Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

Screaming Bloody ***

I’d always liked the moon. Don’t ask me why. Maybe because I didn’t like the sun, the moon was my favorite. I’d managed to sweet-talk Johnny into letting me sit out on the balcony by myself. He’d put Jimmy just inside to keep an eye on me. I perched on the edge of the balcony and inhaled the cold night air. I’d done a moonlight show once, where the dancers performed on a stage lit only by the moon and stars. It was amazing. I kicked off my shoes and used my toes to grip the railing. I flung my arms out and let the breeze ruffle my hair.
“If you fall off there, I’m gonna laugh.” Jimmy remarked.
“Yeah, but then you’d have to save my ass, angel boy.” I did get off the edge though. Falling down a mountain was so not appealing to me, even if Sera could fix me.
“Maybe.” He laughed and I realized that was the first time I’d ever made him laugh. That thought made me a little sad. Was I that much of a bitch to him? I went inside to see that Jimmy was sitting at a piano I hadn’t noticed before.
“You play?” I asked.
“I play drums mostly, but I can do piano and guitar as well.” He shrugged, as if it was no big deal. My talent was all in dancing; I’d never learned to play an instrument. He started playing and began to sing.
“Now I think I understand
How this world can overcome a man
Like a friend we saw it through
In the end I gave my life for you
Gave you all I had to give
Found a place for me to rest my head
While I may be hard to find
Heard there's peace just on the other side
Not that I could
Or that I would
Let it burn under my skin
Let it burn
Left this life to set me free
Took a piece of you inside of me
All this hurt can finally fade
Promise me you'll never feel afraid
Not that I could
Or that I would
Let it burn under my skin
Let it burn
I hope it's worth it, here on the highway, yeah
I know you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you
So tell everybody, the ones who walk beside me, yeah
I hope you find your own way
When I'm not with you tonight
I hope it's worth it, what's left behind me, yeah
I know you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you

So tell everybody, the ones who walk beside me, yeah
I know you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you tonight.”
His voice echoed in the empty room, giving the already haunting song a creepy edge.
“You sing really well.” I said softly. I could see that he was smiling in the half light from the moon.
“You dance beautifully. I don’t think I mentioned it before.” I’m painfully aware of the fact that we’re in a darkened room, pressed very close together on the piano bench.
And that horrible, strange urge I have to kiss this infuriating angel.
“Lil?” I’ve never been so happy to see my sister in my life. “I’m gonna go to bed.”
“Right behind you.” I stood up and walked away without saying a word to Jimmy.
--
I woke up screaming bloody murder, without a single clue as to why.
“Shh, shh, it’s okay.” Surprisingly, Jimmy was in the room first. He rubbed my back soothingly.
“Sera!” I wailed. Something I’d seen, something about Sera.
“I’m here honey, its okay.” She pulled me into her arms and I sobbed into her shoulder.
What had I seen, that I felt like my soul was dying?
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Screaming Bloody Murder- Sum 41
I cried my eyes out when I first heard Fiction, and heard Jimmy's voice. I can't wait until I turn 18 and I can get "Fiction" tattooed on my ribs. Jeze's already got her foREVer tattoo, lucky butt. I'll link it if you guys wanna see her tattoo :)