Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

Prophecy

One minute I was trying to keep Lil from going homicidal the next I was not alone in my head.

“Sera. Don’t panic it’s just me.”

“Brian?”
Wow its weird having someone else uhhh sharing your skin.

“Yeah I want to have a little fun with Mulan.”

“I don’t like the sound of this.”
I cautioned as Brian’s deep laughter filled my ears, errr head. Wow did I mention how weird this is?

Another male chuckle. “Yeah you did.”

“Shut up.” I huffed. Yeah you can huff in your head if you try hard enough.

I was prisoner in my own body as I listened to Brian tease Lil. “She’s going to hurt you, ya know.”

“You won’t let her.” I didn’t like the smugness in his voice and the fact that he was right wasn’t helping my current attitude.

Lil growled out Brian’s name of course my brilliant sister would figure out what was going on. “Uh ohhhh someone’s in trouble.” I sang in my head with a little giggle. I felt him leave me suddenly. I let out a deep sigh of relief once he was gone.

“You’re a dead demon.” Lil hissed from between clenched teeth.

I reached over grabbing a hold of her hand consciously trying to help her ride herself of the rage that was becoming a large part of her. “Please don’t.”

It was Lil’s turn to humph. “First you won’t let me punch Jimmy and now you’re keeping me from singeing Brian. I swear you use to be fun Ser.”

Matt, who I was beginning to see was the one with the best survival instinct piped up. “Maybe we should let the girls have some time alone.”

“Why do we have to change our plans to make Hell girl happy, again?” I groaned on the inside. Did that stupid angel have a death with or something?

Matt stood up. “Jimmy shut up and let’s go.”

I held on to Lil’s hand tighter as Jimmy and Matt got out. She was shaking she was so mad and I knew I was the only thing keeping her from losing it. I looked over to where Brian and Zacky were still sitting. “You should go too.”

Zacky glared at Brian. “Way to go fuck head.”

“Not my fault she can’t take a joke.”

I screamed as a fire ball went past Brian’s head just barely missing him. We all turned to look at my grinning sister. “Ooopppsss?”

Zacky and Brian didn’t need to be told twice to get out.

Finally it was just Lil and I again. “Sorry.”

She shrugged. “You didn’t do anything. I swear they’re trying to see how far they can push me.”

“I’m sure they’re not.” I wish I could feel as sure about that as I sounded. Truth was it was only day four in our new life. Who was to say they were the good guys? What if they were the bad guys with really good acting skills? I shook my head at the ridiculous idea; of course they were good guys.

Lil sighed as I felt the tension leave her body. “So why didn’t you heal Jimmy?”

I thought about it for a second. Why hadn’t I healed Jimmy? “He needs to learn a lesson.”

That got her attention. She turned giving me a quizzical look. “What lesson?”

“That he can’t treat you the way he does.”

She shrugged. “Doesn’t matter I don’t care.”

“Bullshit.”

Lil giggled a little at my swearing. “You’re so cute when you swear.”

I stuck my tongue out at her. “Hush it. I’m right.”

“No way. His opinion doesn’t matter to me.”

I just looked at her. It was obvious that it did. I saw the little flinches she hid every time he said something thoughtless. But true to form she was being stubborn and refusing to admit it, even to herself.

We stayed in the hot springs until our stomachs grumbled so loudly I swear it sounded like there was going to be an earthquake. Drying off quickly we threw on our clothes and padded silently back into the house.

We stopped when we heard the boys arguing angrily in the kitchen.

Johnny was pacing looking more agitated than normal. “What the fuck do you think this is? A fucking game?!”

“We fucking know it isn’t.” I couldn’t see him but I recognized Matt’s voice.

“Then stop fucking acting like it!” Johnny raged. Wow his demon side was so totally making an appearance.

“I was just fucking around with her.” Okay so Brian was there too.

“That’s the point Brian! You can’t treat them like your normal whores. They’re the fucking future, not a good lay.”

“Why the fuck do we get yelled at because they can’t take a fucking joke? I’m mean fuck its bad enough that you’ve cock blocked us all.” Jimmy said sounding rather irritated.

I swear I heard Zacky sigh. “You guys know Johnny is right.”

“Shut the fuck up Vengenace. Just cause you’re half way in the God twins panties don’t go all high and mighty on me. We both know I outrank you.” Yeah Jimmy was definitely cranky.

Johnny slammed down his hand so hard I thought the wooden table would crack. “ENOUGH!”

Lil clamped her hand over my mouth when I jumped to mask my gasp. She gave me the ‘shhh’ signal; clearly she wanted to hear more.

All the boys were silent, evidently giving Johnny a second to get calm again. “The whole reason I wanted to meet with you all is to tell you about the latest prophecy.”

“There is a new prophecy?”

“Yes.” I held my breath as I waited for Johnny to continue. “It reads…When love is tested, red shall run freely and both heaven and hell shall weep with loss.”

“Fuck.” Jimmy breathed.

Lil and I just looked at each other. This didn’t sound good at all. It sounded like our days were numbered.

“Any clue as to when this happens?” Brian’s voice was cold and distant when he spoke.

“When the dark of night becomes as brilliant as the light of day.”

Zacky snorted. “What the hell is that suppose to mean?”

Jimmy sighed. “That we’ve got some serious shit ahead of us.”

Johnny was taking charge again. “It means nothing has changed. Our job is still to keep these girls alive. To teach them everything we can so when End of Days is here they can defend themselves well enough to survive. They are our priority; you all need to remember that. There will be time for drunken orgies after we’ve saved the world.”

I swear I could hear the grin in Brian’s voice. “To drunken orgies.”

Jimmy’s loud voice followed. “Fuck. I’ll drink to that.”

Male laughter and the clink of bottles filled the air. Lil and I practically ran into the living room when we heard the scrap of chairs on the tiled floor.

I turned on the tv as Lil put a game into the Xbox 360. Drunken orgies? My heart fell as I realized both Zacky and Brian had drunk to that. I was so stupid to think I was special. I was one of two females they were allowed access to for who knows how long. I could have been any female.

“COD?” I asked as the game loaded on the screen.

Lil nodded. She wasn’t any happier then I was. It was nothing like finding out you were nothing special to the guy you were crushing on. Yeah I was crushing on Brian and Zacky, I knew it. I just wasn’t ready to admit it out loud. Gosh this sucked.

“Mind if I play too?”

Lil looked at me shocked. I never played this game. I hated the violence of it. “You sure?”

It was my turn to nod. “Okay. I’ll try to take it easy on you.”

I laughed and it felt good. “I might surprise you.”

Lil snorted. She was so confident in her gaming skills. Mostly cause she was kick ass on this game and knew it. “Yeah okay.” She replied grinning.

I lost.

Horribly.