Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

Morningstar

I can’t sleep, yet again. Does being a demon give you insomnia? I rolled out of the bed, thankful that I’d made Sera sleep in the middle tonight. I couldn’t be anywhere near Jimmy without feeling the urge to stab him in the eyes.
Actually, make that anyone but Matt, Johnny and Sera. I was extremely pissed off at Zacky and Brian. I can tell Sera likes both of them, and that whole drunken orgy thing is really hurting her. I padded down the hallway, automatically stepping only on the balls of my feet.
Twelve years I’ve been in ballet, training and making a name for myself.
And it’s all gone to waste because I’m the fucking daughter of Lucifer. I plunked down on the floor next to the hot springs and put my head in my hands.
“This is fucked up.” I muttered. Sitting up and leaning against the wall, I took a deep breath. While I may not be fond of water in the slightest, I do like it down here. It’s warm and being underground makes me feel safe. I don’t know how long I was sitting there, listening to the water trickle down over the rocks.
Suddenly, a blinding light filled the room. I shaded my eyes and tried to back away towards the door. I scrabbled for the knob, but in my panic and blindness, I couldn’t find it.
“Daughter.” A shape formed in the light, a tall man with broad shoulders and ink black hair.
“Who-who are you?” I stammered.
“Daughter of the Morningstar, child of Hell.” The man said, pointing at me. “Will you keep your promise?” The light became an almost tangible force, slamming me against the wall.
My vision went black as the floor rushed up to meet me.
--
“Lil, please wake up.” Sera pleaded, tapping my face slightly.
“That’s not gonna wake her up.” Jimmy said, taking over. He hit me straight across the face. My eyes flew open and I growled. Matt held me down by my shoulders, keeping me from killing Jimmy. My lips pulled back from my teeth as I snarled.
“Lilith.” Brian said, warning me. My head snapped to look at him and I relaxed. I knew what he was doing, and I was not happy about it.
“Get out of my head.” I grunted from between my teeth.
“If I let you up, will you be okay?” Matt asked. He seemed like the smartest one of the bunch.
“I’ve got her.” Sera said softly, taking my hand. “Why’d you run off Lil?” Her touch drained away the primal rage I’d been feeling. In the split second it took for me to respond, I made a decision to do something I’d never done to Sera before.
I lied to her.
“I came down here because I couldn’t sleep, and I guess I just knocked out here.” I shrugged nonchalantly. They seemed to buy it and my stomach growled so loudly I thought the walls were shaking.
“Time to eat again.” Sera chuckled, helping me off. My face stung where Jimmy had hit me, and as we walked past him, I stopped.
“I want you to listen to me very carefully.” I said slowly. “If you ever touch me again, I will rip your eyes out of their sockets and feed them to you. I’m stuck with you until this all blows over, and after it’s done, I never want to see you again.” I thought I was very self-controlled when I didn’t hit him. We ate some Coco Puffs for breakfast again.
“Hey, what day is it?” I asked Johnny when he wandered into the kitchen, stretching from sleep. How come he hadn’t been awake earlier?
“Saturday the twelfth.” He said, opening the fridge.
“Shit!” I yelped. “Tonight’s opening night!” I’d co-choreographed the show we were putting on tonight. I was the main dancer, and if I didn’t show up, we were fucked.
“That’s tonight?” Sera gaped. She knew how important Fallen was to me.
Now that I think about it, this show is rather ironic.
I play a fallen angel.
“Liza’s gonna kill me!” I ran my hands through my hair. “I have to get down there for the show.” I’d worked so hard for this, between coming up with the music and the dances to being able to perform them perfectly. Johnny exchanged glances with our guardians.
“What time do you need to be down there, and what time will you be back?” He sighed.
“Rehearsal is at four, the show ends at ten.” I bit my lip nervously.
“Okay. Matt and Jimmy will take you down to the show and bring you home.” Johnny said.
“Yay!” I hugged him so tightly I was pretty sure he couldn’t breathe. “I love you Shorty!”
“Hey, I wanna go too.” Sera piped up. “I wanna see my sister perform.”
“Can we risk having the two of them in a building together?” Matt asked.
“I don’t know…” Johnny chewed on his lip.
“You guys can keep us both safe.” I pleaded.
“All right.” Johnny held up one hand when we started getting excited. “But if the building blows up and we get overrun by demons, I’m blaming you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who's been commenting, it really means a lot to us :)