Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 14

I was sitting in the living room when Blake finally came out of his room. His hair was still a mess. But I didn't mind. It was pretty hot.

"What car are we taking?" I asked.

"My car. Duh." He held up his hand, rattling some keys.

"You have a car?" I honestly didn't know that.

"Yes. Yes I do." He vanished through the front door.

I followed him, and climbed into the passenger seat. He had a truck. A red truck.

He turned on the engine and turned on the radio. It was song called "In The Arms Of An Angel". It reminded me of my mom. I felt a lump form in the back of my throat. Blake changed the station.

"No! Change it back!" I ordered.

"OK, OK." He flipped the station back. He pulled out of the driveway and took a left.

[font=italic]In the arms of an angel, Fly away from here. from this dark cold hotel room, and the endless that you fear...

I held back tears. We took another turn onto some dirt back rode. I started to cry.

Blake must have looked over at me because he pulled over. "You OK?" He unbuckled himself and sat closer to me.

I couldn't find my voice, so I layed my head on his shoulder instead.

He wrapped his arm around me and held me tight.

I looked up at him, and took a deep breath. But I didn't get a chance to talk. He kissed me before I could. I couldn't help but kiss him back. It lasted a few minutes until we broke away.

I wasn't sad anymore. In fact, I had a few butterflies fluttering in my tummy. It stayed silent. I could feel his eyes on me, but I refused to look at him. He slid over to his side of the seat and turned the truck back on. The radio went back on, but it was some up-beak song. We drove.

After a few minutes, I looked over at him when I was sure he wasn't looking at me. He had a smile on his face. Then I realized I was, also, smiling.

It took a few more minutes to get to the restaurant. It as called "The Early Riser".

"This place is the best." Blake said, opening the door for me. We walked into the restaurant. There was a bored with words on it. It read: "Please wait to be seated". It didn't take any longer than five minutes for us to get seated. The place wasn't that packed.

We got seated at a two-person booth. Personally, I liked booths better than plain chairs and a table. A waitress came to a table.

"Hi, I'm Olivia and I'll be your server for today, may I start you off with some drinks?" She greeted us while placing menus in front of us.

"Yes. I would like chocolate milk please." Blake told Olivia.

"OK, and what may I get for you?" She looked at me.

"Uh... some water please?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am." She smiled politely and walked towards the kitchen.

"What are you getting?" I asked Blake.

"A bacon and cheese omelet." Gosh did that sound good.

"Mmm. Sounds yummy. I think I'm gonna get that, too." I didn't even touch my menu.

The waitress came back and gave us our drinks. "Do we all know what we're getting or do we need a little more time?" She asked.

"We're ready to order." Blake answered for both of us.

"OK," Olivia pulled out a little note pad and pink feathered pen.

"Two, bacon and cheese omelets. One of them three eggs, the other two eggs." I'm guessing that the two-egged omelet was mine.

"OK, It'll be out shortly." She smiled that same smile and went to go put our order in.

Blake and I talked. We talked about his sports and stuff like that. But the topic of us kissing never came up. It was like it never happened.

about 15 to 20 minutes later, Olivia came back to us and gave us our plates of food.

I picked at it. I don't eat a lot. It's not because I want to stay skinny, it's just that I'm not very hungry.Blake ate like he normally did.

Blake looked past my shoulder. His expression turned cold. I looked behind me to find the reason. Conner had just walked in. He was with a few of his guy pals. they were joking and laughing around. Well, that is until Conner saw me and Blake staring at him. He must have excused himself, because he started walking towards us. His friends gazes' followed him. One of them locked eyes with me. Creeper.

"Hey," He smiled at me when he reached our table. He didn't bother acknowledging Blake's presence.

"Hi," I nodded, feeling a little uncomfortable.

"I wanted to let you know that the party is canceled this weekend. It's going to be next weekend at my place." He turned to Blake. "You remember where that is, don't you?" He said kind of smugly.

I sat there watching the boys.

Blake didn't seem fazed at all. "Yes, I do remember where that is." He smiled up at Conner. "And we will be there." Then he looks at me. "You ready to go?" He pulled out his wallet and slapped a 20 dollar bill on the table.

He didn't really wait for me to answer. He kind of just got up and walked out, obviously expecting me to follow like a puppy. When I got up, Conner grabbed my arm. "If you just want to get away from him. give me a call." He slipped a piece of paper into my palm.

Before I could say anything he walked away. I didn't really want to go after him. So, I turned and followed Blake's path. I held the paper in my hand, tightly. I hopped in the car, and buckled in. (Blake was already in the car.) Blake turned on the truck and started driving the way we came.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I know this is kind of a boring chapter except 4 the part where they kiss. =D
But the next chapter is going to be GRET you guys are going to make you stand on your feet and not believe it. I promise you that! Well, its either next chapter or the one after that. But it's one of the two! Well, I'm babbling so Im gonna go now... Comment!!! <3