Status: Finished :)

Things Will Never Be the Same

Cliff Diving?

“Sierra wake up.” I swatted the hand away.
“I guess this calls for drastic measures.” I smiled with my eyes still closed. I felt Jacob’s lips on mine and my eyes instantly opened.
“You suck.” I pushed him away laughing.
“Come on, it’s almost noon. The guys want to go to the beach.”
“I don’t have a swimsuit.”
“We can make a stop.”
When we walked into my house, I got a sense of longing. I mean sure I loved spending time with Jacob and everyone else but I miss my bed and Dad. I quickly changed into my blue bikini and threw my sundress over it. I sighed as I got into his truck.
“I miss being home.” He frowned.
“I’m sorry, but it’s better this way.” I smiled slightly. We drove to the beach and my mood lightened. I smiled when I saw Dan, he actually looked happy.
“Yay, we finally get to hang out at the beach!” Paul picked me up in his arms and started swinging me around. We had gotten very close, it’s safe to say he was one of my best friends. Though Jacob and Dan didn’t like how flirty he was but it was harmless.
“Okay put me down please.” He set me down and everyone kind of made a circle.
“Sierra do you want to come down to the bottom with us?” Emily asked, she was holding the most adorable little girl. The little girl had brown hair, which was held up in pigtails buy blue ribbons and she was wearing a blue sundress similar to mine.
“I’d love that.” The little girl held her arms out to me, I took her from Emily.
“And who might you be?” She smiled, she mumbled ‘Claire’.
“Okay, who is jumping first?” I raised my brow at Dan.
“Weren’t you scared of heights?” He glared at me.
“Shut up.” I laughed and walked down to the bottom. I started to help Claire build a sand castle. She got bored and wanted to play in the water so I went with her. She loved it splashing around, I was having fun until I was rudely dunked.
“Jacob!” I gasped for air.
“You jerk.” I crossed my arms pouting, I turned away from him.
“Sierra.” He singsonged. I turned the opposite way, fighting my smile.
“Star.” That’s the nickname he had given me because when I’m bored I just draw stars on a piece of paper. I bit my lip still fighting my smile, I dove in the water swimming away from him. I came up by the bottom of cliff. I couldn’t even contain my laughter.
“Gotcha.” I yelped. I turned around catching my breath.
“Hi.” He whispered as I backed into the rock wall behind me.
“Hey.” I leaned my head against his chest. It felt nice to be alone with him, either the pack was around or his dad. He pecked my lips softly. I splashed him and swam away laughing.
“Okay that’s it.” I laughed trying to swim faster.
“Protect me oh mighty Paul!” I laughed dramatically jumping into Paul’s arms.
“Oh Princess Sierra I shall slay the beast!” Jacob glared at Paul as he set me beside Claire. Paul and Jacob started wrestling playfully. I shivered a bit, remembering I left my sundress in Jacob’s truck. I trekked up the hill to get it. I slipped on my white and blue sundress and turned around. I was met face to face with a pale man, he had red eyes. I let out a scream as he grabbed me, next thing I knew I was in a meadow.

Jacob’s Point of View

“Hey Kim where’s Sierra?” I glanced at Kim who occupied Sierra’s spot beside Claire. She was cut off by a scream. Dan and I looked at each other and took off for the top of the cliff. I just prayed she was okay. We got to my truck and the door was open but Sierra wasn’t there.
“What’s going on?” Paul, Quil and Embry jogged up to us.
“Sierra’s gone.” I didn’t have the heart to say it, but Dan knew what I was thinking. Their faces fell, Paul looked like he was ready to kill.
“We have to call the Cullen’s.” They all nodded with me.

Sierra’s Point of View

“Sierra baby girl, you’ve grown up beautifully.” I flinched away from my mother’s hand.
“Don’t call me that.” She chuckled evilly.
“Amy she looks just like you.” The man who grabbed me circled my mother and I. I prayed Jacob and everyone would find me. To say I was scared would be an understatement.
“What do you want?-” I shrunk back but ended up being held in place by that man.
“Sweetheart, I want to make amends. I want me and you to spend time together.” I gulped. I could feel the man smelling me, it felt so wrong.
“She smells delightful, better than anything I’ve ever smelt.” His grip was released as he flew into a tree in front of me.
“Don’t bite down on my daughter, if anyone is going to turn her it will be me.” Oh god. Fuck it, I tried running even though I knew I’d fail miserably.
“Oh no no, I guess we do this the hard way.” She bit me and the burning started. I couldn’t stop screaming in pain.

Jacob’s Point of View

I was sitting in Sam’s house with Emily and Claire. Sam wouldn’t let me go search for Sierra because I’d do something irrational.
“Come on! The Cullen’s found her.” Paul bounded in and we were at their house in no time. I could hear screams, Sierra’s screams. I bounded for the stairs.
“Why don’t you wait awhile?” Emmett put his cold hand on my shoulder, I shrugged it off. Dan walked down the stairs looking extremely pale.
“Just don’t go up there, you’ll snap.” He sounded dead. I just nodded and sat on the couch.
“Hey pixie, did you see if she’ll be alright?” Paul addressed Alice quietly. She looked sullen as she shook her head no. The house remained quiet, no one knew what to say.
By the time midnight had rolled around everyone had left except for Dan and I. Sierra had stopped screaming but Carlisle hadn’t come down yet.
“Gentlemen.” Dan and I stood up at the same time. Sierra probably would have commented about that looking like something from a movie.
“She’ll be fine. She will be weak for a few days but all she will be left with is a scare.”
“And a year’s worth of nightmares and mental scars.” Dan muttered, I breathed in relief. I really didn’t care about the scar as long as she was okay.
“Can we see her?” I asked hopeful. I wasn’t leaving until I could see her.
“I wouldn’t suggest it. You two go home and get some rest.” Dan nodded and left.
“Carlisle, please.” I pleaded.
“Let the boy see her dear.” Esme spoke from the kitchen, I smiled as he nodded letting me by. She looked pale, more pale then the Cullen’s. Her body was so lifeless. It literally broke my heart.
“I’m so sorry. I should have been there. I promised I’d protect to you and I wasn’t.” I let a few tears fall as I held her hand.
“Please, just be okay. I can’t lose you. I love you too much to lose you.” I stood up leaving before I couldn’t bear to leave. I walked down the stairs slowly.
“Hey Jacob.” I looked up and Emmett was standing in front of the doorway.
“Just so you know, her mother and her accomplice are dead. I killed the mother.” I smiled slightly at Emmett.
“Thanks, Emmett.” We shared a nod and I walked out the door. I phased and fell into a deep sleep when I got home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rate, Comment, Subscribe? :)

--Em