Sequel: My Only One

No Idea That I'm Even Here

Dont Have the Guts to Say Anything

Jack-
As I drove to school I thought about what I said to her “Can we forget the kiss even happened?” I was an asshole. I was about to let her slip away. I couldn’t let that happen. I pulled into the school parking lot. I saw the guys and Aubrey but no Brittany. I walked up to them.
“Hey have you seen Brittany?” I asked. “No.” Alex said. The bell rang to go to class. I took my normal seat. Still no sign of her. I tried texting her.
Me: Hey you’re not here are you okay?

I never got a reply. With each period that passed, I got worried. I kept checking my phone for a text from her. Nothing. It was lunch and we sat at the normal table.
“Jack what’s the matter?” Alex asked.
“Everything.” I said. “I’m in love with my best friend. I kissed her. I told her to forget it happened. Now she won’t talk to me.”
“You really hurt her Jack. She loves you.” Kara said.
“Did any of you talk to her?” I asked.
“No.” They answered. Now I was really worried. She always talks to one of us.
“I’m sure she’s fine.” Aubrey said. The rest of the day passed slowly. I stopped by her house but she was sleeping. At least she’s okay. I went home and did my homework. When I saw her I want to tell her I never wanted to forget our kiss.
I went to band practice after. “Hey Jack?” Rian asked. I looked at him. “Why did you kiss her?”
“Because I needed to. To let her know how I really feel.”
“Why did you tell her to forget the kiss?”
“I was scared I would fuck things up. But I did anyway.”
“Do you think that if you never told her to forget the kiss things would be better?”
“Probably.”
“There you go. Now go fix things.”
I went back home after band practice. I was going to talk to her tomorrow.

Brittany-
Still sick. I thought about Jack. I miss my best friend. He kissed me. But he told me to forget about the kiss. I got a text from Alex.
Alex: how are you feeling
Me: A little better
Alex: you up for some company?
Me: sure :)
Alex: me and the guys will be over in a few
Me: okay

When they got here I expected Jack to be with them. He wasn’t.
“Hi guys.” I said sitting up in bed.
“Hey we missed you today.” Rian said.
“Especially Jack.” Alex said.
“Can we not talk about that?”
“He really does like you. He regrets telling you to forget about the kiss. Jack isn’t Jack anymore. He’s too quiet now.” Zack said.
“I don’t know.” I said.
“Oh there’s a math test tomorrow.” Alex said.
“Great.” I groaned,
“Don’t worry. It’s easy, you know all of it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i thought I'd be nice and do a double post because i havent posted in a while. Comments and subscriptions would be nice ;D