Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 9

Conner walked up to me, his hands in his pockets. "Hey," He half smiled.

"Hi," I felt shy, but I smiled politely anyways.

Conner looked over at Blake. His smile went away, and all hints of the Conner I knew disappeared. He looked different... the scary kind.

Blake didn't change at all. He just stood there with his arms crossed. If anything he scooted closer to me. Then he looked at me.

I met his gaze. Then something weird happened. Everything hazed around us and it looked like it was just me and him in the room. It was weird, but I felt soothed by it. He's the one who looked away first and everything went back to normal.

Weird.

"So, you coming this weekend?" Conner turned his attention to me.

"Uh..." I looked at Blake.

"Don't look at me." He put his hands up as if he surrendered.

"But I'm only going if you're going." I blinked.

He looked at Conner smugly, and it looked like Conner got more grim.

"OK, what is going on here? You two seem like you are ready to kill each other." I crossed my arms.

Blake didn't look at me when he answered, "It goes way back."

"It's too long to tell," Conner interrupted.

"Awe, come on Conner. We have time to tell her." I felt more tension in the air. I seriously thought a fight was going to break out.

"No, you don't have time for whatever you guys are fussing over. Now order whatever you want." Maryssa pulled on both mine and Blake's shirts, forcing us over to the counter. There was a young girl standing at the cash register with a fake smile planted on her flawless face.

"I'll have the oreo shake with some whip cream on top please," Blake ordered automatically.

The lady faced me. "Uh..."

"She'll have what I'm having." Blake ordered for me. I have to admit that what he had ordered sounded wonderful. Then Blake took my hand and guided me to another spot where some guy had just gotten his Vanilla ice cream.

"What's going on between you and Conner?" I whispered.

His face turned smug again. "Long story."

"You can tell me,"

"Now's not the right time." He stared past my shoulder.

"Two Oreo shakes with whip cream and a strawberry smoothie." I'm guessing the Strawberry smoothie was Maryssa's.

"That's us," He walked over and grabbed all three. Maryssa rushed over and took her smoothie away from him as he came back over to me and handed me mine. "Try it, it's good." He said, slurping his shake.

I copied him. It was AMAZING!!! I must have given away what my taste buds were screaming at me because Blake started to laugh.

"What?" I asked.

"Your expression! It was priceless!" He kept laughing. People were starting to stare.

"Come on, you can laugh in the car." Maryssa walked past us and headed out the door.

Blake wiped a tear from his eye and slipped his arm around my waist on our way out, looking back at Conner.

At my last chance I glanced back at him, too. He looked sad.

Goshness I wanted to go back and give him a big hug!
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah! 2 updates in one day! Hope you guys like it! What do you think is going to happen next??? Comment!!