Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 5

I woke up to my alarm clock the next morning. I slapped the snooze button. It kinda hurt.

Maryssa came into my room and sat down next to me. "Amber..." She said in a gentile voice. "It's time to get up, sweetie...."

"I don't wanna get up," I groaned into my pillow.

I heard her chuckle. "Come on, you don't want to miss your first day at a new school, do you?"

Yes. Yes I did.

"I'll get Robby." She said, tauntingly.

Blake's head popped into the room. "Don't let her get Dad," His eyes were wide.

I looked over at him. I laughed. It looked like Robby had dumped cold watter on him. I sat up slowly, "OK, I'm getting up," I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

Maryssa laughed at Blake. "Go get dried and get ready for school." Then she looked at me. "You, too." She got up and closed my door behind her.

I got up and went Through my dresser. I found a cute dress. So, I put that on along with some leggings underneith. I opened a little jewelery box and pulled out a little heart neackleace. I combed my hair and wnt into the bathroom. THere, I brushed my teeth and applied my make up (Mascara, eye liner, Eye shadow, blush, and lip gloss).

I walked into the kitchen. Blake was at the table, already munching down bacon and eggs. Next to him was Robby, he was slowly sipping black cofee and reading the newspaper. Typical father figure. Maryssa was over by the stove, cooking more bacon and eggs. She turned to me when I entered.

"Would you like some bacon and eggs, Amber?" She asked.

"Oh, um... sure," I sat down next to Blake. "Good morning," I greeted him.

"Mornin'." He said after swollowing.

Maryssa put a plate of food in front of me. "Looks good," I said, picking up a piece.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

At school, I got a lot of stares.

The first hour past fast. The second, not so much. The teacher made me stand up and introduce myself. Third period, a boy came up to me.

"Hey," He had said.

"Hi," I paid him no mind.

"I'm Conner,"

"I'm Amber,"

"Yeah, I know, I was in your second hour." He smiled at me.

"Oh, yeah,"

"Hey a few of my friends and I are going to a place this weekend, wanna go?"

"I don't know you,"

"Yes you do,"

"Not that much," By now, we had stopped walking to lunch, and we were facing eacother in the middle of the hallway.

"My name is Conner Dodson, My favorite color is Green, my favorite animal is a horse, I have lived here my whole life, I play soccer and I write music, along with playing the drums." He smiled. "Oh! And I think you're cute." He kept his smile on his face.

I felt my face get a little hot.

"Aw, don't be shy." He brushed away a stray piece of my hair behind my ear. "How bout' we eat luch together and get to know one another?" He took my hand and lead me into the lunch room

We passed Blake, who was glaring at Conner...
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe&Subscribe??

Oh, and why are people unsubscribing???? Is it really getting worse? Please tell me!