiet Zacky. “But I don’t like him like that.”

“Yeah he knows but still I couldn’t steal my friend’s girl away.”

Oh God. Zacky hadn’t called me because he was afraid it would hurt Brian. Well didn’t that just change everything? “So that’s why you didn’t call.” It was a statement not a question.

Zacky laid his hand over mine, the bad boy grin that caused my heart to race turned his full lips up at the corners. “It sure as fuck wasn’t because I didn’t want to.”

I blushed at his words, I knew it. The blush deepened as he leaned forward. Oh God he was going to kiss me, here, in class! He reached up cupping my face and my eyes fluttered closed. His lips were soft but firm against mine, his snake bites pushing into the softness of my own lips. It was a different feeling from any kiss I had ever gotten but I liked it, a lot.

He tilted my head as his tongue pressed against my lips seeking entrance. I opened up for him and the kiss skyrocketed into something much more passionate.

“Zachary!” Was bellowed from the teacher at the floor of the room.

But he didn’t stop kissing me right away. It did however, kill the passion that had been building between us. The kiss ended abruptly when the teacher yanked us apart. Zacky was smirking as he looked at the goofy grin on my face. Whoa momma that was hands down the best kiss I had ever gotten.

The teacher was so angry his face was red. “I told you I wasn’t going to put up with your high jinks this year Mr. Baker. You just got yourself a one way ticket to the principal’s office.”

Zacky didn’t even bother to look at the teacher as he gathered his stuff. “It was fucking worth it.”

I blushed profusely as the teacher pulled on Zacky’s arm. “Move it Baker.”

He yanked it out of his grasp. “I’m fucking going already.” The whole class room watched him leave. I had to fight back a giggle when he stopped in the doorway and grinned back at me before disappearing through the door.

“You’re new so I’m giving you a warning. You stay away from Mister Baker and his group of miscreants.”

I snorted as he walked away. What the hell ever. No way was I staying away from that boy. He had kissed me, KISSED ME! I was still floating on cloud nine from it and wondering when it was going happen again.

All of a sudden a piece of crumbled up paper hit me in the side of the head. I looked in the direction it had come and realized Cam had thrown it. ‘Read it.’ She mouthed as I looked at her all ‘wtf was that for’?

I opened it and found rather sloppy handwriting I could see coming from Cam. OMG! HE JUST KISSED YOU!!! WHAT THE HELL?! I WANT DETAILS AFTER CLASS!

A huge grin lit up my face as I remembered the kiss from a few minutes ago. I nodded and mouthed ‘okay’ all but jumping up and down in my seat. The day from hell had just officially turned into the best day of my life.