Please Stay Forever With Me

Smile Just For Me

Image

It didn’t take long for me to settle into my new home. Having Demi for a roommate turned out to be a lot a fun. By the end of the week we were best friends. I spent a lot of time with Joe at his house, watching movies or listening to music.

Unfortunately all the fun had to stop since I was starting my new job as a secretary at a record studio. I had to answer phones all day; it was the only job I could find. It would do for the time being, as long as it pays the bill it works.

“Are you excited for your first day tomorrow?” Joe asked me while we made our way to his mom and dad’s house for dinner.

“No.” I said with a sigh. “I wish I didn’t have to go.”

“You could work for the Jonas Group.” Joe said glancing at me.

“Thanks but I think for right now I need to do this on my own. Give me a week with my new job and then ask me again.” I said with a laugh.

“Alright I will.” Joe said. “Have you talked to Nick lately?”

“Nope.” I answered. “And I don’t plan on it.”

“I swear you and Nick are two of the most stubborn people I know.” Joe commented. “He pretty much said the same thing.”

“I tried to be friends with him but he’s the difficult one.” I said exasperated. “So blame him.”
Joe didn’t say anything more as we drove the rest of the way to his parent’s house. There were already the other two Jonas boy’s cars in the drive way. I was determined to keep this week the way it was going and ignore Nick and his drama.

We were greeted by Denise who told us were the rest of the family were sitting. I opted out of sitting with the boys instead I wanted to catch up with Denise by helping her with dinner.

“You’re a guest, you really don’t have to help.” She said as we stood side by side stirring various sauces and noodles.

“I don’t mind. Besides I’d rather be in here with you then sit out there with the men.” I said with a small laugh.

“It’s so good to have you back.” Denise said giving me an affectionate hug. “It hasn’t been the same without my girls in the house.”

“I wish Kyrsten could be here too.” I said sadly.

“Me too, sweetie, but she’ll be with us soon enough.” Denise said as she went back to the various pots and pans on the stove.

I smiled then followed her example and focused on our task of cooking dinner. After a half hour dinner was ready. I took my regular spot between Joe and Frankie and joined in the casual conversation. I was surprised to see Nick at the table with us but he didn’t seem like anything was bothering him like last time I was over. I had a lot of fun sitting around the table with my favorite family.

“Well you probably don’t want to be up to late.” Joe said turning to me. “Big day tomorrow.”

“Yeah, but I don’t want to go yet.” I said with a little bit of a fake whine. “Half an hour more?”

Joe laughed but nodded his head yes. I helped Denise clean the table and kitchen before sitting with the rest of the family in the sitting room. There was more fun conversations as the minutes ticked down to when I would have to leave. Not too long after sitting down Joe stood up and motioned for me to do the same.

“I better get you home.”

I nodded sadly and hugged the other Jonas’s, excluding Nick, before following Joe out to his car for the long drive home.

Joe picked me up the next morning to take me to my first day at work. Demi had made me breakfast before leaving for an early morning meeting. It felt great to have the support of my two best friends.

“You look nice today.” Joe said. “Like a grown up.”

“Joe, I’m eighteen now, which means I am an adult.” I said with a small laugh. “And I raided Demi’s closet.”

Joe just laughed and kept driving. I took the time to constantly check my make up in the mirror. I had to look perfect on my first day. I even decided to try heels, since I sat in a chair pretty much the whole day. I played with the hem of my silver dress nervously.

“Do you think I look alright, for work?” I asked worried.

“You look great.” Joe answered. “Just calm down, you are going to do just fine today.”

I tried to be calm but I was on edge and as Joe parked in front of the building my nerves got worse. I looked at Joe and smiled.

“Thanks for driving me.”

“Anytime, now go have a great first day.” Joe said with a wink. “I’ll be here to pick you up when you’re done.”

I hugged Joe quick then exited the car. I walked into the huge lobby and looked around.

“Here goes nothing.” I mumbled to myself.

After a long eight hours of answering phone calls and putting people on hold I was exhausted. I did a lot better than I thought I would but I was nowhere near perfect. I walked out of the nice air conditioned lobby to a sunny California summer day. I scanned the street looking for Joe’s car but couldn’t see him anywhere. I checked my phone for the first time in eight hours and found a message from Joe.

Sorry I won’t be able to pick you up I got caught up with something but Nick said he would pick you up.

I sighed and put my phone back in my purse and looked for the big black truck I had seen before. I found it down the street with Nick leaning against it looking bored. I took long strides towards the truck and was there in matter of seconds.

“Couldn’t park closer?” I grumbled as I reached Nick.

“No, this was the closest I could park.” Nick said rolling his eyes. “Come on I don’t feel like standing out here forever.”

I climbed into the truck and strapped my seat belt on. I glanced at Nick as he started the truck. Quiet music filled the truck and I smiled at the beautiful sound.

“Who is this?” I asked.

Nick glanced at me before turning the music to the radio where an annoying pop song was playing.

“No one.” He said focusing on driving.

“Right.” I said quietly. I looked out the window as we drove down the crowded Los Angeles streets. Of course we were stuck in traffic in no time, barley moving at all.

“This sucks.” I mumbled.

Nick just grunted in response. He turned the music up when an older song came on. He hummed along to the song while he drummed his fingers against the steering wheel. I watched him amused by this and before too long I couldn’t help but let out a little laugh.

Nick glanced at me confused. “What?”

“You just looked cute.” I said laughing some more.

“Cute?” Nick asked still confused.

“Just believe me when I say you looked cute.” I said setting a hand on his larger hand.

My laughter caught in my throat when our skin touched. We looked at each other for a second before I moved my hand back to my lap. I could feel a blush heating up my cheeks. There was an awkward silence after this and I was completely humiliated.

“You look beautiful by the way.” Nick said without looking at me.

“Thanks.” I said quietly.

Finally after twenty minutes we were moving. We passed by many restaurants making my stomach grumble. I tried to hide this from Nick but he somehow heard my persistent stomach.

“Do you want to get something to eat?” Nick asked me as we passed another restaurant.

“No it’s ok. I’ll find something at home.” I said with a small smile.

Nick turned at the next intersection that leads to a small diner situated in a residential area.

“Let me take you out to dinner to celebrate your first day.” Nick said as he parked the truck.

I smiled and unbuckled my seat belt. “You don’t have to do this.”

“I know, but I want to.”

We walked into the cozy diner and took a seat in a booth in the back. I looked at the menue left on the table and smiled.

“I love place like this.” I said looking up at Nick.

He smiled but didn’t say anything. We looked at our menus in silence. When the waitress arrived at our tables we gave her our orders before she left to go behind the counter across the room. Nick and I sat in an uncomfortable silence drinking our sodas.

“So, how was work?” He asked.

“I hate it.” I said with a heavy sigh.

“It’ll get better.” Nick said with a smile, a real genuine smile.

I couldn’t think of anything to say to this; I was caught off guard by his smile. It had been so long since I had seen it.

“What?” He asked his smile slipped from his face.

“Oh sorry, it’s just been awhile since I saw you smile. I was a little unprepared for it.”

“What’s so special about my smile?”

“Everything; it’s the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen. I fell for your smile the first time I saw you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I hope you guys like this one. For some reason I find small diners to be romantic haha. But anyway I hate to spoil Nick and Bobbi getting along but there is going to be a little twist that is going to ruin their budding relationship, so stayed tuned.
Bobbi's work outfit
: )
Comment!!!!