Textbook Romance

Merchandise.

Tey and I had to move the boxes from the back room out to the counter that was built into the venue. It sat directly across from the stage so that the kids who came to the show wouldn't miss anything when they went to buy a shirt.

I opened the boxes and unfolded the shirts so I could grab one at ease, and then as Tey went off to make signs for the prices, I hung up one of each shirt on the fence, that was on the wall, with clothes line clips.

The counter in the back spanned the whole length of the room and in each section was another group of people setting up shirts for other bands. I looked down the row of merchandise people and saw that there were two or three people for each one.

Tey captured my attention when he returned with paper and black markers. He handed me half and then set a clip board between us on the counter. The clipboard had a picture of each shirt and the price and sizes next to it.

"So why aren't you A Day To Remember's merch girl?" Tey asked as we wrote signs.

I shrugged, "They already have one."

Tey nodded. "Yeah, her name is Rachel, but I would have thought she'd switch with you."

"I don't think anyone asked," I told him as I turned around to hang the papers on their respective band shirts, by sliding them under the clips.

"It doesn't bother you?" he asked as he finished up his signs.

I shrugged and grabbed the ones he'd finished. "Why should it?" I asked, "It's just work."

Tey turned to smile at me. "You'll find out tonight that this is definitely more than work."

I laughed and shook my head. "What do you mean by that?" I questioned, leaning against the counter as he posted the rest of his signs.

He grinned and said, "The guys are crazy, the bands are loud, and you're going to have way too much fun for it to be considered working."

I folded my arms gently and nodded. "I wouldn't expect anything less."

Tey nodded. "Good."

When we were finished I decided that I was going to just hang out for a little bit before going and changing into the clothes I was going to wear for the show, later.

I turned to Tey as the two of us sat on the counter, watching as people moved around on the stage. "Should I rock A Day To Remember or Escape the Fate?" I asked with a grin as I thought about my choices.

Tey chuckled. "Your boyfriend or your employers?"

I nodded while biting my lip.

Tey shrugged. "Go look at the ADTR shirts and decide whether you like their shirts or the Escape ones better."

"That's a good idea," I said as I slid off of the counter. I turned and walked to the left, down the counter. I realized as I looked at the shirts hanging that I didn't even know what other bands were on tour with the guys, until now. I stopped walking when I was standing in front of the area that was covered in different ADTR shirts that had different cartoon characters on them.

"25 bucks a pop," a woman said as she walked up and slid over the counter, offering a smile.

I nodded. "You must be Rachel," I said as I offered her my hand.

She nodded but looked slightly confused. "Yeah, and you are?"

I smiled and pulled my hand back, realizing that she wasn't going to shake it. "I'm Ginny, Neil's girlfriend," I introduced myself, watching as she smiled again lightly.

"Oh," she said as she nodded, "I didn't know that he brought his girlfriend along."

I shook my head. "I'm Escape The Fate's merch. girl, too," I told her as I motioned back to the end of the counter since Escape the Fate's spot was the first one.

Rachel nodded. "Are you here to get a shirt or..." she trailed off.

I shrugged. "I haven't decided yet. I just wanted to check them out and see what the boys came up with."

"Well here it is," she motioned as she sat down on a little stool.

I glanced over the shirts and felt bad automatically when nothing stood out to me. I bit my lip and nodded. "I'll see you around," I said as I turned around and headed back towards my designated area. I hopped back up onto the counter next to Tey.

"Nothing you like?" he asked with a chuckle.

I shrugged. "They were alright. But I feel like if I'm going to be working back here, I should at least be representing the merchandise," I said with a smile as I turned to look back at the shirts. I then got up and grabbed a white shirt that said the band name all over it in black letters. I slipped it over my head and grinned.

"You still have to pay for that," Tey said with a laugh.

"Let me go get my wallet then."

Tey shrugged. "Just be back by five so we can beat the fans in the building and start selling before the show."

I grinned and nodded. "Can do. I'll see you later." I took off towards the stage and slipped out of the back door.

"Hey you!" I heard as I started across the back parking lot where the buses were.

I turned around and smiled as Neil came walking towards me. "Hey, baby," I greeted as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "What's up?" I questioned as he buried his face in my neck.

"Nothing," he said as he put a smile on his face a pulled back. "Just been hanging out with the guys and waiting for sound check. We're thinking about going sightseeing. Jeremy wants Taco Bell," he chuckled and shook his head.

"That's a sight," I joked, shaking my head at their version of sightseeing.

Neil shrugged at his friends' ideas and took my hand. "You want to come with?" he asked, his eyes finding my shirt and actually seeing it for the first time. "What are you wearing?" he questioned, a grin on his face.

"Just representing the merchandise," I told him with a shrug, "Going to be working for them I might as well start now."

Neil laughed. "I'll buy you one of our shirts," he said, "Then you can wear that if you want to represent a band."

I shrugged and shook my head. "Baby, it's just a shirt. Plus, I like it. It's cute."

Neil rolled his eyes. "Please, Gorgeous?" he asked as he put a pout on his lips. "I just warned Max-" he cut off abruptly as he looked to me.

"You what?" I asked automatically, pulling away from him.

He bit his lip and shrugged.

"Neil, what did you do?" I demanded, shoving his shoulder.

He rolled his eyes again. "I just warned him that he better stay away from you."

"And what did he do?" I asked, knowing that Max would never back down from a challenge.

"He tried to tell me that you two were just friends," Neil spat sarcastically.

"We are just friends!" I told him and I groaned and pushed myself away from him before heading back towards the Escape the Fate bus.

Neil sighed. "Ginny! Where are you going?"

"To find Max," I shouted back at him, "To make sure he's okay."

"He's fine!" Neil shouted to me, "I only roughed him up a little bit!"

I rolled my eyes and didn't bother with a reply as I hurried across the parking lot and over the where their bus was parked. I banged on the door, since I didn't know the code, and waited anxiously for someone to open it up.

When the door didn't open I smacked it again. "Max, open the door!" I shouted, and folded my arms as the door opened right away.

Max stood at the top of the stairs, looking down at me with his arms crossed too. When I looked up to his face I gasped. "Max," I murmured as I climbed the stairs. I didn't need to know how he got his black eye, but I winced when he winced as I touched it.

"We need to get some ice on it," I said as I grabbed his wrist and tried to pull him to the kitchen area of the bus.

Max followed after me with his lips pressed together.

"I'm sorry," I said as I pressed a baggy of ice against his eye.

Max shrugged with a slight smile on his lips. "I deserved it," he said, seeing less upset than I would've expected.

I chuckled and nodded. "You really did," I said as I let him hold his own ice to his face.

Max had a smirk on his face as he followed me to the bunks. I sent him a questioning look as he stood behind me, staring at my shirt.

"What?" I questioned, as I climbed up a bunk so I could reach for my wallet.

"Nice shirt," he said as he tugged on the hem.

"Thank you," I said as I hopped down, wallet in hand.

Max licked his lips. "I bet your boyfriend is going to love that you are wearing my shirt."

"No, he really didn't," I replied as I walked to the front of the bus and then turned back to face Max, who had left his bag of ice on one of the bunks. I sighed and slipped past him to go get it. He followed after me. I grabbed the bag of melting ice and pushed it against his eye, watching as he winced but held it there himself. "It'll bruise really badly if you don't keep ice on it," I told him, going back out to the living area of the bus.

"It makes me look tough," he said with a smirk as he held the bag at his side.

"Put it back up there," I told him with a pointed look.

He chuckled and did as he was told. "Where are you going?" he questioned as he opened the bus door for me.

"To pay for my shirt," I told him, "Had to grab my wallet so I can pay Tey."

Max shook his head. "Nah, it's on me."

I rolled my eyes. "I can pay for my own shirt, Max."

Max shook his head and reached out to grab my wallet from my hand and hold it over his head. I, being several inches shorter than him, didn't even attempt to reach for it, knowing that I'd probably not even be able to get it if I jumped. "Give it back, Max," I demanded as I held my hand out for it.

Max chuckled and shook his head. "No," he said with a smirk as I glared at him. "Our merch. girl shouldn't have to buy shirts."

I smirked back at him. "Than how are you going to make any money?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest as Max slipped my wallet into the pocket of his jeans.

Max chuckled and threw his arm over my shoulder. "Nev, you haven't seen the hundreds of kids we get at these shows that are just dying to buy one of our shirts. Ten of them if they had the money."

Max led me off of the bus and typed into the code to close the door before attempting to lead me towards the venue.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I pulled out of his grasp, "I have to get dressed for the show tonight."

"You have plenty of time for that," he said as he looked over my clothing, "But you look hot, I don't see why you'd have to change."

"Max," I warned.

He rolled his eyes and slipped his arm back over my shoulder. "You look hot. I'm not gonna lie."

"Well at least keep it to yourself."

"Not going to happen."
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Thanks for all the comments, guys.