Status: Finished!

Could He Be My Mr. Wonderful?

Chapter Twenty One

KIm's POV.
Two Weeks Later.

"No! Where is he? I need to see him!” I scream into the young woman’s face. They struggle with keeping me held back as I kick and squirm.

She gives me a worried look. “I’m sorry Miss, but you can’t see him right now, you’re meant to be in bed.”

“What the hell are you on about?! He’s my boyfriend. Let me go!” I scream while two more nurses grab hold of my violent arms, tears start to burn my eyes causing me to blink rapidly. I try to wipe them away but I can’t. I simply can’t.

The doctor steps into the room. Before he even opens his mouth to say the words, I know that it’s not good news from the disappointment on his weary face.

Realizing this, I cease my attack on the nurses and sob. I slid down onto the floor my body heavy with winding emotions. If only I hadn’t forced him to come, if only I waited, if only I didn’t distract him. There are so many things I wanted to say and do with him.

He can’t just be gone. Like that. He can’t!

I wail letting out what my heart is feeling right now. “Cameron! No you can’t just go!”

I stand up then the doctor stops me. “Young lady, you probably don’t want me to say this now.”

“Huh?”

Cameron’s POV

****FLASHBACK****
Kim carries out our beautiful kids to the car while I lag behind, pulling along some bags. I smile as she tickles Tamrin’s foot and he laughs. The twins are growing up so fast.

“Hey Cam, you know we don’t have to go.” She calls out.

I scoff. “I think we do. You said so yourself. And plus, I can’t wait to meet your family.”

Kim blushes getting what I meant.

“No, are you serious?” She says loudly replying back to her cousin. She doesn’t even realize she put the phone on speaker. She’s so cute.

“Yeah! But then I said yes because I wanna know if he could be truthful.”

“Which cousin is that?” I mouth but still facing the road.

“Delilah, she’s only fourteen. You’d like her.”

The cousin shouted through the phone: “Kim! Who’s that? Am I on speaker again?”

Kim and I both laugh. “It’s Cameron, sweetie.”

“Oh Cameron!? Hi. Hope you’re taking care of my closest cousin or else I’d have to get my older brother on you.”

With a little chuckle I say: “Don’t worry. I’m like her guardian angel. I’ll never let anything happen to her.” I watch Kim’s reaction from the side of my eyes. She blushes again.

Undoubtedly failing on trying not to stare at her, I move my gaze onto her. Kim doesn’t realize I’m looking once again. She doesn’t realize how beautiful she is either. The long black hair that streams down past her shoulder and genuine smile. No matter how many pretty girls there are in the world, none of them could compa-

Panic rises in her happy eyes. “Cameron! Look out!”

My eyes immediately dart to the road where some animal is jumping around. I do look at the road but a little too late. My hands grip the steering wheel - knuckles white, jaw clenched, nervous and reckless panicking inside - to swerve around the animal.

The last thing I hear is the sound of Kim’s voice screaming my name. I wince at the pain throbbing from my head to the waist to my legs, before all that surrounded me is darkness. I’m scared for my life for the very first time.

****END OF FLASHBACK****
Kim's POV

Cam's body lays still, not a sign of air being sucked though his nose or out of his mouth. But yet the monitor beeps. I sigh in relief but still manage to cry some more.

“Coma? My boyfriend is in a coma?”

Why him? Why not me? All I do is take care of the twins! He works, he cares, he listens, he’s perfect but yet he’s the one lying on that white hospital bed, all pale white and the smile that always appears on his angelic face wiped away.

And nobody knows when I’ll see him full of colour again. The mystery is always painful. But one thing I know is that this is all my fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dear readers,

I'm sorry if it took me soooo long to post this one! But I made it the longest that I could for this one. Hope you guys like it!

<3