Sequel: My Only One

No Idea That I'm Even Here

Determination

Jack-
I was determined to tell her how I really felt. I wasn’t going to let anything stop me. As I got out of bed I thought about what she was thinking about. Was she thinking about me, like I was about her?
“Jack, breakfast is ready.” My mom called. “Yeah Mom, I’ll be right down. I said. I looked in the mirror and sighed. I walked down to the kitchen.
“What’s the matter?” My mom asked.
“I really messed up Mom.” I said.
“What happened?” She sat in front of me. “Is it Brittany?” I nodded and ate a spoonful of cereal.
“Yeah.” I looked down. “Mom, when we went to the movies Friday, I kissed her.”
“Aw really?” She grinned.
“She didn’t look too happy about it. I ran. Then Sunday I asked her to forget it happened. Now she won’t talk to me.”
“Honey, she loves you as much as you love her. Now that you told her to forget the kiss, she probably feels you don’t.”
“I think you’re right Mom.” I said. “I got to go. Bye.” She hugged me goodbye. On the drive to school I again thought of how I would make things right. When I pulled into the parking lot I didn’t see her car. I saw the guys and Aubrey, but no Brittany. I walked up to them.
“Hey Jack.” Alex said. “Cheer up. Just give it time.”
“I know, but it kills me because she won’t talk to me.” I said.
“Tell her the truth, That’s what’s best.” Rian said. Just then I saw her pull into the space next to me. She walked up next to us and stood next to Aubrey.
“Come with me, I have to go talk to a teacher.” Aubrey said. I went to go follow her. Zack grabbed my arm.
“Give her time.” He said. I sighed.
“If you love something let it go. And if it’s yours it’ll be yours” Rian said. The bell rang and we walked to our lockers. I saw her at hers. I walked up to her. She shut it and looked at me.
“Hey can I talk to you?” I asked.
“I got to get to class.” She walked away.
“We have the same class. Please can I talk to you?” I stepped in front of her.
“No Jack.” She pushed past me and walked to class. She sat between Zack and Rian. I sat behind her. I couldn’t focus at all. I missed her so much. I missed the way she would piss off the teachers with me, I missed how when she laughed her eyes sparkled, I missed everything. Even if she wouldn’t be my girlfriend, I just missed my best friend. My phone vibrated.

Alex: You really miss her don’t you
Me: I do I fucked up it cost me the one thing I love most
Alex: when she’s ready to talk tell her that
Me: I don’t think she’ll ever be ready
Alex: You don’t know that, give it time
Me: the more time I give it the more it kills me bc I know I hurt her
Alex: I know it does, it kills both of you

Brittany-
I didn’t want to talk. The more I was around Jack the more I thought about what happened. It felt like an eternity before the bell rang to go to second period. I walked to the French room to see Jack already sitting in his seat. I sat behind him next to Rian. Alex sat with Jack. Jack turned to look at me. I smiled faintly. We had a substitute so we had a free period.
Alex and Jack turned to face us.
“You look like you feel like shit.” Alex said.
“That’s because I do.” I whined.
“I’m sorry, go home and rest.” He said hugging me. I got a text from Aubrey.
Aubrey: He really is sorry
Me: he kisses me then tells me to forget about it. I really liked him
Aubrey: he really likes you give him a chance, talk to him.
Me: ugh fine.

After the bell rang I went out to my car to find Aubrey waiting for me. “You two need to work it out.” She said. Jack walked up to us.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments and rates