Sequel: Emergency Take Two

I'll Be Your Awesome Nightmare

Forgiven

The next week passed extremely slow…for me. I was stuck the hotel room other than going out to the ring with Mike and Maryse. It was killing me. Our on screen characters were falling apart, but our friendship was as strong as ever. And mine and Mike’s relationship was going perfectly. Or so I thought. “I don’t want to stay in the hotel today!” I yelled as Mike packed up his stuff. “Chase every time you are within 100 feet of the Twins you attack them or they attack you. Just stay here ok” He said. I narrowed my eyes. “What makes you think you can tell me what to do?!” “I’m your boyfriend” He said. “Yeah! My Boyfriend Mike. Not my fucking father!” He looked at me and I could see he was pissed, but that was good because so was I. “Well maybe if you actually had one growing up you wouldn’t be like you are now!” He yelled.

I looked at him shocked. “That the fuck is that supposed to mean!?” I yelled. “Nothing!” He yelled before walking out the door and slamming it shut. I felt tears well up in my eyes. Everything was supposed to be perfect. I slowly walked out of the room and knocked on Matt’s door. The only reason I knew it was his was because he had waved to me when me and Mike walked into ours earlier. He opened the door and his eyes widened and he automatically pulled me into a hug. “What’s wrong Chaser?” I smiled at the nickname. “Me and Mike got in a fight. He told me to stay here and I didn’t want to. This is all your stupid girlfriends fault” I said. He moved us out of the hallway and into his room and over to the couch. “Actually I’m not with her anymore. I haven’t been since Monday” He said. I smiled slightly. “I’d say I’m sorry but I wouldn’t actually mean it” I said.

He laughed slightly and I pulled away. “So what happened?” He asked. I leaned back on the couch. “He told me to stay here and I told him I didn’t want to. Then I said he was my boyfriend not my father and he said maybe if I had one when I was growing up I wouldn’t be like I am. I don’t even know what that means” I said. He shrugged “Probably nothing. People don’t really think when they are mad. You should know that” I nodded slightly and messed with my brother’s necklace. “It’s just irritating is all. He’s irritating” I said. Matt laughed and leaned back. “What do you expect? Everything to be perfect?” I shrugged “It was when I was with you, all the way until you went to college” I said. He smiled. “That was like six years ago Chase” I smiled. “Do you miss it?” I asked. “Miss what? Us?” I nodded “All the time.” I smiled “Me too. Mattie. Me too” I stood up. “I’ll see you later. I’m gonna go lay down my head is throbbing” I said. He nodded. “Oh by the way, after our three some team falls apart, I turn face again.” I said.

He smiled and I walked out of the room and back into mine and Mike’s. Matt’s words replayed in my head. He said he missed us all the time. See when I was 14 and Matt was 16 we decided to try and be a couple. And it literally was perfect. Until he turned 18 and went to college. Then we saw so little of each other we decided maybe it would just be easier to be friends. And it was. But knowing that he missed us. Made me realized just how much I missed us too.

Memory

I walked into the park around sunset and sat down on one of the swings. My parents were drinking. Again. It was nothing new. So I decided just to leave. It wasn’t the first time it happened either. Slowly rocked back and forth not really thinking about anything until I felt arms on my back. I screamed and landed on the ground. I turned around to see an amused Matt and stuck my tongue out at him before getting up and dusting my shorts off. “That was completely uncalled for” I said. He laughed and pulled me into a hug and kissed my head. “Why are you out here all by yourself Chaser?” He asked I smiled slightly and sat back down on the swing. “My lovely parents are drinking. It just never happens” I said sarcastically.

He walked around and knelt in front of me and pulled me into his lap. A felt a smile form on my face as he pulled my lips to his in a short but sweet kiss. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer to me as he wrapped his arms tighter around my waist. “I love you Chase” He said. I smiled and placed my lips back on his again before pulling away. “I love you too Mattie. More then anything”

End of Memory

Little did I know that a week months later everything would change when he went to college. I felt tears fall down my face and wiped them away with a slight smile on my face. I heard a knock on the door pulling me from my thoughts and memories and stood up walking over and opening it. “Miss Cassidy this is from management and the creative team.” The guy said before walking away. Those tech boys are so quite and keep to themselves and they never give you time to say thank you before they disappear. I shrugged and walked back in the room shutting the door and walking over to the bed and sitting down crossing my legs.

I opened the envelope and pulled the letter out. Was I getting fired? Cause that would suck! I unfolded it and read the few paragraphs on the paper before I felt a smile form on my face. I got up and ran to the door and opened it just as Mike was about to. I rolled my eyes and walked around him and knocked on Matt’s door relatedly. “What are you doing?” Mike asked. I looked over at him as Matt opened the door. “Why do you care? I stayed at the fucking hotel like you wanted master. Is there anything else I can get you or can I talk to someone?” I said sarcastically. Matt laughed and I jumped and handed him the paper while still jumping.

He read it over before a smile broke out on his face and he pulled me into a hug. “I’m so excited!” I said bouncing after he let go. The letter said that instead of me losing to Kelly the match would once again be an open challenge in three weeks at the pay per view. I actually had a chance to win it, and this time to win it without anyone’s help. It also said that the week after I help Matt when Maryse and Mike are beating up on him which would start an onscreen romance with me and Matt but also with Maryse and Mike. I blinked and stopped bouncing and Matt looked at me confused. “Aren’t you excited, you have a chance to keep your title?” Matt said I smiled. “Yes I’m excited but I just realized…out of the four people I’m the only one who’s name DOESN’T start with an M. What the hell” I said.

He laughed and I smiled. “This is awesome! No pun intended” I said which caused him to laugh harder. “Chase come on, we have to leave early since we are driving tomorrow” Mike said. My smile dropped and I looked over at him. “Didn’t we already have the fucking conversation that I’m your girlfriend not your bitch. Don’t tell me what to do” I said. He narrowed his eyes before walking into the room. “I bet go. But I’ll see you on Monday right?” I asked and he nodded “Defiantly. Why don’t you take a plane, that way you’re not stuck in an awkward situation for some odd hours?” He asked. I smiled “No it’s fine. Besides, He needs to realize I’m not his bitch and if that takes me smacking him a few times, I’m ok with that” I smiled before walking back to my room and threw the still open door and closing it. “What’s your problem?” Mike asked and I rolled my eyes. “I hate people telling me what to do, you really think I’m going to let you treat me like I’m your little bitch and let you tell me what to do? Fuck No” I said.

I walked back over and plopped down on the bed as he walked in the bathroom. I wanted to go to Friday night Smackdown. I didn’t want to stay in the fucking hotel. The positive thing was that I could watch it because it was taped earlier then it went on. I turned the TV on and found Smackdown and watched as Randy and Christian chased each other down. Then Maryse and Mike walked out. And I was all too aware of just how close they were. Granted I trusted them. But it was just confusing. Mike opened the ropes for her and I narrowed my eyes slightly. He never did that for me. I shrugged and crossed my legs and watched and Layla and Jackson walked out. Maryse and Mike won. By cheating but still.

Mike walked out of the bathroom as they hugged on the TV and Maryse kissed his cheek. I blinked slightly and looked up at him. He just shrugged and walked over to the bed causing me to roll my eyes. I grabbed a pillow and one of the blankets and walked over laying down on the couch. “What are you doing?” He asked. “Sleeping on the couch, what does it look like I’m doing? Kissing my pillow?” I asked. He groaned “Whatever” I rolled my eyes and mocked him as I turned the light off. What a prick.

I woke up the next morning to Mike stumbling around. I heard a big thud and reached over turning the light on to see Mike in a heap on the ground. I looked at him amused and he looked up at me. “Not a word.” I bite my lip before I busted out laughing. He rolled his eyes and I bit my lip before standing up and grabbing an outfit and walking into the bathroom. I took a shower and quickly changed before walking out to see Mike texting away on his phone looing flustered. “Don’t take it out on the phone there hot rod” He looked over at me and there was something in his eyes telling me he was hiding something. He stood up slipping his phone in his pocket. “Ready? I nodded and grabbed my suitcase and slung my bag over my shoulder.

We walked down to the rental car and I tossed my stuff in the back and climbed into the passenger seat as Mike got in the divers side and started up the car. He pulled out of the parking lot and I pulled my phone out of my pocket and flipped threw all the pictures. Some of Me and Mike, Some of me and Maryse then a lot of me and Matt. All threw the years transferred from phone to phone so I’d always have them. I smiled slightly when I saw on the Matt took when he was smiling like a moron and I was kissing his cheek. My phone vibrated freaking me out telling me that I had a text. I smiled seeing it was Matt ‘How you doing Chaser?’ I smiled and texted him back ‘it’s a bit awkward but I wanna send you something.’ I hit send then send him the picture with the caption of ‘Remember this?’. I got a reply a few seconds later ‘We were so young. I miss it’ I smiled. ‘me too Mattie’ I slid my phone on the dash as Mike stopped the car. I looked in front of us to see a traffic jam.

I sighed and sat so my back was facing Mike and my feet were on the seat and I could look out my window. I noticed rain drops slowly beginning to slid down the windows and I was just happy we had two days to get to the arena in Washington.

We had been sitting there for almost an hour and the entire time it was silent other than soft music playing threw the radio. I pulled my hat off my head and tossed it in the backseat before leaning my head on the headrest of my seat. “Chase?” I ignored him and continued looking out the window. I noticed a little kid in the car next to us. She had her head resting on the window drawling little shapes in the frost from the rain. I smiled when she looked up at me and I wrote hi backwards on my window and she smiled and wrote hi back. I giggled and we had a conversation for a while threw the window before she grabbed something and then held a paper up to the window. “You’re on TV” I read out loud. I nodded and she smiled. “Can you sign my shirt?” I smiled and grabbed a sharpie out of my bag and grabbed my Hat back out of the backseat and an umbrella and slowly got out of the car. “Chase?! What are you doing?!” Mike called. I waved him off and walked over to the little girls door and she slowly opened it.

Her parents looked back alarmed and she scooted over. I closed my umbrella and climbed in the car with her. “Hi I’m Chase” I said. She smiled. “Cassie” I smiled. “That’s so close to my last name.” I said. I looked at her shirt to see it was one of mine. And smiled before signing it and pulling my hat on her head and smiled. “There! Now you look just perfect, just as much as you did before.” I said. She smiled and hugged me. “She’s a big fan.” Her mom said and I smiled. “I liked you better when you were by yourself and not with the mean people” She said. I bit my lip. “Well I’ll tell you what Cassie, I’ll try my hardest to be the old me. Just for you” I said. She beamed. “But you gotta give me time. But if you believe in me, that’s all I’ll need.” I said. Her parents smiled and she looked at me “Really?” I nodded. “Really, Really.”

I pulled off my extra necklace, not my brother’s, and slid it around her neck. “Promise me something Cassie” She nodded “Anything” I smiled. “Always be yourself. You are a wonderful little girl. But don’t ever lose yourself. Because once you do, it’s so hard to find yourself again. And I would be very upset if you lost yourself” I said. She nodded and looked at my necklace and gently grabbed it. “What are these?” I smiled. “These are my lucky charms. They were my brothers. He was a Marine. He helped protect people” I said. “So was our son” Her father said sadly. I smiled slightly. “Where is he now” She asked. I smiled down at her. “His playing with your brother Cassie, they are the best of friends, you see, we are practically sisters already” She beamed. I slowly grabbed my umbrella “I have to get back to my ride now, but watch on Monday. I have a little surprise for you” I said. She smiled and nodded. I sent her parents a smile before climbing out of the car and back into mine and Mike’s.

I tossed my umbrella back in the back and I watched as the car disappeared down the road as we slowly started to move. “That was nice” Mike said and I nodded. “She was adorable” I said before looking back out the window. We came to a stop again and before I could blink Mike was out of the car. He ran over to my side and pulled me out into the rain. “What are you doing!?” I asked he slammed his lips onto mine and I melted into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled away and leaned his forehead on mine. “I’m sorry I yelled at you, and I’m sorry I was telling you want to do. I just, I don’t want you hurt” I smiled and placed my lips. “I’m sorry I yelled and over-reacted” He smiled and pulled my lips back to his and ran his hands down my sides. “I love you Chase” I smiled “I love you too Mike”
♠ ♠ ♠
i love this story so far