The High School Years of Elizabeth Miller

Flowers

“What do you mean you don’t have a favorite flower?”

We, I mean Noah and I, were sitting at a lunch table in the courtyard outside the cafeteria. We usually couldn’t get a table inside the actual cafeteria, so we sat outside a lot. It was sunny, not to hot with some breeze every once and awhile. Marissa was in the library getting a head start on an English essay, so it was just us today.

I looked over at him with a small grin, he looked amazed. “I don’t know…” I answered him, while taking a sip from my water bottle. “There’s just too many.”

“What?” He exclaimed, and I laughed. “You have to have a favorite! You care a girl, aren’t you?” He asked playfully.

I teasingly flipped him off, and he stuck his tongue out at me.

“But, what is it? Come on, you have to have a favorite.” He said a few seconds later. I paused for a second, thinking of flowers I liked.

“Um, Daisies.” I said unsurely, the first one that popped into my head. He didn’t look convinced.

“Uh huh.” He agreed. “You’re not going to tell me are you?”

“I will when I actually have a favorite!” I answered him, laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
word count: 209
I did this really late last night, when I got back from an all day college tour. So yeah, sorry it's pretty short. I'm writing today's now, and I'm trying to make it actually good and long, so yeah (:

And I bet most of us have had a conversation like this, when you don't actually have an opinion. It drives me crazy, haha!