Sequel: Emergency Take Two

I'll Be Your Awesome Nightmare

Carnival

We ended up sitting at a booth in Starbucks. I sat close to the window and plopped my feet up on Mike’s seat next to him as I read. “Dude why do I have a feeling they are turning me heel? Or kinda heel…Hey! I get to team with Mattie, Kevin and Kelly…oh it’s against you and the Bella bitches and Jack.” I said. He nodded. “Yeah” “Well that kinda sucks. Damn it Mike why you gotta be the bad guy. I wanna work with you” I said. He smiled over at me and I smiled back. I shoved my script in my bag “So there is a promo, where they are questioning me, then the bitches come in, then Eve comes in, then Mattie and Kevin then you and Jack and BAM match!” I said.

He nodded and looked at me. “How are you feeling?” I shrugged. “Mah, no pain no gain right?” He smiled “You’re really dedicated to this aren’t you?” I nodded. “Yeah aren’t you?” He looked at me “Not the business Chase. The looks. Maintaining your looks”. “Oh! Well yeah, and I just like the way I look, I mean there are times when I feel like I’m going to pass out because I push myself so hard, but knowing that it’s to do what I love is inspiration enough” I said and smiled. He nodded “I can understand that. Wanna go get something to eat?” I nodded “Yes please!”

We walked out of Starbucks and down the road. “Oh SpongeBob!” I said and pulled Mike into the toy store. “How old are you?” Mike asked. “Mentally or physically?” I asked looking at him as I picked up the SpongeBob stuffy I saw threw the window. “Both” He said. I smiled “Well Physically I’m 24…mentally…I’d saw somewhere between 7 and 13 depending on the day. Right now I’d saw about 9 and a half.” He looked at me and I smiled before walking over to the register and placing my new toy on the counter. I pulled out my wallet and went to hand the cashier my card when Mike lowered my hand and handed her his. I blinked “You didn’t have to do that” I said. He shrugged “I know, but I wanted to. Besides you bought the coffee” I smiled slightly and the lady handed him his card and I grabbed SpongeBob and we walked back out of the store.

We walked on the street just talking and having fun while looking for somewhere to eat when I froze mid-step. “You ok Chase?” I nodded and pointed across the street. “Can we go? Please?! I’ve never been to a carnival! I mean I always wanted to go, and Matt said he would take me, but he never did. Oh please Mike” I asked. He smiled “You’ve never been to a carnival?” I shook my head. “Well what are we waiting for?” I smiled and hugged him “You are amazing Mike you know that?! Just amazing!” I said. He laughed and we walked across the street and he bought our tickets after we argued at the window for 5 minutes.

“I can’t believe you wouldn’t let me pay for my own ticket” I muttered as we walked around. He just smiled. I looked around and my eyes widened. It was so pretty and there were so many colors and people. I spun around and looked at everything. Everybody looked so happy. “You look like a kid on Christmas morning” Mike said. I smiled “This is amazing. I never dreamed it would be this cool” I said. He smiled and grabbed my hand “Come on! You can’t have fun standing in one place” He said. I smiled and followed him.

We rode all the rides and played games and ate popcorn and cotton candy. “Farris Wheel!” I said. I grabbed Mike’s hand and pulled him over to the line. “Where’s the next show?” I asked randomly “I think it’s in San Diego” He said. I nodded and we got in the little cart. The door closed and I guess we were last because it started moving. I looked out of the carnival and smiled. “It’s so beautiful.” I said. “Yeah it is” I looked over to see Mike looking at me and I felt myself blush and I looked back out at the lights. “It’s times like this that I wish I could stay here forever. It’s so amazing and just happy” I said. He smiled at me and I sat back. I held my SpongeBob closer to me considering I was in no sleeves and it was getting cold.

“Here” I looked over at Mike to see him shrugging off his jacket. He moved over to my side and wrapped his jacket around my shoulders. I slowly slid my arms threw the sleeves and smiled “You didn’t have to do that. Now you’ll get cold” I said. He shook his head. “Nah, I’ll be good.” I smiled slightly and the ride stopped and we got off. I didn’t realize we were up there that long. We started walking back to the hotel slowly.

Once we were in front of my door and smiled slightly and leaned up and kissed his cheek. “Thanks Mike. I had a really good time tonight.” I said. He smiled and I opened the door and walked in the room slowly and quietly shutting the door. I turned around to see Matt sitting in front of the TV but his eyes were fixed on me. “Where’d you go? Whose jacket is that? Do you know what time it is?” I blinked slightly. “Jezz Dad calm down” I said sarcastically. “Chase it’s almost one in the morning. Where were you?” I smiled slightly. “I was at the carnival with Mike” I said.

He looked at me. “Mike. Like The Miz Mike?” I nodded. “Yeah, when I was leaving earlier we met up at the elevator and decided to go get coffee then get something to eat, then I spotted SpongeBob then we found a carnival. You know I’ve always wanted to go to a carnival Mattie” I said. I set SpongeBob in my suitcase and slipped Mike’s Jacket off and slid it over the back of one of the chairs and sat down on the couch next to Matt. “I told you I would take you” Matt said and I smiled. “Mattie you’ve been telling me that since we were kids. It’s not that big of a deal. We’ll go next time we see one” I said. He sighed and I placed my head in his lap.

“Don’t worry Mattie. It’s not like I like him. I mean I like him, but I’m not…in like with him” I said. He looked at me and I smiled. “Meaning he is just a friend Matt” I said. He nodded and I rolled my eyes. “So when do we leave? Did you get your script?” I asked. “We leave tomorrow at 6. But we have to fly” He said. I scrunched up my nose and he laughed. “And yeah I got my script. We get a match together!” He said. I nodded “I know I’m so excited!” I said. I stood up and ran over and jumped on the bed. Matt walked over and I smiled. Sleep on the bed with me Matt. It’s not like I’m going to jump you in the middle of the night” I said.

“Well that one time…” “Hey Shut up! I was wasted and so were you! So it was partially your fault to” I said. He laughed and crawled in the bed next to me. I smiled and rolled over so I was facing him. “Mattie You’re my best friend” I said. He looked at me and smiled. “You’re my best friend to Chaser” I smiled and leaned over and kissed his cheek. “I love you Mattie. I see you in the morning” I said. My sugar and caffeine high was officially wearing off. “I love you too Chase” Was all I heard before I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
i like this story!