Please Stay Forever With Me

Nothings Changed, Well Almost Nothing

Image

I followed Demi into the foyer of the house before we walked towards the sound of laughter and music. We entered what must have been the sitting room where the whole Jonas family was seated, Nick had a guitar out and the brothers were singing.

Denise was the first to notice our arrival; she didn’t seem to notice me at first. She smiled and stood up which caused the brothers to stop playing and look over at us. I looked down at the ground unable to look any of them in the eye.

“Demi!” Denise said greeting my new friend. “So glad you could make it!”

She walked over and hugged Demi then turned to me. “And who is your friend?”

I looked up and Denise’s smile faded as recognition set in. “Oh my.”

I glanced at the boys sitting across the room and noticed their stares. I quickly looked away and focused on Denise.

“This is Bobbi.” Demi said setting a hand on my back and pushing me forward. “My new
roommate.”

“Yes we’ve met before.” Denise said smiling sadly at us. “Hello Bobbi.”

“Hi.” I said my voice giving away how uncomfortable I was.

There was a sudden movement from across the room and before I knew it a pair of strong arms held me.

“I’ve missed you so much.” Joe said as he picked me up off the ground to hug me better.

“I’ve missed you too Joey.” I said as tears came to my eyes.

We separated enough to look at each other. Joe had grown up since I last saw him. He didn’t look like the goofy Joe I remember; he was a man now, how strange.

“You’ve grown up Joey.” I said with a little laugh.

“You did too. I didn’t even recognize you.” Joe said his eyes never leaving mine.

“Sorry to interrupt but you're not the only one that missed her.”

I laughed as Joe let me go and Kevin hugged me next. “How have you been?” He asked after we hugged.

“Great!” I said smiling.
I hugged the rest of the family, except for a certain Jonas who left sometime when Joe and I were hugging.

“It’s so great to see you again.” Denise said as we all sat down in the sitting room. “What are you doing in California?”

“I decided to move here after high school.” I replied. “And I was lucky enough to find Demi as a roommate.”

“Is Kyrsten here?” Frankie asked.

“No, she had to stay with my grandma to finish school.” I said sadly. “I miss her already and it
hasn’t even been a full day since I left.”

Denise pulled into her side and hugged me. “Don’t worry you’ll see her soon.”

I nodded my head and held back the tears that wanted to fall. I quickly changed the subject from me to the boys.

“How have all of you been? It’s been so long since we’ve talked.”

“We’re doing great.” Kevin answered with a thin smile. “Too much has happened for me to even begin to tell you everything.”

I knew that was meant to make me feel bad for not keeping in touch with the family. “I’m sorry I didn’t call like I said I would. I feel really bad we stopped talking.” I said sincerely to the family sitting with me.

“It’s ok we should have called more too.” Kevin Sr. said with a smile. “Everyone was so busy
the last few years.”

****
Dinner at the Jonas’s came to an end two hours later. I had a blast catching up with them and it felt like I had never left. There was only one missing piece though. Nick. He didn’t come done to dinner and refused to hang out after. I decided enough was enough we had to talk.
I found Nick’s room by the loud music issuing from it. I opened the door knowing he wouldn’t hear me knock. He sat on his bed focused on his computer with his record player’s volume up high. He looked over when his door opened and he just looked at me, his face void of any emotion. I walked over to the record played and stopped it without asking Nick for permission. He didn’t say anything as I examined his room, unlike his room before it held no pictures with in it. I looked back at Nick and saw that he had set his computer aside.

“Why didn’t you eat with us?” I asked as I continued to look around the room.

It took a few seconds for Nick to answer. The second I heard his voice my heart skipped a beat, up until this point I had kept any attraction to him at bay. I let myself examine Nick while he spoke and found all those feelings I once had for him come back. He looked good, he had grown a lot since I had seen him. His curls no longer long but cut short to make him look older and more mature. He wore a simple white v-neck and jeans but to me he looked ready to go to a red carpet event. He was still so perfect.

“I wasn’t hungry.” He said with a shrug. “What are you doing here? I didn’t know you were in town.”

“I just moved here today.” I answered quietly.

“Demi invited here for dinner.” I said answering his unasked question. “If you don’t want me to come over again just say something.”

Nick glared at me for a second then looked away. “You can do whatever you want. I can’t stop you.”

I sighed and sat on the end of his bed. “Can we be friends again?” I asked sadly.

“Yeah, sure.” Nick said standing from his bed. “I’m kind of busy right now.”

I took that as my cue to leave his room but before shutting the door I turned to look at him. “I really hope we can be friends again.”

I walked back to where everyone was talking and took a seat next to Joe on the couch. He put his arm around me and kissed the top of my head.

“How’d it go?” He whispered under his breath.

“Fine. He still hates me.” I answered with a sad shrug.

“He doesn’t hate you.”

“Joe, he hates me.” I said rolling my eyes. “I don’t care.”

We both knew that was a lie but he didn’t call me out on it. It was better if I didn’t acknowledge my lingering feelings for Nick. No matter what my heart was telling me I had to listen to my head for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this wasn't exactly how I planned this chapter to go but oh well. I hope you liked it anyway.
Please go comment!
: )