Sequel: Second Heartbeat
Status: Active

Changing Your Stars

Band Practice

I pulled up to Matt’s house at about 6 pm. I know you’re thinking what the hell took you so long, right? Well it seemed that Uncle Will heard about Zacky and I getting ‘friendly’ during study hall and well he wanted to make sure I’m protected. Insert groan here. Yeah we had THAT talk, like I didn’t know about STD’s and teen pregnancy and all that jazz.

I tried telling him that this all wasn’t necessary. I had NO plans to do the horizontal mambo with Zacky or any guy for that matter. I wasn’t ready, I knew this. Okay most days I knew that, other days my hormones ruled the day and I kinda forgot for a little while.

But I’m getting off topic. Uncle Will wouldn’t let me leave until I agreed to go to the doctor’s the following day to get birth control AND gave me a condom ‘just in case’. He even made me promise to always make the guy wear one. Can we say ‘way embarrassing awkward moment’? Yeah, thought so.

So anyway here I am at Matt’s house now suddenly thinking about things I hadn’t been earlier. Like whether or not Zacky was a boxer or brief kind of guy. Hmmm…maybe boxer briefs? I mentally slapped myself. I needed to get a grip on myself, like NOW.

I jumped when there was a sudden knock on the car window right by my head. “The Pixie hath finally arrived!”

It was just Jimmy thank God. I climbed out of my car punching him in the arm. “That’s for scaring me and that.” I punched him in the stomach. “Is for abandoning me this morning.”

Jimmy pouted rubbing his stomach. “Zacky’s right you almost hit like a dude.”

I rolled my eyes as we walked towards the back of the house. “You’re just a bunch of nancys.”

We walked in silence a while but in true Jimmy fashion it didn’t last long. I swear that boy had something against silence. “Sorry about this morning Pix.”

I shrugged. Lucky for old Jimbo I get over things quickly. “Where the hell were you anyhow?”

“Syn stresses over his appearance almost as much as a girl. I swear he almost asked me if his jeans made him look fat.”

I barked out a laugh. Yeah I could totally see that. “So you were late?”

Jimmy grinned. “Have the pissed off parents to prove it.”

I shook my head grinning. “Only you would be proud of that.”

He tapped me on the nose. “You know what they say…a little trouble a day keeps the doctor away.”

“Ummm. I’m pretty sure that’s an apple.”

Jimmy snorted. “That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard since someone tried to tell me rainbows aren’t made of skittles.”

The entire way we walked I could hear the sounds of guitars getting closer and closer. “Just what are we doing tonight?”

Jimmy grinned. “You get a private concert.”

I raised a brow at him as he jumped in front of the garage door. Throwing his huge wingspan of arms open he said dramatically, “I give you….AVENGED SEVENFOLD!”

When he stepped aside I could see that Zacky, Bri, Matt, and some other dude where crammed into the small garage. Zacky and Bri both had guitars, Matt had a mic, the other dude had a bass and the drums I knew belonged to Jimmy. Val was sitting on one of those plastic milk carton thingys. Without being asked she volunteered, “I’m their manager.”

“Sweetness.” I said looking around the place. It was nothing special just your average garage, if of course your average garage was filled with everything you need for band practice.

“Your throne.” Jimmy said with a flourish as he sat down another milk carton beside Val for me to sit on.

“Why thank you kind sir.” My fake southern accent was horrible but I batted my eyelashes and played shy with the best of them.

With that Jimmy took his place as I took my seat and they began to play. I sat amazed at how good they were. Now granted all the screaming wasn’t exactly my thing but I wasn’t paying much attention to Matt. My eyes were glued to Zacky. He was amazing. I watched as his fingers easily moved over the guitar strings coaxing them to life. I sat there in awe watching him play the instrument effortlessly.

God if I thought he was hot before, he was…I don’t know what with that guitar in his hands. I mean I’ve always liked guitar players but Zacky…he was just on a whole nother level. Add to that, that I already had sex on the brain by no fault of my own and you know what dangerous territory I was in.

“You guys are fucking AMAZING!” I gushed when they finished playing the song. I was so caught up in the energy from them playing that I almost wanted to jump up and down just to rid myself of it. “I mean like you really could be rock stars some day.”

All of the guys beamed at me obviously glad that I liked it. Jimmy threw a drum stick at me. “Not could, will. We WILL be rock stars; it’s just a matter of time.”

I held my hands up in surrender. “Of course, of course that’s what I meant. But that does leave me with one question…what am I?”

The grin on Zacky’s face was extremely wicked and naughty. “My first groupie.”

Bri looked at Zacky, his eyebrow raised. “Don’t you mean our first groupie?”

“Yeah sure.” Zacky agreed a little too quickly for anyone to believe he meant it.

I laughed at the playful exchange between the two. I had been worried about tension but at least for now it seemed there wasn’t any. Okay there wasn’t as much as there had been earlier. I’m betting alcohol is involved somehow. “You know I’m only one girl and there’s like five of you.”

“Four.” Val corrected me, looking over at her man Matt with the ‘mine’ look every girl understood.

I smiled at Val. “Of course, four, but yeah that’s still too many for me.”

Jimmy stood up from behind the drums. “Then go recruit some more! The more young girls I can corrupt the better!”

I couldn’t help but laugh at him. “Wow Jimbo that sounds sooooo wrong.”

“It’s fucking true. Now go find more groupies, you distract Zacky too much being here anyhow.” He said waving me off.

Syn grinned. “So it wasn’t just me noticing how bad he was fucking up.”

“Yeah he was too busy picturing her naked.” I blushed at Matt’s comment. I mean he wouldn’t, would he? I mean we had only known each other for like a week and kissed like twice. Surely his mind hadn’t taken THAT leap yet.

Zacky groaned as he looked at his friends and band mates. “Would you guys shut the fuck up?”

“So I shouldn’t tell her we all heard you calling out her name when you were jacking off earlier?” Jimmy said without skipping a beat.

I chocked. Thank God I hadn’t been drinking or I might have been in serious trouble. As it was I just sat there hacking for a second while the rest of the guys howled in laughter. I guess Zacky and I both being bright red was funny stuff to them. Deciding I’d had enough I got up to leave, if only for a breath of fresh air.

Zacky turned beet red as he flipped Jimmy off. “Fuck you. I did not.”

“Awww. We were just picking on him Kinzi. Don’ t go.” Bri pleaded with me as I started to walk out. Freakin A I hated when Bri used that wounded tone with me. It was my crypto knight for sure. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly before turning around. “I’m coming back. I was just gonna go score ya some more groupies.”

“That’s my fucking girl!” Jimmy hollered from other side of the garage. “Remember I like them tall and blonde!”

I rolled my eyes, my tone thick with sarcasm. “Yes master. Anything else?”

Jimmy thought for a second. “I’d tell ya to get me some forties but you’d never pass for twenty one, even with a fake id.”

I flipped him off as I walked out the door.

I grinned pretty damn wide when I heard Zacky. “Fuck. Was it just me or did her saying master sound fucking hot as hell?”

“Nah I was thinking the same thing.” That was Brian.

“Agreed.” Ewww…Jimmy thought it was hot too? Yikes! No thoughts of Jimmy naked. Eww, ewww, ewwwww.

I pulled out my cell phone and scrolled through my contacts. Finding Dani’s number I hit send.

As always her cheerful voice greeted me. “Hey Kinz, what’s up?!”

I smiled cause she just had that effect on people, even over the phone. “I need you to do me a favor.”

Her tone changed to one of worry. “Is everything okay? Do you need help? Tell me where you are and I’ll be right there.”

My smile looked much like the Grinch’s I’m sure. Dani had played right into my hands without me having to do anything. I gave her Matt’s address and waited for them out by my car.

Twenty minutes later a dark Honda Civic pulled into the driveway. As soon as the car was in park Dani was out of it and by my side. “What is it? What’s going on? What happened?”

Cam got out and walked over much slower, laughing as she shook her head. “I’m sure she’s fine Dans, right Kinz? I mean you look fine to me.”

I nodded. “Yep I just needed the two second hottest girls at school for groupies.” I said fluffing my hair and buffing my nails on my shirt.

“Say what?!” That was from Cam.

“You heard me I was in need of groupies and Jimmy specifically said a tall blonde for him.”

Dani’s mouth dropped open in pure astonishment. “Nuh uh. No way!”

I grinned at her. “Yes way. Now you gonna keep the guys waiting or show them they’ve got the three hottest groupies in all of Huntington Beach?!”

Cam snorted her tone all attitude. “Fuck that, try in all of Cali!”

I laughed and put my hand out in the center of the three of us. “Best fucking groupies ever on the count of three?”

First Cam put her hand on top of mine and then Dani placed her hand on top of hers.

“One….two……three!”

“BEST FUCKING GROUPIES EVER!” The three of us screamed into the night before breaking down into a complete giggle fit.

I lead them to the garage, which was eerily silent. I won’t lie; I was more than a little worried as we approached. Turned out I had every right to be.

All of the guys were standing there with these dumb ass grins on their faces and Val shot
me the ‘I’m sorry’ look. OH GOD. Now what?

Matt was the one to speak and let us in on what was so funny to all of them. “Well if it isn’t the best fucking groupies ever.”

Oh shit, fuck me, they had heard us.