Sequel: Emergency Take Two

I'll Be Your Awesome Nightmare

Run the Pain Out

When I woke up the next morning Maryse was gone. I shrugged slightly and walked into the bathroom and took a shower. I walked over to my suitcase when my phone rang. I blinked and walked over to see it was Mike and smiled. “Hello?” i felt my smile widen when he started talking. “Wanna go for coffee? I know you and your coffee in the mornings” I nodded before rolling my eyes. “Sure! I’ll be ready in like five minutes.” I said. “Ok! I’ll see you then” We said goodbye and I walked over to my suitcase and picked out an outfit and walked over to the door just as there was a knock on it. I smiled and opened it to see Mike standing there. “You look nice” He said. I smiled slightly and walked out of the room shoving my room key into my wallet. “Thanks”.

We walked to the elevator. “So there are no Starbucks here so will the restaurant coffee be ok? We can eat then go to the gym, since you have a habit of going every Tuesday” He said. I smiled “Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. And sure” He smiled and we walked in the elevator when the doors opened. When we got down to the restaurant. “So is this our date or no?” I asked looking at Mike as we sat down. “Whatever you want it to be Chase” He said. I rolled my eyes slightly with a smile on my face. “How about this is a date, but we have another” He looked up at me and a smiled adored his face. “That sounds like a plan” He said. We ordered our coffee and he order breakfast while I ordered toast.

“Why just toast?” He asked. I smiled slightly. “I always eat toast in the mornings. It is my breakfast!” I said. He smiled. “So how long have you and Matt been friends?” “About 20 years. I met him when I was five and he was seven and I’m turning twenty-five this year. I’m so old!” I said causing us both to laugh. Once our food came I took a drink and smiled. “Yeah, it’s been a long time” I said. I smiled slightly “You seem to have a good relationship with him” Mike said and I nodded. “Yeah, for years he was all I had” I said taking another drink. “What do you mean?” I looked up at him and ran my finger over the rim of my cup.

“I mean that…my parents, they were really what I would classify as parents. They didn’t care much about me or my brother and we basically had to raise ourself, even after I met Matt. They drank and did drugs and basically either yelled at me or ignored me. I spent more time with Matt and at Matt’s house then at my own. When I was 12 years old I started hanging out with people older than me. When I was 15 I got in with the wrong crowd, I basically became my parents. I drank, I did drugs. Granted I didn’t sleep around. But still. I dated random guys and Matt finally had enough of it when I hit 17 I think. He basically told them all to leave or he’d have them arrested. He got me back to being me. He was my rock you know. He was all I had. He got me threw the darkest part of my life. I don’t know what I would do without him.” I said.

He looked at me shocked. “And I’ll kill you if you tell anyone that. Because nobody knows that other than Matt.” I said and took a drink. He crossed his heart and I smiled. “What’s your dream? Not job but if you could do anything, what would it be?” He asked. I smiled. “I’m not sure. I normally take things one day at a time. This was my dream” I said. “What on a date with me?” He asked with a smirk and I smiled. “Actually yes! Once, a while ago I had a dream about you to be honest. But it wasn’t like this. It was random and it wasn’t a date, it was just hanging out with you” I said. He smiled “Nah, but I had this dream when I was a little girl, that one day the boy I was with would pull me into the rain and kiss me and then dance with me. As I got older it evolved to just dancing in the rain whiles Something Corporate played. Because Something Corporate is the best band I’ve ever heard. It would also be an amazing way to make up after a fight. Just like getting stuck in a car together and it starts raining so you have to stop and getting pulled out into the rain saying sorry and kissing and why am I telling you this?” I asked.

He laughed and shrugged “I’m not sure, but it’s nice to see the soft side of you and not the tough girl side.” I smiled slightly. “I haven’t cried in years so you’ll probably never see that. I think as far back as I could remember I’ve only cried 3 times. Once when the boy took my crayons in first grade when I met Matt, When I found out about my brother and when Matt told me he had no idea who I was and me missed me after my little phase.” I said. He smiled. “Well I hope I never have to see you cry” I smiled slightly and nodded “Me either, I look terrible” He laughed and I smiled and finished my coffee. “What did you find out about your brother?” I smiled slightly “That is a conversation for another time. But what about you Mike? What’s your dream?” I asked he shrugged “My dream outside of WWE is just to meet the one girl who is actually worth it. Worth having to give everything up for.” He said. I nodded slightly “But if she is worth it, and you mean as much to her as she will to you, she won’t ask you to give anything up” I said.

He looked over at me and I smiled taking a bite out of my toast. “Well it’s true” I said. He finished his food and stood up. “To the gym?” I nodded. “But we gotta change first. Or well I do” I said. He nodded and we walked back to the elevator after he tossed some money on the table. I went to mine and Maryse’s room while he went to his. When I walked in Maryse was just walking out of the bathroom. “And where did you go this morning?” I asked. She blushed. “Just out” I smiled “With a boy” When she looked away I smiled. “What boy?” I asked as I walked over to my suitcase. I pulled out a work out outfit and shoved a different set into a bag to change later then looked at her. “Come on! Tell me! You’re killing me here” I said. She laughed and I changed quickly and sent her a puppy dog look “Ok! It was Jack” She said throwing her hands up. “Swagger?” I asked and she nodded. “Aw! Come on tell me about it!” I said. “I will later tonight! After our dinner” She said. I smiled and jumped up. “Ok! Promise?” i asked as I picked up my bag and she nodded. “Promise!”

I shut the door just as Mike walked out his door and smiled. “We are in luck, the hotel has a gym” He said. I blinked. “Don’t all hotels?” He shook his head and I laughed as he walked over. I smiled and jumped on his back. He wrapped his arms around my legs so I didn’t fall and walked to the elevator. I jumped down. “I bet you I can beat you down the stairs while you take the elevator to the lobby” I said. He shook his head. “No way! You’re on” I smiled. “Ok! Winner gets what?” I asked. “Winner gets bragging rights and loser buys lunch” He said. I nodded. “You’re on!” I said. “I’ll even give you a head start” He said. I smiled. “I’m not modest! I’ll take it!” I said and took off down the stairs. I pasted Matt, John, and Kevin on the way. “Chase? What are you doing?!?” Matt yelled. “Beating Mike to the lobby while he takes the elevator!” I yelled back as I kept running.

I heard them laugh and looked back and tripped. “Damn it! I blame you guys!” I yelled as I stood back up. I ran in the lobby right before Mike stepped out of the elevator. “Ha!” I said. I leaned against a wall and slid down taking a deep breath. Matt, John and Kevin ran over. “You ok Shorty?” John asked and I nodded. “You’re bleeding” Mike said kneeling down next to me. “I’m good. I trip a lot” I said. I stood up and took a deep breath. “Shit who needs the gym just run down 8 flights of stairs once a day and you’ll be good.” I said. “Chase that was ten” Matt said and I looked at him. “Even more so then” They laughed and we walked into the gym and I smiled slightly. “Ah the smell of sweaty people, it’s just amazing” I said sarcastically. They laughed and I cleaned up my knee and then walked over to the treadmill this time taking a water with me.

Mike stepped on the one next to me. “Long time no see” He said and I laughed while turning the machine on. “I know right, it’s just been forever” I said. “Who do you think will go longer?” I looked up to see John, Matt and Kevin standing in front of us. “Mike, he took the elevator” John said. I stuck my tongue out at him “I agree” Kevin said and I rolled my eyes. “Well I’m saying Chase, not only because she is my best friend and she’d hit me but because the girl can run for 3 hours straight.” I smiled slightly “Thank you Mattie” I turned the speed up to 5 miles an hour and started running. “How do you know she can?” John asked “I’ve done it with her. It was insane. I thought my legs would fall off, then she got pissed at someone and went running again. She has a very high tolerance for pain.” I smiled and plugged my head phones in my ears and turned the band to Something Corporate because talking about them made me want to listen to them.

About an hour later my shirt was dripping with sweat and so was Mike’s. When he slipped his shirt off I rolled my eyes and slid my iPod out of my shirt pocket and under my shirt into my shorts pocket and pulled my shirt off. “Chase!” Matt said and I rolled my eyes. “He did it first!” I said. He rolled his eyes and I smiled before concentrating on running again. My necklace moved with me as I ran and I bit my lip before turning the speed up to 10. “Chase…” Matt said. He had noticed me look at the necklace and I swallowed the lump in my throat and pushed the tears back. It brought back to many memories and talking to Mike this morning about my brother didn’t help at all.

Once we hit the 2 hour mark Mike turned his machine off and sat down breathing heavily. I tossed him the water and Matt, John and Kevin walked back over. “Told you” Matt said. “how…does she do...it?” Mike asked. “Right now, she’s only doing it to push back the thoughts in her head and the memories” Matt said. he walked over and pulled me off the machine and turned it off before pulling me into a tight hug. I took a deep breath and pushed the tears back. We walked back over to the guys and he sat me down and Mike handed me the water. I took a drink and John walked over grabbing my necklace. “Dog tags?” I nodded. “Who is Craig Cassidy?” He asked. “He’s…He was my brother” I said. Mike looked at me and I swallowed the lump in my throat. “I guess it’s another time right?” I asked him. He shot me a small smile and Matt grabbed my hand. “He was in the Marines…He dies when I was 18.” I said.

I felt the tears well up in my eyes. “It’s ok to cry Chase” Matt said and I stood up and shook my head. I walked back to the machine and turned it on before I started running again. It got shut off and few seconds later and I leaned my head on the top of it and took a deep breath. “I understand you have to clear your mind, and working out is fine, but just work on something else please” I looked up at Mike and sighed. I stepped off the machine and he smiled slightly. I walked away from them and over to stair stepper. “We are gonna head back upstairs…you gonna be ok by yourself?” Matt asked. I nodded and sent them a fake smile and they walked out. Mike looked back at me for a second before following them. I waited until I saw them get in the elevator before walking back over to the treadmill and getting back on it and running.

My brother was a very touchy subject and it hurt to talk about him. He was a lot older than me. I went into the Marines when I was eleven. So he was really only seven years older than me. But he was the only family I had. Then a few weeks after my 18th birthday I got the letter and his tags, I haven’t taken them off since. It was also the last time I talked to my parents. After that I went to school for wrestling and hadn’t talk to them since. I hand clutched the dog tags as I pushed myself harder. Seconds turned into minutes which turned into hours. I was so concentrated on making all the pain go away that I didn’t notice the time or the fact that Matt, Mike, Kevin and John walked back in.

I felt arms wrap around me and lift me off the machine and I looked up to see Mike. I felt tears well up in my eyes. And I buried my head in his chest and took a deep breath. “She’s been down here since you left this morning. I tried to talk to her to tell her she need to stop and that she had been on here for hours, but she didn’t look or listen to me” I heard someone say. I pushed away from Mike carefully and walked over to my bag and walked into the bathroom. I took a shower and changed into the new outfit and letting my hair fall into its natural wavy way before walking back out. All the guys were still sitting there now with the addition of Maryse. “Hi?” I said. They all looked up at me and smiled. “You look beautiful! Something different” Maryse said I smiled slightly “It’s my hair. Normally its straightened or up. Now it’s just…normal.” I said “I like it” Mike said and I smiled. “Well thank you both” I said. “You ok now?” John asked and I nodded. “I always am after I run for a while.” I said. “A while, Chase you’ve been running since 9 this morning, it’s almost 8 pm. That’s eleven hours” Matt said. I blinked and looked at the clock. “Huh…I didn’t know it was that long” I said.

I walked over and stood next to Maryse. “We still have to talk, don’t think I forgot” I said and she smiled. “Here is your new script for Monday. I think you’ll like it.” She said. I gently took it and sat down on the bench. “You know, now that I sat down, my body kinda hurts” I said. Matt shook his head and I flipped it open. “This is awesome!” I said after reading for a while causing them all to laugh “It is! Do you two know?!” I asked John and Kevin and they shook their heads. “I get my first chance at the title in three weeks! Because apparently Brie and Nikki are talking shit and I jump them after Nikki wins the number one contender ship this Monday which starts my turn to a heel and then in two weeks and since Nikki has a title shot in three weeks I challenge her for it. And I win! And then the Match between me and Kelly is an open match. Nobody gets involved and whoever win’s wins! I’m so excited! And Maryse becomes my friend. Granted this starts a feud between Maryse and me against the Bella which brings in Matt to their side. Poor Matt and Mike to our side. Yay I get to work with you!” I said. “I’m so excited!”

Maryse smiled and I looked at Matt “I don’t know how I’m going to act like I hate you!” I said. He laughed and we all stood up and I groaned. “I’m hungry!” I said. “I’ll take you, since I owe you a meal since you skipped lunch” He said I smiled and nodded. “We’ll talk when you get back” Maryse said as Matt grabbed my bag and I nodded and hugged her and the guys before walking with Mike out of the hotel. “Where to Mike?” I asked. “How about there?” He said pointing to a little diner and I nodded. “Ok!” We walked over to it and got seated. “Are you sure you’re ok?” Mike asked and I nodded. “Yeah, I’m ok. It’s just a touchy subject. It causes a lot of memories and feeling I’ve pushed away” I said. He grabbed my hand and I smiled when he laced our fingers together.

“I really like you Chase”

I smiled slightly as my heart fluttered. “I really like you to Mike” He smiled and wen to say something when the waitress walked over and smiled. “What can I get you two kids tonight?” I smiled and Mike motioned for me to go first. “Can I get Macaroni and Cheese and water please?” She wrote it down and looked at Mike. “Umm a Burger and Fries with a Dr. Pepper please.” He said. She nodded and wrote it down before leaving. “Macaroni and Cheese?” He sad looking at me and I nodded and smiled. “I love it! I can’t make it to save my life I either get a ball of noodles or cheese water with noodle.” I said and he laughed as the lady brought our drinks. “Thanks” we said. She sent us a smile before walking to another table.

Once we finished eating we started walking back to the hotel and it started to rain. Mike ran under a little canopy outside the hotel while I twirled in the rain. I was thankful I left my iPod and my phone in my bag with Matt. “What are you doing?!” Mike yelled I smiled. “Playing in the rain! If you spend all your time as a grown up acting like won, you’ll forget what it was like to be a kid and actually have fun!” I yelled back. He took his jacket off and set his phone down before walking over and wrapping his arms around me and dancing with me. I smiled at him. He moved a strand of my hair out of my face before leaning down and placing his lips on mine.

I automatically kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck while his wrapped around my waist. He pulled away and placed his forehead on mine. “What would you say if I asked you to be my girlfriend?” I blinked and swallowed the lump in my throat. “I’d say, I’ve known you two weeks, so you better not break my heart” He looked at me and smiled “Is that a yes?” I smiled “Babe, that’s a hell yes” He smiled and placed his lips back on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longest chapter so far! 6 pages on Word!