Status: Three people writing, please be patient.

Wasting Away

Beginning- Audrey

Audrey POV-

“Worthless little bitch.” My mother said as she slapped me across the face. “Go to your room!” She raised her hand once more before it came into contact with my cheek. I got up from the floor and ran up to my room and locked the door. I walked into the bathroom and stared into the mirror and my bruised face. My phone buzzed. It was a text from my boyfriend Cameron. ‘Babe, where are you? You were supposed to be here a half hour ago, you okay?’

I fell to the floor crying hysterically. No I wasn’t okay. I was supposed to be with the love of my life yet I was here getting beaten for nothing. I typed a message back, ‘Cam, meet me at the park. It’s an emergency’. I hit send and cleaned myself up. I grabbed his hoodie from my bed and ran to the window. I looked down and braced myself for the jump.

Once I was safely on the ground, I ran. I ran as fast as I could to find Cameron. When I finally saw him I jumped into his arms and broke down. He pulled away and brushed my dark chestnut hair out of my face. Drying my fallen tears with the pads of his thumbs he placed a sweet kiss on my lips.

“What’s wrong?” He asked with worry filled eyes. I started sobbing all over again. “Hey, calm down.” He pulled me over to the small wooden bench. I sat next to him.

“My mom. She- She hits me.” I blurted out. I saw Cameron’s face go from worried to furious.

“Audrey, baby. Look at me. How long has this been going on?”

“Since I was fourteen.” I said quietly. He wrapped his arm around me tightly. “Promise me you won’t tell anyone.”

“I- I don’t know. I want you to stay safe.”

“Cameron, you have to keep this a secret. Please.” I begged. He sighed and nodded.

“Fine. But if it gets worse, I’m telling someone. Why didn’t you speak up before Aud?”

“I was scared Cam.” That night I logged on to Facebook to see a bunch of posts on my wall. One from Cassidy Langerfield read, ‘You’re such a whore.’ Another post from Ryan Handler read, ‘I’ll give you $5 for sex’. I shut my laptop and laid in bed and cried. All those posts called me a whore. I worked up enough courage to read the rest. There was one from Cameron, ‘I love you Aud, call me later <3’. Then Cassidy, Ryan and another person Blake Whitfield, commented, Cassidy: I heard you got her pregnant. Ryan: Way to go dude! You got laid, now get out. Blake: Leave the girl alone, don’t you have anything better to do? I commented after Blake. ‘Thank you Blake.’ This is just a few kids trying to get under my skin. I’m not going to let it bother me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brittany's post.