Status: Finished :)

Things Will Never Be the Same

Adult Conversations

Adult Conversations
It’s been about three weeks since the dinner and school has started. Everyone has been busy, I’ve got school work and the pack does along with its patrols. I seriously look like a whale, it’s the shifter gene that is speeding everything up. I was sitting on the couch with my Chemistry book open, I was distracted by the brown envelop that was beside my notebook. The envelope contains the gender of my baby. It still felt really weird to say ‘my baby’.
“Hey, sweetheart. How you feeling today.” Lily walked in carrying some binders, her bakery was very successful.
“Alright, bean is just a kicking today.”
“Maybe they like Chemistry.”
“Or hate it.”
“What’s in the envelope?”
“The gender.” We sat at the table looking through the binder’s at the recipes.
“Monster Cookies!” I exclaimed as Zach, Dan and the pack walked in.
“I remember when Grams would make these and Grandpa would let me have like three before dinner. We were such rebels.”
“Is that why you always got yelled at when we got there for dinner.”
“Yeah, I was his sidekick.” I smiled at the memory.
“You’re on page 65 already?” Embry and Dan exclaimed from the living room. I shrugged like it was nothing.
“Our child will be a genius.” Jacob smiled walking into the kitchen. Lily started exclaiming about the envelope. Dan brought it into the room and we all gathered around. We all stared at it, reading it over and over.
“I checked twice for my favourite patient, Sierra you are having a beautiful baby boy.” I smiled brightly. Everyone exclaimed and cheers were heard from everywhere.
“A boy!” I hugged Jacob tightly.
“Little ZJ” Dan smiled hugging me tightly. I rubbed my stomach absentmindedly.
---------
“I still think you should name him after me. Like, what about Zachary Daniel James?” Dan interrupted my train of thought. He was still fighting the fact that bean isn’t going to be named after him. I sighed deeply rubbing my temples.
“I swear to fucking god Dan if you don’t stop interrupting me you won’t be able to name your own kids after you.” He gulped loudly.
“Sorry.”
“No, I’m sorry. I am just so irritated for some reason. My feet hurt, I have to finish this shitty English essay and I don’t even like the book.” He smiled. We sat in silence for a couple minutes, I then slammed my book on the floor.
“I totally forgot!” I got up as fast as I could and waddled to the hallway closet.
“What are you doing?” I heard the front door open, it was probably the pack. I continued digging for Dan’s birthday present, with all the hustle and bustle I totally forgot to give it to him.
“Here you go.” I walked into the kitchen and handed him his present.
“Really? You still remembered.” I just smiled at him leaning against the counter. He stared at it and Jacob walked through the door. He smiled brightly at the sight of me.
“Hey baby.” I blushed slightly as Paul started making a faux gag noise. Everyone laughed loudly as I accepted Jacob’s embrace.
“You I’m gonna tell Rachael you did that.”
“So.”
“She loves me more than you.”
“No she doesn’t.”
“I’m giving her a nephew, I automatically win.” Jacob laughed from my side.
“Don’t argue with her, she threatened that I wouldn’t be able to name my own children.” I smiled slightly, I blame the hormones. We all stood around while Dan finally opened his gift.
“You got me Halo?”
“Not just any Halo.”
“The remake with all the new maps and a pre-order?” I smiled as he got up and danced around like a girl. He came up to me and hugged me tightly.
“You are the greatest!” I smiled.
“Okay, you ready to go?” I grabbed my bag and left with Jacob. We finally get a night to ourselves.
---Two Months Later---
“Sierra it’s a boy!” Carlisle calm voiced was followed by a cry. I smiled slightly as pain shot through me again.
“It looks like you are having twins?”
“Oh, and you failed to catch that?” I breathed out in anger. Jacob stroked my hand softly.
-------6 Hours Later-------
Jacob’s Point of View
I stared down at the site in front of me. Sierra was sleeping softly with the twins sleeping beside her.
“Jacob do you have any idea on names?” Carlisle asked quietly from the door.
“Can it wait until the morning, Sierra really wants to be there and have the family there.”
“Well, not everyone can fit in here Jacob.”
“Immediate family.” He nodded and left the small room. I sat myself on the chair and got in the most comfortable position I could manage and drifted off into a soundless sleep.