Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 13

I woke up to the sound of doors closing. Car doors in particular. I rolled over to my other side. I almost screamed bloody murder when I saw Blake next to me. Then last night came back to me. I sighed and tucked myself under the blankets more, and snuggling with Blake. I was surprised that he hadn't woken up already. He was probably a heavy sleeper.

About 10 minutes later, the light coming through my shades told me to wake up. So, I got up and went into the hallway. It was quiet. I walked into the living room. It was still quiet. I walked into the kitchen, it was STILL quiet but there was a note on the table. I picked it up. It read:

Dear Blake and Amber,

I left to go do some grocery shopping. I will be back around 4 or 5 o'clock. Please be safe and don't burn the house down!
Love, Maryssa


I shrugged and put the note back down on the table. I slowly dragged my feet across the tile floor, getting a pan, a pack of bacon, and some eggs.

"I was thinking that we could go out to breakfast."

I spun around, dropping an egg on the floor. "Blake, you scared the shit out of me!" I started picking up the egg shell. I grabbed a hand-towel to pick up the yoke. I looked back up at Blake, who was still standing in the same spot, twiddling his fingers in front of him. He had the cutest expression. His hair was a dark mess. He reminded me of an innocent little boy who just got called inside by his mom, thinking he's in trouble.

"Sorry..." He was so cute!!!

I quickly recovered from my almost-heart-attack, "Yeah, lets go out for breakfast." I said, throwing that last piece of egg in the trash. Then I walked over to him. "Sorry for snapping at you." I was very close to him, and was staring into his chest.

He lifted my chin with his index finger. "It's OK." He smiled.

For a second I thought he was going to kiss me. He honestly had that hot, sexy look on his face. But he didn't. I seriously wouldn't have minded any lip action with him because Hun, let me tell you, he is SEXY!!!

He winked at me and went back into his room.

"Damn," I whispered under my breath. And went into my own room to get dressed.

~~~~~Blake~~~~~
I lifted her chin up with my index finger. "It's OK," I said to her. For one second, the idea of kissing her crossed my mind. I was going to but I totally chickened out. So I just winked and walked away. [font=italic]Stupid, stupid, stupid! I thought to myself. I went into my room and closed the door. I sat on my bed and thought.

"What if she doesn't like me back?" I thought out loud. "Well, we are kinda sorta step brother and step sister. It would be weird... right" I was frustrated.

I got up and got dressed. The classic, Blue jeans and white under shirt. We were just going out for breakfast. Not like we were going to run into anybody important.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo now we all know what Blake thinks about Amber, huh? =D And, sorry about the previouse update. I made mistake. I hit Submit wen I meant to click preview. Anyways. comment and let me know wat u think!!